FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSo they don’t work.. Now what?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So they don’t work.. Now what?
    Posted: 27 February 2008 at 5:03pm
So what will they do now? Quite an interesting article. I'm not worried - YET!

Article
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 5:13pm
My friend is a shrink and shes always said most anti ds are a waste of time and dont work because the wrong type is prescribed to the wrong person.

Interesting article indeed
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 6:51pm

I had a good talk to Stacey's shrink frind (thanks heaps ) and after talking with my dr, he is going to get hold of my gyne as he is sure the pill is making me go nuts, my happy pills were working fine before I went on the pill.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 8:08pm
Intersting. I knew that you usually need 'talking therapy' alongside medication, that medication is not a cure on its own. But I know that meds have defiantely helped me, and seeing a phychologist is really helping too,..were counselling wasnt doing much at all.

So does that mean Im severly depressed then? Who decides the level of depression, and what is it measured on?
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 8:47pm
I don't know how they measure the depression. I must be a nutcase then, considering I've been on it for nearly 9 years!
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2008 at 12:11am

LOL Mel we can be nutcases together. I cannot  remember the amount of times I have taken myself it has always ended in disaster.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 9:21pm
Interesting article. SSRI's don't do anything for me except make me nauseous, but when I was younger I was on Aropax for a couple of years and it worked fine.

I guess the issue is identifying whether the depression is chemical or not. I mean, meds aren't going to do anything unless there is a chemical imbalance to correct which is their primary role.

Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 3:00pm
Depression is measured mainly through the DSM-IV criteria (an American outfit where all mental illnesses have certain criteria). Can't remember what DSM stands for off the top of my head.

Medication certainly won't help if it's not a chemical imbalance. Though for me I wouldn't mind being able to talk through things with a professional as well as the meds but not sure how to go about that where I wouldn't have to pay!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by porcelina porcelina wrote:

Though for me I wouldn't mind being able to talk through things with a professional as well as the meds but not sure how to go about that where I wouldn't have to pay!

Maternal Mental Health are good for that
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 9:23pm
Plunket or your GP should be able to put you in touch with maternal mental health. Once u get in the system, you should get real good help for free!
 Post Reply Post Reply