FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOh dear - my sister is going to kill me!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
WigglesFan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WigglesFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh dear - my sister is going to kill me!
    Posted: 29 March 2008 at 10:33pm
My sister came to stay over Easter weekend with her precious and very gorgeous wee daughter.

Now my 3 month old baby has come out with spots that look suspiciously like chicken pox, my eldest has a high temperature, sore throat & headaches, and my middle child is off his food and is starting to develop spots as well.

I am going to take the spotty menagerie to the medical clinic tomorrow but am trying to decide whether I should phone my sister and pre-warn her (causing panic) or just wait till I know one way or the other.

Either way, she's going to kill me!
Sponsored Links

Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 10:35pm
Oh opps!! Couldn't be helped though.. if the spots were there to start with you wouldn't of had them over now would you?? Blame the lack of spots...
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 10:35pm

wait till tomorrow so you know for sure.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 10:37pm
These things happen, you had no control over it. The gremlins gave Isla chicken pox and Kellz had no choice but to forgive us

For what it's worth, I'm glad mine have all had it, got it over and done with and IMO the earlier the better!

Good luck with the spotty menagerie!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WigglesFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 10:41pm
I blame our mum! Every time she or Dad come to Auckland something horrible happens.

This time it is chicken pox.

The time before (two weeks ago) when they were up for a wedding our toddler ended up in Starship with an inguanal (sp) hernia.

In January when Dad was up my eldest had a kidney infection, gastroenteritis and pharyngitis all at the same time. And the same day our middle child had surgery to remove a lump from his wee man bits.

The week before Christmas when Mum came up she hadn't been on our property for more than ten minutes when my eldest broke both his arms.

And in addition when my middle child was 9 weeks he ended up in Starship being tubefed the week they came to visit.

I have told mum I want a divorce! pmsl!

Edited by WigglesFan
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 10:42pm
Man your kids sound like mine, we need our own parking space at Starship!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 10:42pm
Yep these thing happen and can't be helped if you don't they have it.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WigglesFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 10:44pm
*pulls cloak of invisibility over thread and hides under it to avoid MrsMojo*
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 10:45pm
oh gawd - tell them you will visit them in future....LOL!

is ddef better to get chicken pox early tho...altho having said that I am dreading ella getting it....and have just avoided the outbreak at DC, along with the outbreak of hand foot and mouth too at DC and a friend with mumps....thank goodness she didnt come in and see me when she was going to!!! argh....
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 10:47pm
For us it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, they didn't scratch much and were only sick for a couple of days. It was being stuck at home for weeks on end that killed me!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WigglesFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Bombshell Bombshell wrote:

oh gawd - tell them you will visit them in future....LOL!

Heck no! When we were down visiting them in Wellington last time we ended up with rotovirus.

The time before that it was bronchitis.

Normally we are pretty healthy!
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 10:50pm
eeeeeek YOU stay home and tell THEM to stay away!!!

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WigglesFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Bombshell Bombshell wrote:

eeeeeek YOU stay home and tell THEM to stay away!!!

Exactly! I think that we are allergic to each other! pmsl!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WigglesFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 11:01pm
Anyway, I really hope Michaela doesn't come down with it too - but she coveted my toddler's sippy cup and managed to wrest it from him and have a guzzle quite a few times.

Oh boy - my sister is going to kill me!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 11:03pm
I'm still impressed at finding someone who's kids spend as much time sick as mine do! Well done!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WigglesFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Maya Maya wrote:

I'm still impressed at finding someone who's kids spend as much time sick as mine do! Well done!

This last four months has been incredible. My husband is the only one in our family who hasn't been admitted to hospital! And one of my sons has been in twice. Ah well, best have a shower and prepare for another trip to the medical clinic. They are probably getting close to to the point of keeping our files out on the desk for easy access!

Edited by WigglesFan
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 11:48am
I'm sure this post wasn't meant to be funny but it has made me giggle a bit. I'm with you guys on the parking space at starship and only one of mine spends far to much time there! And she is currently having fevers and throwing up so looks like I might be off to the Dr soon too.

Hopefully your sister is very forgiving....it's not like you knew before hand.
And maybe you and your Parents should invest in a web cam so you can see each other from a distance. Then maybe they wont make you all sick

Edited by shaz
Mum to Natasha Aroha 9/12/1995, Alexandra Makareta Waimarie 22/4/1998 and....Alyssa Frances Hopaea 18/03/2007

[/url]
Snickerdoodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snickerdoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Maya Maya wrote:

Man your kids sound like mine, we need our own parking space at Starship!

You're ED VIPs

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WigglesFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 11:58am
Well I went to the doctors and all three are definitely sick with inflammed throats and this spotty rash, plus #1 may have a UTI and #3 has conjunctivitis. He says the next day or so should show whether they are the dreaded pox. It cost me $93 for this!

Now do I warn my sister or wait and see?

Or is she going to log in to Oh Baby today and bust me?
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 2:24pm
I'm sure she'll figure it out eventually

Fingers crossed none of mine have been in Starship since Nov which is a record for us lol, in fact it's even been a while since we saw the GP, she'll be wondering what's happened to us lol!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>