FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch and Feb 07 Kidz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 36>
Author
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 2:47pm
Oh thats a gorgeous cake, is the photo just a normal photo on paper? ...I know you can get edible transfers of disney characters and stuff ...was looking them up on trade me last night but it's too late to get into all of that - maybe next year!!

Lucas LOVES lollies/chocolate ....moreso chocolate! Nana told me that nowadays you can supposedly get lil frog etc decorations at the supermarket so that might be our first stop. I think she was meaning edible decorations too. I want to spell his name out on the cake ....the number 1 b'day candle & lashings of choc icing (purely because I'm a chocoholic as is Lucas when I allow him to be one)

I think we will do the fancy B'day cake and big splash out Birthday party for his 2nd or 3rd Birthday (preferably when I'm working and can afford to do so) ...the amount of pressies I have for him more than make up for no B'day party ....hadn't realised how much I'd bought in advance in all the sales.

Woooo sooo excited, can't wait to get down on the ground with him and all the new toys

I still can't get over how gorgeous Alyssa's cake was ...and i LOVE that last photo you posted of her hehe so cute!!
Single Mum to a darling wee boy of 3 years :)
Sponsored Links

Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 2:58pm
ooh i just went shopping and bought ella a toy - heres hoping daddy can fix it! (see general thread!)

went down to pukekohe this am and got a few onsies while there - $4 for gorgeous long sleeve one! M2L - there are some gorgeous boys clothes on sale in there if you down that way....in sotre just down from national bank and attached to a florist! I waas going to buy sam a new outfit for her birthday Sterryn but they jumped form 3 months to 18months!!! or had LONG dresses....bugger she is so short as found some CUTE stuff!!! ALL on sale!
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 4:48pm

OMG I love that cake. You laminate the photo so you don't ruin it. We did that cake for Andrew's 3rd birthday last year but he just wanted the lollies and no photo - easy enough for us.

Josh has been enjoying his time he has been having with daddy, its been good I can get my assignments done that I want to have done before he goes back to Waiouru. He goes on Wednesday so i'll be back then doing lots of posting .

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 4:50pm
Aww Poos & Wees!!! Darn short ass daughter

As for the quad. Lucky Ella!!! You could always give that to Sam for her birthday

We had our 10 month MenzB jab today. My poor baby She was not impressed and yelled at the nurse - it was hilarious
Getting better at walking by the day, more and more confident. She can get to about 3 or 4 steps now before going hands and knees. Exciting

BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 9:57pm
Aww yay for Sam ...thats soo cool! I can't wait till Lucas is walking on his own, in the meantime its sooo cute when he pushes his trolley along with his bum sticking out like a duck hehe

BS I know the place you are talking about, they have such gorgeous wee outfits! I might drive through there on Saturday and take a look, thanks for letting us know!

Have you been in farmers lately? I went in to pick up a messy mat in their easter sale, couldn't help but take a squiz at the littlies clothing section ...the boys clothing is so unappealing (as per usual), however the girls stuff they've just got in is SO CUTE! ....so unfair,I find it hard to get my hands on decent boys clothing that actually looks nice.

Better jump off now, im tired as heck.

BS let me know when your inbox is empty so I can retype msg ...

And Mum2Sam will you be coming to botany meet up?

Edited by Mum2Lucas
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 10:11pm
Mum2sm, I can't believe that little monkey is walking already!!!! NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 10:14pm
LOL have emptied some out...oops! sorry!

yeah have seen the girls stuff = expensive forwhat it is tho....and the colours of tops dont match the bottoms...very weird! cute but weird!

buy ahead for next season for lucas in the sales too...we did for ella - she basically has one outfit for every day so it doesnt double even once in 3-4 weeks if need be

had an accident at cotton on tonight - called pink ugg boots (sooooo cute on her) two skirts, a gorgeous far far away top for next summmer and two soft toys - two cause she demanded the monkey and wouldnt let go of the lion...and they were only $2 each!!!
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 10:25pm
LOL at the monkey and Lion. She has you wrapped around her little finger BS

Yes Annie, starting to walk already - like she wasn't trouble enough before. I totally blame BBS's birthday party. She saw all the big kids doing it and came home and just decided to let go of the furniture. She hasn't even mastered standing unaided, but today tried to run - Arggghhh!

Mum2Lucas, we will definitely be trying to make at least one of the Botany meet ups. We are the exact opposite end of Auckland though and with the price of petrol it costs a small fortune to get there so definitely can't do both. Most likely the second week as we now have another exciting party invite at the beginning of April - Yay for Caleb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 10:27pm

So am I the only one with a non walker???

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 10:39pm
Nope, Lucas is not walking ...he pushes a walker trolley/walks along furniture or holding my hand/finger, and can stand alone for AGES ...but he needs something to pull himself up on first to get to standing position!

Can Joshy stand and walk along furniture? ....my boy started pulling himself up at 7 months (before all my friends bubs) and started walking along furniture then, but all my friends bubs which are younger have been walking since 9-10 months and master tubby (aka Lucas) is still not walking ...all in their own time I guess!
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2008 at 8:24pm
LOL we have two parties on our fridge at moment...one is sams!!! def other ends of auckland tho! and petrol - dont go there with me - we put $150 in boat last week and $45 in today! argh!

Ella went for a swim today off back of boat - she DEMANDED to jump in with daddy. She was so upset every time he disappeared under water! So we put her togs on and her lifejacket over them and in she went...she was not happy - not warm like the pools! and it was about 8 metres deep...oh dear...was ok but not overly impressed.

She loves being on boat tho and has prety amazing sea legs...and sleeps - two sleeps - one in my arms while underway full throttle and the other while we were anchored - put her in cabin and we all went swimming in the shallow bay! auck weather was amazing today...and swimming was devine....but i am soooo sunburnt!!!
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2008 at 8:34pm
soooo jealous!!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2008 at 8:39pm

He cruises on furniture but doesn't stand by himself yet. He's too lazy I say as Andrew was running at 9 months - the day after he walked he ran

BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2008 at 9:51pm
Leish is Noah walking? ...I'm not sure if I've seen you mention that he walks yet, excuse my ignorance if he does LOL

Yeah Becks, Lucas is a bit on the lazy side too ...if he sees something he wants he drops down on the ground (from standing position) and will crawl there. I know he is perfectly capable of walking, just lacks confidence in going it alone!

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2008 at 9:57pm
Yay for party invites BS We have two more on our fridge yet too, plus another definite to come for the day after Sam's!!! It's getting more and more expensive as the days go by Lucky I have already bought 50% of Sam's pressies. Her talking/singing Winnie the Pooh is in the spare room and everytime you open the door she motors in there and plays with him. That was sooo a winner!!!   Discover dome is hiding under the bed, slide & bean bag are on order! Phew

I am so jealous of your day out on the boat! I got to spend mine with my stupid Grandma! I should have replied to your PM sooner - maybe could have scored a spot and be miserably sunburnt with you

Mum2Lucas, did you get a cake recipe sorted out?

Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2008 at 9:24am
LOL....yeah boating yest was divine..and snapper was yummy - grannie shared a little!

Leish - did noah learn anything about walking from ella??? he was taking a few steps when he left...

M2S - ooh yeah ella loves her winnie too...we hid it when we came back from oz ready for her birthday...he gets loads of cuddles

M2 L - have a wonderful day...hope Lucas gets totally spoilt!

YM - hope u doing ok and Gina and bubba are coping with you running backwards and forward to NICU. Big Hugs.

Annie - ill post some photos to really make you jealous later on....altho me in a bikini might make you blind if i post those LOL!!!

ps- Im over my motion swaying now - took hours to kick in...i think ella had a bit when she went to bed tho - took ages for her to stop moaning last nite...
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2008 at 3:28pm
oops went to botany and warehouse had a sale...buy two toys get the third free....you know what is coming...for just under $200 we got the range of barbie fairy princess stuff (what do u call it with the elephants and the monkey etc) and one large fisher price to that she didnt have, a large stables of "little people" and their horses and a huge coastguard helicopter (daddy will love that - heres hoping he doesnt come on and read this!) - all to put away for xmas....score!!!

then we had lunch watching kids doing dancing on stage - ehy were terrible i am sorry but that dance school has a lot to answer for with the way those kids had no idea of what they were meant to be doing....but ella loved that kids were on stage to loud music and clapped heaps and squealed! LOL! NOW she is pretending to sleep...had a coughing fit before and woke up - we seem to cough when teething...argh!
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2008 at 6:44pm
We had a great day yesterday with all the cousins and Aunties and Uncles. It's so cool that there are so many of them that they make a party all by themselves LOL.
Daddy had a little bit too much to drink and was feeling a bit green today at the easter show. The big girls went on a couple of rides by themselves. But I can't believe they still have the same cruddy old rides they had when I was a teen 20 odd years ago. It's really not worth going lucky we won the tickets as it is soooo expensive once you pay to get in then have to pay for every ride as well.
Now poor old DH has to go out for his brothers stag night tonight hope he can stay awake and doesn't end up in a gutter somewhere . At least they were starting off with a BBQ at his work so they will have a bit of a lining. He will probably fall asleep after the food though.

Hope Lucas has a great Birthday tomorrow
Mum to Natasha Aroha 9/12/1995, Alexandra Makareta Waimarie 22/4/1998 and....Alyssa Frances Hopaea 18/03/2007

[/url]
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2008 at 9:31pm
I shouldn't be telling this story DH will be horrified
but I remember Ella and BSDH had a similar less painful experience.
Anyway DH showers Alyssa most nights, up until recently he has held her but as she can stand/walk etc he has started putting her down to play in the shower. Well the other night she slipped and reached out/up for something to steady herself with.......DH said it took a few seconds (seemed like a life time ) to get her balance.

OMG I haven't laughed so hard in ages DH didn't appreciate the joke.
Mum to Natasha Aroha 9/12/1995, Alexandra Makareta Waimarie 22/4/1998 and....Alyssa Frances Hopaea 18/03/2007

[/url]
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2008 at 9:57pm
LOL....OMG haha

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 36>