FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF...the beginnings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mellybelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IVF...the beginnings
    Posted: 26 February 2008 at 9:35pm
Ok, an update from me - as I said I wasn't going to hijack Gingers thread (by the way, fantastic news Ginger..).

Well, I have been on the pill now for 1 1/2 weeks. I rang the clinic yesterday to get some progress on what my treatment plan was going to be as I kind of feel completely out of control of the situation. Anyway they rang back today to say they'd just received my plan from the lab...........

I start Buserelin injections on MONDAY!!! I always had it in my mind i'd be on the pill for three weeks, which would make it next Friday....yeah only a few days early, was just a bit of a shock that's all. I guess it is good as i won't have long to ponder and worry about the injections.

So, DH and I are going to the Clinic on monday to collect the supplies and be given instructions on how to give the injections. DH is going to be giving them to me as I have a huge fear of needles, you'd think by now with all the blood tests i've had i'd be ok, but NO! I think I'll be brave enough to give myself the epi-pen injections, i think it is cos there isn't so much build up to giving those (as in, getting needle ready, getting correct dosage etc...)

So it is really starting now, well next week anyway. Not sure if I can say I am looking forward to it, but am looking forward to the final result

Anyway, that's the update from me. If anyone has any words of advice for the injections/treatment etc they would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 10:59pm
Good luck Sally!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 8:24am
Eek! That's quick! Yay!

I'm sitting twiddling my thumbs for the next 3 weeks give or take, and then I start injections. They don't put you on the pill at F+, you're just straight into it. Which is a bit of a relief because me and the pill don't get along too well, but in saying that, I feel a bit like I'm missing out on something

It's going to be over for you so soon (we hope!!!!)! Weeee!
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 10:12am
Good luck Must be exciting to have things moving!
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

Leelee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leelee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 10:17am
Good Luck
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 12:20pm
Good luck!
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 12:29pm
oooh good luck mellybelly!

thats good to know about the pill and fertility+ Ginger....my body doesn't like the pill either so i'm happy with that hehe

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 8:48pm
So Ginger seeing AF has arrived, what happens for you now? When do injections start, you mentioned twiddling thumbs for 3 weeks...??

Hopefully my plan will arrive in the post tomorrow with a little more information, also we have appointment on Monday for the full run down.

Does anyone know, do you have to have the injections at the same time every day? Am sure that will be answered if I read by booklet again or on Monday, but was just wondering.
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2008 at 12:39pm
Fingers crossed your plan arrives today mellybelly sorry i cant help with the injection timing thing but i'm sure there will be someone who can

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2008 at 12:55pm
Good luck mellybelly. Hopefully it is all smooth sailing from here!

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2008 at 1:30pm
Injections start on day 21 and that's for 2 weeks. From memory. Crap. Hope I've remembered that right!!

I know my next hospital appointment is 18th March anyway for injection tech.
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 5:29pm
Have now had three days worth on injections (Buserelin)and apart from having a cold (totally not related) I am feeling pretty good about it all. The injections themselves don't hurt (that much) just need to get used to seeing the needle, which is my hang up. Thankfully DH is administering my injections, he isn't too keen on needles either, but is doing a stellar job - have teed up a friend at work to assist if he gets any call outs for work so I don't stress too much about it. However, I may try to give myself one tomorrow or Friday while he is around to see if I cope.

The 18th will come around soon enough Ginger, I start my second lot of injections (Gonal F) on the 19th after Blood Test on the 17th....
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 12:46pm
what a lovely DH mellybelly! sounds like you are both doing well! sending loks of luck your way!

Mikaela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikaela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 5:13pm
Great news that everything's going so well Mel! Sounds like DH is doing a great job with the needles, well done him

So what is the plan? When do they harvest the eggs and do the embryo transfer? Will they transfer at three days or five days??
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2008 at 9:06pm
Glad to hear things are going well Mel, it's great that DH is being so supportive.
Lou

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 8:46pm
Ok the plan from here is....

i continue with buserelin injections for a couple more weeks, blood test on Monday to check for down regulation (in other words to see if the pill and buserelin have done their job). Then on Wednesday (all going to plan) i start the Gonal F injections at night, this is in addition to the buserelin injection in the morning. I have another blood test on the 25th to check response to Gonal F.....then from there there may be another two blood tests and at least one scan (from what i can gather).

Egg collection is due for week commencing 31 March, I am guessing about 2 April. As for transfer of embryo, it depends on how they go with fertilisation as to whether they transfer at 3 or 5 days, that decision obviously gets made at that time.

Injections still going ok, have administered three now with DH's assistance. Was not expecting my period to begin, but apparently that can happen and is not a sign of bad things...Moods ok to a point, get frustrated a lot easier, which isn't such a good thing when stressed at work. Trying to monitor that as much as possible, but need to do a better job of it, or at least get out of office a couple of times for fresh air.

so that's the update from me....hope everyone else is doing ok.
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 10:40pm

Aww sounds like all is going well Melly Belly. Best of luck for the rest of your journey!

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 8:15am
Thanks for all your kind words and support, it is appreciated.

Well today hasn't started off too well. Tried to administer the injection on my own today (as I was successful yesterday), but the damn needle wouldn't go in, I tried twice and then got DH to try, even he couldn't get it to go in . I was not a happy camper at this point, ended up binning that dosage and tried a fourth time, it went in but by then I was in tears and my fear of needles came screaming back . really hope we don't come across another needle like that in the packet.

Well best be heading off to work, not too enthused today....
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 4:45pm
You are doing SO well. I second what Jess said. It will all be worth it. Hang in there.
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 5:02pm
Ooh you are doing so well thinking of you hun! and I third what Jess said! big big hugs heading your way!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>