FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch and Feb 07 Kidz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 36>
Author
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 9:23pm
Hey all

First off

Happy Birthday Elle

Second off - gosh we had a great time in Auckland. It was so much fun and Noah and Ella together were just the cutest!! Noah was so sweet holding on to BS at the airport and laying his head on her shoulder - awwwwww. I'm sure he wanted to stay. Prob to play on Ella's slide. My mum has promised him his own.

It was so cool meeting Sterryn and Sam and Yummymummy and Gina and seeing other mummies and babies again. The birthday party was as good as it looked and Gabriella got the bestest pressies (esp from me LMAO!!)

BS, BSDH, BBS and Grannie were so kind to open their home to us on such an important and busy weekend for their family and I am so grateful. They took extra good care of us and really made our stay lovely. Thanks guys so much.
Sponsored Links

Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 9:27pm
Hmmm gotta fix that ticker
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 12:34pm
Thats so cool that you came up for the party Leish. I bet you guys had a wonderful time.

The countdown is on now it's only 3 weeks today that I will be back at work I don't want to go, I don't want to leave Alyssa at daycare . I want to win Lotto and stay at home !!!!!.

Her first two visits are booked and her first day is the 31st. I'm not working that day so I'll drop her off in the morning and get her early afternoon if I can wait that long. Time is just flying by as we have such a busy month this month. I want it to slow down.
Mum to Natasha Aroha 9/12/1995, Alexandra Makareta Waimarie 22/4/1998 and....Alyssa Frances Hopaea 18/03/2007

[/url]
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 1:59pm
ahhh we loved having you Leish....and your pressie was beautiful....lets just say it came in a green MHJ box!!!

well i am back at work...all doing okish in our house with the bugs for now....heres hoping they are well and truly gone now!

yeah i gotta change that ticker too...just realised if i dont it will say happy first birthday for ever cause it is a countdown one...LOL!!!
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 3:31pm
I wish I had a reason to change my ticker!!!!

My little miss is sick at the moment she must have caught something while we were away because both her and one of her cousins have runny noses and fevers etc.
She's kind of up and down, one minute she's playing the next she's snuggled up on my lap looking all sick, then she's off again. I took her to the Dr and he said there was no infection that he could see so it's just a virus. Poor we thing hopefully she will be better soon.
Mum to Natasha Aroha 9/12/1995, Alexandra Makareta Waimarie 22/4/1998 and....Alyssa Frances Hopaea 18/03/2007

[/url]
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 6:21pm

Happy birthday Elle for yesterday.

We've had an eventful past few days. The boys had nana (my mum) stay with us for a couple of days. Took the boys shopping and they got spoilt. Then we had the daycare issue and Josh is no longer in daycare. And the good news is we are moving up to Waiouru in Julyish.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 4:08pm
Well....My baby girl is one!!! Can't believe it! Poor thing spent her birthday blowing snot bubbles out her nose, coughing and sneezing and she is still a bit miserable. And then I spent the day with a miagraine after having the laundry cupboard door come smashing down on my head (ouch!!!), but she had a lovely day other than all of that!

She got heaps of books, a table and chairs, bean bag, clothes a few toys and a personalised height chart, one very spoilt bubba!

Sounds like Ella had a great day on Sunday BS - checked out your pics on FB - SOOOOO CUTE!!!!! And sounds like Noah had a great time too!

Been very busy at work lately, back to 5 days next month, which won't be so bad as I have been doing over 40hrs in 3-4 days a week so will be doing the 40ish hrs over 5 days, which is probably better anyways. On the up side of work, I am only about 5kg off pre-pregnancy weight now (YAY!!!) and can wear my old jeans again, although still a tinsy bit tight, but stoked about that!

Mum's operation is next week so have been getting a bit nervous bout that, we also found out the other day that MIL will have to have an operation and possibly chemo for a tumor she has had in her head (had the lump for about 2 years but it has grown so they think its best to remove it), so kinda scary in our household atm, with both our Mothers having tumors, but we are trying to stay positive about it all, esp for both of our Mothers, at least they are both able to have operations to remove the tumors. Does make you think though......always appreciate what you have while you have it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 4:08pm
Oh yeah must sort out my ticker too!

shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 4:26pm
Happy Birthday Elle!!!!
And big Hugs hails for you, your mum, MIL and the rest of the family. Hope all goes well.

Gee lost of spoilt Bubbas on here.

I still haven't found anything for Alyssa, and her birthday is on Tuesday. So I guess I'll be shopping all weekend. There is a new Toyworld opening Saturday at Westgate so I'll be up there bright and early as there should be some good specials. Then I'll have to also check out the PP outlet store and JK for some new clothes.

[/url]
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 10:38pm
ok so i officially am the mother of a bully!!! yes i know she made Noah cry but today at DC she got taken aside and told off and made to apologise to one of her little friends...apparently she scratched her! ugh i bet she did too as one of the older kids was doing it over xmas etc and she picked it up off him at DC...apparently her little friend will rettaliate to anyone else who bullies her - except to ELLA! oh dear....not sure how we are going to stop the swipe and scratch movement...I have taken to grabbing the offending hand and telling her NO and NAUGHTY girl...and then saying we dont do that! ugh i created a bully!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2008 at 9:00am
Oh dear BS! Don't worry Elle has been known to do the quick swipe sometimes, this morning she even wacked me on the head with MY hairbrush (although I do think it was the case of my head more getting in the way of her madly waving the hairbrush). Hope you get the issue sorted quickly.

Is anyone weaning their bubs onto cowsmilk? Dh and I discussed it the other night and worked out it'll probably be cheaper for us to keep her on formula atm, can't believe the dairy prices atm!! Up until a few years ago we got free milk straight from the vat (mmmmmm....yummmy!!!)

Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2008 at 10:40am
well ella is havig real milk (green or lite blue as we dont do blue top here) on her rice bubbles in morning...but thats about it...she is fine with dairy and is now having cheese and other stuff - still bit weary on the luncheon and high preservatives.

my dilemma - and might do a post about it...is should i change to toddler formula (stage 3) of s26?? we are on 2 - which says it goes to 24 months but then they have a from one year mix too....argh?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2008 at 11:14am
Elle also has a fair bit of dairy in her diet, she LOVES yoghurt, cheese etc, and had scrambled eggs yesterday (for the 1st time and loved them!) with milk, so definately no issues with dairy here, although as I said above it works out cheaper to give her formula and also means I know she is getting the right vitamins etc as she can be a bit fussy sometimes with the food she eats.

Oh and I posted in the other thread about the difference that I could see in our formula, but perhaps have a look on the side of the tin at the supermarket next time you are there.

Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2008 at 7:34pm
yeah ella loves her yoghurt....and milk was given to her before i knew it...daddy was putting real milk on cereal...i thought it was formula! good job no allergies huh?
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2008 at 9:08pm
hmmmm I wish Alyssa would drink some form of milk, she hates it all. I get away with milk on her cereal and she eats cheese and yoghurt's but if I put milk in a cup she takes one sip them spits it out . That is the only reason I haven't completely stopped breast feeding. I'll keep on trying and maybe she will drink it at DC it's funny how they eat and drink things for other people that they will never have at home.
I went up to the opening of the new Toyworld at westgate this morning to have a look for a present but nothing really grabbed me. I'm kind of over all the little toys and she really has enough junk for now sooooooo, I bought a Barbie Quad Bike ooops wasn't supposed to spend that much. But it's cute and it was 1/2 price!! So she now has a present she can't even use for ages. Oh well she wont know and I'm sure she will get lots of other pressies from all her cousin's that she can play with.

Oh yeah I also got a Quick Smart stroller for $49.00 which is really cheap RRP is $159.00 although I have seen them for $65.00 buy now on trade me (so still cheaper). I got it JUST IN CASE we do ever go overseas. Someone needs to cut up my credit card right now !!!!! I'm going to spend the first six months of work paying it off.

[/url]
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2008 at 9:45pm
LOL are you grannie in disguise today!!! we have a ride on pedal tractor and not sure how long before she can use that!!! but that barbie quad is mega cool...wont be too long...kids in the usa had a jeep one and the one year old was using it with the 3 year old no worries! well actually - worries - as i had to run alongside as they drove all over...argh - have fun!!!!

ella demands starbucks and smoothies and the like if we have them when we are out...maybe buy a milkshake if Alyssa does that too and share - most of ellas learning had been from sharing....Ummmm she LOVES starbucks frappacinos....I am always saying NO its mummys drink! but always give in for a few straw sippys for her...Bad mummy
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2008 at 9:54pm
Yeah she does share Alex's Chocolate milk shakes the little monkey. But I drink Mocha's so she can't share with me....she just eats all my muffin instead.

My big girls want to ride on the Quad Bike! I have a feeling it wont be able to take their weight, but at least they can do the running along beside it holding Alyssa on. Another bonus of the big age gap.

[/url]
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2008 at 10:33pm
yeah big age gaps are good....!

i hate letting ella drink caffeine but figure wont do too much harm..much! considering i drank NONE while i was preggers with her....

she is loving juice boxes at moment too....daddy just let loose that he has been giving her one every morning with her brekkie...left over from party! naughty!!! the things they do when mummy sleeps in...and i have been sleeping in a lot lately...just cannot get outta bed!
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 8:17am
Lots of chatter in here!!

Good score on your shopping the other day Shaz. We have a quad bike too, reading and waiting to go. DH took it out of the box the other day but Noah was scared of it (hehehehe) so don't know when he will be interested in it.
Yay for older siblings huh!! They can be lifesavers at times.

Oh no with your little bully BS She'll get the message soon enough with your telling her off. She's just learning all kinds of stuff and some of it is bound to be naughty. I hope she stops sooner rather than later. And I think Noah is too much of a gentleman. When we were at the library the other day, this boy (maybe 3 years old) tried to get on the rocking horse Noah was playing on so Noah turned around and pushed him in the chest and yelled at him. hahahahaha - I was secretly proud of him but went and told him no pushing and told that other boy to wait his turn.
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 8:18am
Ugh - really must change that ticker.

Do you have the boat BS? We had good boat weather here yesterday. I was hoping you did too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 36>