FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedlosing weight in first trimester????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
sonyaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonyaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: losing weight in first trimester????
    Posted: 18 March 2008 at 4:26pm
hey ladies just wondering has anyone else found that they have lost weight rather than put on in first 12 wks?? have spoken to a few people bout this but wanna know if more people have experienced it.

dont have scales so not sure on actual weight loss or gain but my pants are gettin loose round my hips n thighs.

SHAY 9
QUIN 7
2 angels @9wk 1 day on 30-04-09
our angel 6-06-07
Sponsored Links

popcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 4:27pm
Heya

Yep I lost 5 kilos in the first trimester but put it all back on again once I got hungrier in the 2nd! So dont worry my midwife said that can happen for some people as your body is using heaps of energy to form the baby.

Good luck and best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 4:30pm
Yep when my mw first weighed me at 5 weeks I was 63kg, then when she weighed me at 13 weeks I was 59kg so through morning sickness I lost weight, now Im 66kg and in my third trimester.

aussiegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 4:31pm
I too lost about 3 kgs, mainly cause I was vomiting a lot and not eating like usual. I have since put it back on though, thats for sure!
Mum to Hayley **30.6.08
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 4:32pm
I don't have scales either but I'm pretty sure I lost weight in that first trimester as I barely ate enough to stay alive cos of the ms. My SIL got gastro in the first trimester and lost a stone in weight but bubs was all good. Baby takes what they need first and poor old mum gets whatever is left over.

mamawendz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamawendz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 4:32pm
Yeap, I lost 8kgs from 6-12 weeks due to morning sickness. I have put half of that back on since then and am trying not to put the other 4 back on which midwife said is okay.
mama_wendz
My Girls: Maddisyn Tylr & Layla-Mei Virginia
My Baby Boy: Noah Aotearoa
KiwiL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 4:33pm
I also lost a couple of kg in the first trimester, just from lack of being hungry.

My midwife said that it doesn't affect the baby in the first trimester, but would beyond that as it will start directly feeding from you.

I am struggling to regain my hunger and always seem at a loss for what to eat. But I am forcing myself now!
first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 4:33pm
Sure did. Not being able to keep your food down really does mean that weight is often lost during this time.

sonyaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonyaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 4:42pm
thanks u guys that makes me feel alot better bout it all...yup am suffering ms quite badly this time and never have before this pregnancy, maybe it just my body in shock at not bein "healthy as a horse" during pregnancy

p.s...thank god for the girl guides and their biscuits right now

SHAY 9
QUIN 7
our angel 6-06-07
mamawendz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamawendz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 4:43pm
Oh and also... I didn't get my appetite back until about 20 weeks, after being so sick all the time and then gum problems (just sore and unable to chew food).

Was horrible.
mama_wendz
My Girls: Maddisyn Tylr & Layla-Mei Virginia
My Baby Boy: Noah Aotearoa
Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 4:45pm
I lost a little bit of weight in first tri and thankfully haven't gained to much so far. My mum always lost weight right through pregnancy and my SIL told me she lost weight too.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 4:45pm
i lost weight in first tri(and i ate heaps...)but i had heaps of extra padding:) then i gained 4kg over whole pregnancy..lost appetite during 3rd tri!
Mum to two amazing boys!
sonyaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonyaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 4:52pm
yup well it not like i got none to lose hehe could be doing me some good

SHAY 9
QUIN 7
our angel 6-06-07
baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 5:38pm
I lost around 6kgs too, and I hardly had any morning sickness. I think it was because I just wasn't hungry and I absolutely craved fresh fruit, so that's all I was eating really!
Snickerdoodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snickerdoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 5:46pm
It seems to be quite common, huh

I was 77kg at the beginning of my pregnancy. I was 77kg five days before giving birth. I didn't weigh myself until 6 weeks after giving birth and I was 66kgs. However, I've padded out a little since giving birth, too, so I imagine I was less straight after birth.

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 5:54pm
I lost weight too and redistributed it!
sonyaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonyaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 6:34pm
wow charly that pretty good weight loss afer birth...are you breast feeding? if you dont mind me asking...ive been told it helps, couldnt do it with either of my boys but am gonna definately try again

SHAY 9
QUIN 7
our angel 6-06-07
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 8:44pm
I was surprised that at my m/w appointment just under 2 weeks ago I was EXACTLY the same weight as I was when I first found out I was preg, I thought I would be a lot heavier due to eating more and not going to the gym. I think also for me, a lot is probably loss of muscle tone - muscle is heavier than fat.... I weighed myself when I was picking my wee bro up from the airport last night and was a couple of kg's heavier (but then I was carrying a bit of stuff in my handbag! excuses... excuses!!!!)

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 9:51pm
Nope. I'm naturally 52Kgs and don't put on weight. However, when pregnant my body turns into a storing machine and I put on more in the first 16 weeks than I do in the last 24!!

I lost it all in 2 weeks with Elle though so I guess my body is just doing what is right for it but I don't like it! My pants tend to be tight around the tighs etc by about 11 weeks (it's starting already and I'm only 6 weeks!).

I'd love to be one of those people who just got a bump and nothing more but I guess our bodies do what they need to do.
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 11:07am

Hi - yep me too... was 69kg when I found out I was preggas, lost about 5kg in the first trimester.  I didn't really suffer from MS but did crave fruit and salads, so I think my diet became healthy.  I put on 9kg during the pregnancy and now way 63kg.  Everyone is worrying that I am losing too much but I'm eating more than hubby :) I'm breastfeeding and think that is why.  I now feel sorry for all those celebs that are given grief about weight loss immediatley after pregnancy.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>