FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy AF is teasing me!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My AF is teasing me!
    Posted: 27 February 2008 at 10:25am
I don't believe it!

I had spotting of a sort yesterday (TMI - red streaks in CM) which for me, 100% of the time, would have resulted in actual bleeding by late afternoon, during the night at the latest. Except, nothing. Nada. Zip. Not a sausage.

And today, the CM is back, with another random streak!

It's teasing me! It knows I want to start IVF and it's having me on

I've had some cramping, and a backache most of yesterday, and I had the usual upset stomach yesterday ... everything as it should be, except no bleeding. I even wore a yellow skirt today! (I normally stick to black, but I was invoking Murphy's law).

So, I've decided to do a post whinging that it's not here, so that it turns up and makes me look like a Noddy!

I think I'm probably screwed for today being day 1 though. Bugger. Now that they've given me the go ahead for right now, I don't want to wait another day!!
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Sponsored Links

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 11:09am
Grrrrr! Damn that Murphy!
Maybe plan a romantic evening for tonight? My AF always decides to turn up when I'm shaved and waxed and ready to go. And if that plan fails, sex often brings it on as well!

Come on AF!!!!!!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 11:41am
*shakes fist at AF*

Here's hoping she turns up soon for you
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 11:50am
your AF has been talking to my AF.....maybe they are the same AF does that make us cousins????? Grrrrrrrr naughty AFs
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 12:27pm
naughty AF sending you turn up soon vibes hehe

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 12:43pm
There is no progress other than the streaking, so I just phoned the clinic to tell them what's going on. They're in favour of a pregnancy test. I am not. I wish I was so lucky! Methinks it is more likely a physical consequence of an enormous step. I'd rather spend the $20 on a book

nzpiper - I say we give them the bash when they turn up!

(CaraMel - I tried that! I took the dogs for a nice long walk and then ... ahem. Zippo! )
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 1:17pm
i was going to suggest a preggy test...*ahem*

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 1:58pm
look I don't even know you and i will buy you one...:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 3:00pm
I get a few days of spotting before the actual event. Nice for the notice but a pain in the arse when you just want it to hurry up and start!!

If you were pregnant I would giggle A LOT!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 3:01pm
Eek, did that sound mean? I didn't mean it to... I just meant it would be Murphy being totally HILARIOUS.
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 3:05pm
Not mean Nikki I guess it would be funny - when the nurse asked me, she sounded like she was hiding under the desk as she said it and sounded relieved when I laughed at her

I'm sure that this time tomorrow, or the day after all will be well. I'm getting grumpy though because timing-wise I'm heading into injection-teach over easter. Blah!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 3:17pm
Ah, but it's worth it through right?? You can't plan every detail love

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 3:17pm
through = though
kobec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 4:03pm
Oh ginger I am so sorry that AF is being a pain in the.....bottom. (lol) I am sure these sorts of things just do it so that they (the imaginary AF invisable people of course) can just laugh at our obsessive behaviour. Man is sux being a girl sometimes (actually quite alot of the time when I really think about it.) hang in there.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 4:34pm
well i dont know what to say other than this isnt the first time its played tricks on you...and it will again.    i wish it would hurry up for you too tho - the sooner you get pregnant the sooner i can stop feeling so bad for feeling bad for being pregnant...

i would send hurry up vibes but mine dont work very well...

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 8:24pm
GOod call GandT - I don't want your hurry up vibes!

How about I send you some of mine? More walking, a bit of jumping up and down and then giving in to a good old fashioned grump-fest and it's finally arrived!

Tomorrow is day 1 of our IVF cycle

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 8:29pm
Hey so long as it's here before the weekend, right? Can I have a giggle if it properly arrives on Saturday? I'd gladly send you my horrible one in your direction but that's not as kind as it sounds!
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 9:10pm
Its here? YAY!! Good luck for tomorrow then, Ginger!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 9:14pm
Whoever thought that you'd be so glad to get an AF!!! (except in the younger single days, *ahem* lol!)
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2008 at 7:26am
great news ginger...

yeah send some my way...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>