FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch and Feb 07 Kidz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 36>
Author
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2008 at 10:05pm
hahahahahahahahahahaaahhahahahahahahahahahahaha!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Sponsored Links

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2008 at 10:51pm
OMG! ROFLPM

Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2008 at 3:23pm
LOL funnily enough and i wasnt going to post but seeing you did - Ella and daddy were in shower the other morning and i heard a sharp intake of breath....turns out he had her on floor of shower and she grabbed hold to steady herself....he still looked in shock and did not know what to do or say really....LOL!!! I had to juu shut shower door and walk away - oh ok not before saying something about wasnt much to grab if all shrivelled up in shower anyways....LOL!!!
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2008 at 8:30pm
ok today we had a great day....daddy was off fishing all day and Aunty Ee stayed last nite so ella got to go wake her up. That was funny in itself as Ee scared Ella by mistake..took five mins of apologies before ella would go to her! LOL
THen we went to swimming lesson - at new and earlier time (not middle of day!) - loved it. She did awesome,kicking, unders, using hands, holding board, and then ran and leapt off the mat into the water...It looked like she was running to jump off a wharf and the other mummies and watchers all took huge breath out loud...actually THAT was funny...Ella came up laughing her head off!
Then she played in her playhouse with Ee and they had pretend cups of tea...her latest game is pretend eating and feeding! esp off magazine pages!
She was worn out and has also had two nice long sleeps today....
was just such a NICE day! finished off with fresh snapper for dinner YUM!!!!!!
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2008 at 9:58pm
ok so i am officially ttalking to myself now LOL!!!

well ella took grannie shopping today...no wonder we need a BIGGER house....they bought a table and chairs for the playhouse, a tea set, and - and now this is random and a total grannie thing - a toboggan! yep apparently they had two left and had them half price today - so for $20 she has a huge moulded plastic tobaggan ready to take to the snow that we were thinking about doing...now we have to cause she has a toboggan!!!

We also got the quad bike going - was the fuse...we bought a new battery but then worked out the fuse had gone - and there was a spare in there too...and it goes perfect now! so all up total cost (with battery) $26!!!
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2008 at 10:08pm
Hey BS you are not alone here I've just been lurking around the other threads.
We got Alyssa's quad bike out to have a go today. Very cool, the big girls had heaps of fun taking her around the lounge.
We have Alyssa's first DC visit tomorrow I don't want to go back to work!!!!
I'm sure I will be fine, I've done it before but I just hate the first week or so. It's so hard I so hope she doesn't get too upset when I leave her next week. She will be having a short day on her own on Monday as I'm home so can drop her off then pick her up early. But Wednesday is going to be so very hard I'll have to drop her off by myself and drive all the way to work probably balling my eye's out. I could kill DH as he has a meeting in Wellington that day so he won't be there to help and we had discussed it and I said it wasn't a good day but everybody else wanted that day so he agreed grrrr
Mum to Natasha Aroha 9/12/1995, Alexandra Makareta Waimarie 22/4/1998 and....Alyssa Frances Hopaea 18/03/2007

[/url]
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 12:08am
BS you're not talking to yourself, im always around ...lurking here and there!

Sounds like the quad bike was meant to be, turned into a real bargain! Does Ella know how to use it properly?

As most of you have probably read in general forum, my lil man took his first proper steps unaided today, was wonderful. I'm still very excited about it all, hes taking anywhere from 4-8 steps at a time, some more steady than others ...but hey its a start! He's so gorgeous, he puts his arms out and comes over to give me a big hug! LOVE IT!

Bursting with pride right now! LOL - can ya tell?

Good luck with Alyssa's first DC visit tomorrow Shaz, I'm sure it will all turn out fine, will be thinking of you both!

And BS at the risk of sounding totally ignorant, could you please elaborate on what a 'toboggan' is?

Lucas' Bday went well, the walking the next day kind of topped it off! Minor glitch with the cake, thermostat on our oven has gone kaput so cake burnt & Nana had to jump in and make one ...we iced and decorated it up (nothing too extravagant) tonight and lit the candles/sang happy birthday etc etc. Lucas surprisingly wasn't hungry for cake though, so will offer it to him again tomorrow!

He's being such a good little boy, he fell asleep basically straight after his bath tonight, no breast needed! (I think stimulating him heaps and being on the floor 24/7 is working wonders in that respect) ...and he's also started saying 'nana' and picking up his toy phones & putting them to his ear (has a dial phone, and a playskool mobile phone) and will keep saying 'huh?' until the lil recorded voice on it speaks back to him ...he gets louder and louder with it, and if it doesnt reply he throws it on the ground LOL!

Really having the time of my life atm, children are so amazing, the things they pick up ...like little sponges taking everything in! He even knows how to match a couple of the pieces of his peg puzzle to the board in the correct spaces woohoo!

Enough bragging, im on a 'high' as they say, now fingers crossed he has a good night re: sleeping! Last night 6 hours straight before waking for a feed, was fantastic!

Hope everyone had as much of a lovely easter as what we did, and that you all have a nice week back at work/ with your child/ren! lol (bit of a mouthful there)

Argh writing an essay! Nighty night
Single Mum to a darling wee boy of 3 years :)
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 12:42am
Woohoo Lucas. What a little star   You must be so proud!

Isn't this just the best age? I am enjoying Sam so much at the moment. She has really developed a sense of humour lately and cracks me up constantly

We have had the wobbly steps today too, Sam walked from the couch to the exersaucer (about 8 steps) without falling over and I nearly cried I was so proud. Every day she gets a little better at it, and has no fear at all! Amazing since she can't even stand herself back up, she has to go over to a piece of furniture and use that - talk about doing things backwards

We have just started using some signs for Sam. Have been meaning to get started for a while, but kept forgetting . So we have started with Bottle today and she is already making the sign, but I don't think she really gets it as such yet. They say between 2-3 weeks so we will see. I am also doing the signs for Mum & Dad, but I think that is quite enough to start with.

Mum2Lucas, did you find the egg substitute to make the cake in the end?
I made some blueberry muffins out of the edmonds book the other day with it and also swapped the milk for lemonade and they came out really well. A little more dense than normal, but yummy and they went fast so I guess that is a good sign.

Well I hope everyone had a lovely easter

Edited by Mum2Sam

Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 7:02am
m2l - brag away!!!! glad his day went so well

SHAZ = big hug!!!!

ster - why u still up????

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 8:26am
I don't sleep these days BS. I don't know why! Sam is no longer having a dream feed and I think maybe it has thrown me off. Ended up getting to sleep close to 2am and up this morning at 7.30am. Arghhhh!

shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 1:56pm
Go Lucas and Sam, it's so cute when they start walking. Such a crack up and hard to get the silly grin of your face. I love hearing all the proud Mummy moments I sit here smiling too. DH thinks I'm mad.
Can't stop miss Alyssa now and she hates her pram I can't take her out of it when we go shopping or I get tantrums trying to put her back in. But it's just too hard to chase her at the mall she is into everything unless the big girls are with me.

They are at such a cool age aren't they always doing really cute stuff. Alyssa likes to play act at the moment. She grabs a little bag and walks off to the gate saying tata and waving soooo gorgeous. And she also loves the playskool cell phone she says hi or hello and then brings it to us to talk and says tata when she gets it back. I'm so going to hate being away from her I just love playing with her and watching her soak up everything.
She had a good visit at daycare she was happy to potter around with the other kids and teachers, she didn't cling to me thank god but wouldn't eat at morning tea. Oh well the teacher said if they do that they will wait a little while then offer them something else. Monday will be hard leaving her but I think Wednesday will be the worst as it will be the second time and she will know whats happening. Then I have to try and drive to work. I will have to toughen up I nearly cried today just thinking about it. Silly really when I've done it all twice before. But that was so so long ago.
Mum to Natasha Aroha 9/12/1995, Alexandra Makareta Waimarie 22/4/1998 and....Alyssa Frances Hopaea 18/03/2007

[/url]
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 2:03pm
shaz you will be ok...and more importantly Alyssa will be well cared for.

Ster - OMG you need some sleep chick! can you do relaxation methods or soemthing to help?

well last night Ella mastered the stairs - we have a big staircase that leads up to her and our bedroom so each night and norning we are up and down...she refused to learn to come down on tummy face to top of stairs like my bubba did in the USA...she will only walk down holding on to the bannisters...so i sit or walk in front of her....and going up she will hold on and walk or crawl up....soo clever tho!

yep our bubbas are doing pretty well me thinks.
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 2:18pm
Alyssa loves our stairs too she goes down on her bottom slipping from one step to the next but I still have to be close as it always looks like she's going to topple over face first. She won't turn around either. I'm sure when we moved in here Alex used to go down on her tummy facing up. Oh well they all have their own way of doing things it's just a little scary for Mummy to watch especially as there are tiles over concrete at the bottom of the stairs. Up is ok as she just clambers up them, not that I let her do that by herself either but it isn't as scary looking.
My Mum lives down stairs so the temptation to go down there is very strong as Mum always puts on Uncle Jays CD and they dance to it. So far we have caught her every time one of the kids has forgotten to shut the gate (touch wood). When we do go down Alyssa goes straight up to the CD player and demands it be turned on.... and of course Nana does as she is told.

[/url]
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 2:27pm
oh yeah we have the tiles at bottom too! scary!!!!
Must admit we havent safety proofed any of the house as it is on market...but really do have to now as am sick of saying NO ELLA ...she thinks her name is NO-Ella I am sure! and the little minz will give me this look like come on mum...and then run when i get up to move her....argh! not so long ago we wanted walkers LOL!

her latest thing is when she is upset or grabbed to have her bottom changed or getting tired and cuddling up she says what sounds like "wubble wubble wubble" or kinda "Rubbel" like trouble maybe but a W sound... - no idea what she is trying to say and it is always kinda whiny in a tired way...really is the only thing i cannot work out what she is saying...so sent a note to DC and asked if they knew...wondered if they said something to her at set things that sounds similar?
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 6:50pm
Hi guys, long time no write! I have been flat out with work and stuff and while I try and jump on here I don't really have time to write. So things in our life...

Jack is doing really well, still just walking around furniture, but isn't far off walking. He is such a delight, though has come to know his own mind now which can be frustrating when he believes he isn't tired and we know he is!

Other things are good, work as I said is really busy and if I didn't know things were changing soon I would consider handing my notice in. M is doing well as well and we had the chat about number 2 in the weekend, though think it will still be a wee way off yet! (am certain that we can't get another this good!)

Hope you girls are well
Take care
S
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 8:04pm
hi stranger....hmmmmmm you back right before Jack is one huh?

Eh gads ready for number two???? shall i send you back to read some of your posts from last year???

anyways - DC have no idea what "wubble x 3" is either....and she did it again tonight when i changed her butt ready for bed...maybe it means ummy i done poop in ella language?

little minx tho...slept two sleeps each day over easter during day - some 1.5 -2hours long...today at daycare...one sleep of 40 mins!!!!!! OMFG!!!! she demanded to go to bed just after six!
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 9:31pm

We are having sleep issues here. He cried to sleep this morning but went off fine this afternoon and slep for almost 3 hours . then put him to bed a little later tonight (as we had a late dinner homekill roast mutton - yummy) and he went to sleep straight away weird child. I can bet on him going back to normal as soon as DH leaves tomorrow.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 6:35am
Hi mummies!! Glad to hear that all our babies are keeping well and growing up and all the other things these cutie pies should be doing.

Noah started walking a few days ago!! Soooooo cute!! And he loves it too. He's picked it up really quickly and isn't too shaky on his feet and can keep going for ages with the biggest smile on his chubby wee face **sigh** He's talking so much now and just blabs and blabs and blabs. His favourite thing is talking to people on the phone so we ring nana and mama and put them on speaker so Noah can chat away to them.

We had plunket ummmmm must have been a couple of Fridays ago and he was 13.5kg and 80cm long. Can't remember if I posted that already. Oh well if I did LOL You can read again hahahahahaha

He just seems to be doing all the things he should and growing beautifully. So much fun at the moment and it doesn't seem to be too bad with working full time now. I don't get home till after 5.30 (compared to before 4.00 when doing part time) but he is staying up later so I still get to spend a decent amount of time playing with him and I still do the bedtime routine every night. Don't feel like either of us is missing out. Although I think DH is about ready to run out the door when i get home LOL

Sorry for the mega long post. Don't know when I will get in here again. I do keep up to date with all your posts though but never seem to get around to posting myself. Hugs for next week Shaz. Will be thinking of you and Alyssa.
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 8:07pm
was funny tonight...daddy is outta town (again) and he video called me...i forgot we even did this as been so long...well ella thought it was hysterical that daddy was in the phone...LOL!!! she wasnt quite sure about it...but knew it was daddy for sure...LOL

ok so question time...im trying to drop ella back to three bottles...gave up on stage three...she now hates it...so do a milkshake in sippy in morn - no worries there....then there are 3 bottles for the day - works fine on weekends eg @10am, 2pm and before bed (7pm)..but DC days...OMFG @10am, @2pm and then between 4 and 5pm.....im thinking of sending only two bottles and demanding they do a juice cup cause otherwise i have to do a before bedtime bottle (number 4) too. How are you guys stretching out the 3 bottles now?
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 8:12pm
We're on two bottles now. Noah has one in the morning before his nap and the bedtime one. They are 250 mls with 5 scoops and it says that they need 2 cups of milk a day so I figure thats plenty for him. He drinks lots of water and the odd very diluted juice the rest of the time. He's coped with it fine and doesn't seem to miss the midday bottle which is really good. We've been doing two bottles for about 2 weeks now and its gone really smoothly.

As an aside, phoned the DC we are on the wait list for and grrrrr the timeframe has changed from beg May to late Sep!!!! So on the hunt for a new one. missy_girl from here sends Zoe to one in our area so DH and noah are going to check it out tomorrow but it sounds great from what she's said about it and has suited Zoe really well. Fingers crossed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 36>