FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI’m going for testing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m going for testing
    Posted: 01 April 2008 at 6:28pm

I;m going to have some allergy testing done tomorrow. After the talk I went to last night about endo i'm going to see if I have issues with wheat, dairy or gluten and that may be playing with my endo.

Hopefully it goes ok as I will have to take both boys with me to the lab to get the tests done.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 6:46pm
Oh that will be intersesting tosee if u do have any allergy 's Becks. Did u get your hormone levels and iron checked?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 8:21pm

I'll be getting them done as well, progesterone, estrogene, feritin, and thyroid are the ones I want done and then what ever other my dr wants to get done.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 8:50pm
I'll be watching this space! Do you think that a gluten intolerance due to endo would show up? I'm gonna try cutting gluten after last night's talk too - my grandma, 3 aunties and mum all reckon they are gluten intol. and are of Nordic/Danish stock!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 9:04pm

Not sure T, I spoke to my mum and she thinks that its probably dairy as my sister has dairy issues. But no harm in getting them all tested tomorrow.

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 8:03pm
How did you get on Becks? Got any results yet? I went off for testing today cause I've been soo tired lately. Thyroid I think, iron, B12, folate?, glucose (I remember that one cause I had to do a 12hr fast!!).... and I get the results on Mon/Tues. I'm quite interested for the results.

In the meantime I've been cutting down my gluten intake cause my mum, all of her 3 sisters and their mum all reckon they are gluten intolerant (and not one has been to have it checked, go figure!!). I reckon they all have/had endo. But anyhow, cutting the gluten down surely won't hurt... I'm having fruit & yoghurt for breakfast (that was also to stop 'blockages' ), salad and canned fish for lunch, and then whatever the family is having for dinner.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 9:01pm

Well everything came back normal  apart from my magnesium was low.

But I have to wait for the gluten and intolerance tests to come back as they have been sent to Canterbury to be tested, and i've just had a few more done as well and they also have to go down to Canterbury to be tested. So hopefully in 2 weeks I have an answer or its back to thinking outside the square again.

Post Reply Post Reply