FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockednormal or not?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: normal or not?
    Posted: 01 March 2008 at 8:16am
Since the mc...and im sure its because it happened at the scan and i was totally in shock..i worried about the next baby being ok... (when i got pregnant)..now I'm sure that's normal..he had a crap birth..so was worried then and worried as new Mums do about every little thing as well..but now i worry all the time about cot death or something happening to him.. is that normal? its mostly middle of the night as i have to sleep then) and we have a movement monitor..

i am not obsessive about checking him but i do rewrap him so his face is nowhere near the wrap ..Dad wraps him much closer to face...

anyway is it normal to worry so much about something happening to him..or is it something i need to deal with.?(i assume lack of sleep not helping)
Mum to two amazing boys!
Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 8:21am
No I use to do this as well it was one of the reasons I then got a movement monitor. He would be next to us in his bassinet and I would have to check him, if he had slept 5 mins longer than normal or if I happened to wake up and couldn't hear him snuffling. Sometimes checking him involved pretty much waking him up just to make sure. A few times when co sleeping I would wake up and he would be totally out of it and I would think "OMG i've smothered him, he's dead" but he wasn't he was just asleep.
It does get easier not to worry about it as they get older, especially once they can move about and pull their blankets around and stuff.

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 8:30am

I think it is completely normal. All new mums have the same worries and it doesnt matter if it is the 1st or 3rd bubba. It will settle down althou never goes away. WHen they get older we just worry about different things.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 10:19am
Totally normal! I think that saying (goes something along the lines of) "having children is forever having your heart walking around outside your body" is so totally true. I am constantly worried, my fixations are cot death and dogs attacking them
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 10:37am
phew..thankyou:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
Redbedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 6:34pm
Yep welcome to motherhood and the next infinite years of worry. I guess, nobody told me about this
 Post Reply Post Reply