FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWish me luck with my random night combo!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wish me luck with my random night combo!
    Posted: 01 April 2008 at 7:04pm
I normally use sposies at night (yes, lazy I know!) but my poor Sienna has a nappy rash so bad it's bleeding atm even tho we've been using ointment at every change so I wanted to put her in something breathable overnight.

Problem is, all my nappies are PUL so after talking to Bizzy on the phone we came up with a random combo that is 100% breathable - I just hope it works!

She's gone to bed in a prefold, boosted with a Berry Plush hemp insert (for the minky stay dry layer) with a pair of woolen longies as a cover (altho they are actually shorties coz they're on the small side now!)

So wish me luck, hopefully I won't get up to a soaking wet bed!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 7:06pm
Oh, poor Sienna!    Is it a teething rash? My Grace was the same when she cut her eye teeth - bleeding bottom    It's heartbreaking to see them like that. I hope your combo keeps her dry tonight - good on you for giving it a go! Don't be put off if you do have to change in the night - it does take a bit of trial & error to get night nappies right.

Vic xx
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 7:13pm
I think it could be, she is cutting her back molars and has had some nasty nappies, every change today was dirty.

I used to do cloth overnight, Ecobubs wool pockets with lots of stuffing, but they have PUL in them so I figured in this case they'd be no better than a sposie in terms of breathability.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 7:15pm
PUL is breathable. It does allow air to circulate so it's not that bad.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by kebakat kebakat wrote:

PUL is breathable. It does allow air to circulate so it's not that bad.

i could never use it on toby overnight, gave him a really sore red bum by morning... hence the fitted and wool obsession

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 7:33pm
Have you tried Cornflour on her rash?

Hope the combo works.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 7:45pm
I hadn't thought of that Mel, thanks! They are both far more prone to rashes than Maya ever was, as babies they used to get cornflour bottom baths at every change.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 8:04pm
Good luck! We're trialing our new Baby Beehinds overnight for the first time tonight (after 2 washes now) probably could do with a few more, but for now I'll just hope it doesn't leak Boosted with a well washed snazzi cotton booster as our (tots bots) bamboo one wasn't dry yet.

Edited by AliaDawn

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 9:34pm

I hope it works for ya.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 8:03am
So how did it go? Hope it was a dry night!
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 1:10pm
how did it go emma? charli is always getting bad butt rash!   we only have PUL naps and i never even thought about that being a problem..

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 1:49pm
Woohoo, her butt looks a million times better! It's nice and dry and not weepy and bleeding anymore. The nappy and the longies were saturated this morning and the inside of her sleep sack was a little damp but not too bad, so overall it was fairly successful.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 1:53pm
At least she didnt wake in the night cos she was wet, and yay for her bum looking better!
AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 3:52pm
Yay for Sienna! Mike woke up early, and paid no attention to how our first go of that night nappy went last night... I'm goint to have to presume it wasn't terrible, as his soaker was wet so only had a designer bums cover, and his pjs weren't wet.

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 4:58pm
Glad it's getting better - poor chicken!

I have a bummis polar wrap which is supposed to be a breathable cover too. Not recommended generally for nighttime as it does get damp but I guess if you stuffed it that much....

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 10:21pm
She's back in a sposie tonight, her wee butt is much better and I finally found the Bepanthen ointment which always works brilliantly, we'd been using the Karicare which is good but not a patch on Bepanthen.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 10:44pm
ooh just to thread jack a moment - can you use Bepanthen with cloth without a liner? We love it but we're starting to spend a small fortune in liners.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 1:31pm
I'm not sure, I use liners all the time coz I'm squeamish lol!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Bobbie Bobbie wrote:

ooh just to thread jack a moment - can you use Bepanthen with cloth without a liner? We love it but we're starting to spend a small fortune in liners.

i dont think so... i always use cloth liners, you could consider some of them instead of disposables.

sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 3:58pm
I use cloth liners too & just chuck them in the wash with the naps. So easy.

I got mine from Tweedle.
 Post Reply Post Reply