FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBFN :(

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BFN :(
    Posted: 03 April 2008 at 2:43pm
I just got the call from F+ that I've been anxiously waiting for since my preg BT this morning - BFN. I was really hopeful this time, cos it was our second IUI, and they used 4 million strong healthy sperm and I had two good eggs, so I thought the odds were pretty good. My DH is overseas so I don't want to ring him as it's 2.30 a.m. over there, and I don't really want to talk to anyone else, but I'm pretty gutted.

Edited by catie
Sponsored Links

katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 2:48pm
I'm so sorry Catie. If you really want to talk to your DH I think you should just ring him anyway. He wouldn't mind I am sure in this situation.
Sending you big hugs. I am so sorry.
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 3:29pm
Oh, hon. I'm very sorry. Is there anyone else you can call?

catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 3:36pm
Thanks guys. We've been ttc for so long (nearly 3 yrs) that most people that knew have stopped asking and i don't really feel like bringing it up. Plus i'm at work and can't decide whether I'm better to stay and try to put it out of my mind until it's kind of sunk in a bit more,(even though I'm not actually getting any work done) or go home early and have a big howl. but I think going home to an empty house (except for the cat) would be too depressing.
We were gonna have up to 4 rounds of IUI, but i don't know if I can handle it.
honeybun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 4:00pm
Oh Catie I'm so sorry and I know how you feel. Give yourself the time to cry and just be upset it's important. You will move on and don't give up you can do this.
Mum to a gorgeous 5yr old girl and a beautiful baby boy.
Fergie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fergie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 4:03pm
Hi Catie

I also went through IUI about 6 months ago, having 2 eggs. We didn't have as many sperm though. We were supposed to have a IVF cycle but it was converted to IUI as my system did not respond to the medication. Yesterday, I compled my second cycle of IVF (3 eggs this time) and went in to have the egg collection done and all 3 follicles contained no eggs. This is the end of the road for us and we have been told that our only option may be a egg donar? I can come to terms with this. I never thought this would happen to us.

Edited by Fergie
kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 4:13pm

Catie I am so sorry

noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 4:51pm
catie i'm so so sorry hun big heading your way

Ladybird84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 5:23pm
catie, I am so sorry to hear this.
Please take care and remember that we are all here if you need support.

PCOS
3 Clomid Cyles
Conceived on a Break Cycle while waiting for IUI
catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 6:30pm
Thanks guys. I'm feeling a bit better. I'm usually a pretty optimistic person and I know that it might be 'third time lucky' and even if it's not DH and I have a great relationship and a great lifestyle and many things to be grateful for. but it's really hard to imagine never having kids.
Fergie, poor you!
Thanks so much for your support - it's really helped me get through the day.
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 8:59pm
Catie and Fergie Im so sorry. Catie dont give up now, once you hold your baby it will all be worth it and Fergie Im sorry to hear you have to go down the egg donar path and hope you find a donar quickly if you decide you want to go with that option, remember it takes more than eggs and sperm to make a parent, its how you love the baby you are blessed with.
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 8:06am
Oh Catie I'm so sorry! I know that's not enough, and it doesn't really even touch the sides of the grief, but I wish it was different for you.
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 4:00pm
Thanks guys.
I've treated myself to a pedicure today, and a mocca and eggs bene which I've been avoiding for the last couple of weeks and am feeling a bit better and more philosophical. I think coming off the progestrone doesn't help though - a bit of a crash, quite teary. But DH has been lovely, says we can just keep trying for as long as it takes (tho realistically if it hasn't worked by the 4th time statistically if probably never will). But we'll probably skip this next month and have some time to relax and not have our lives dominated by TTC.
Thanks again!

Edited by catie
tibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 5:58pm
Catie and Fergie, am so sorry.
Fergie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fergie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2008 at 10:46am
Catie, I know how you are feeling. I had two days of tears and now just feel numb. I am not motivated to do anything and just keep lying in front of the T.V. I have an appointment with F+ on Wednesday again to look at what we can do. My husband was supposed to be coming to the appointment with me but now says that he is too busy at work and can' make it. It makes me upset when his work comes before this, because I think we are in this situation because we never started trying to conceive earlier because my husband thought the time was not right due to all his work commitments. After we had the bad news on Wednesday, my husband started blaming himself for what had happened and said that he always let his work come first. Yet, again he can't make the appointment on Wednesday because of work? Again, work is affecting our only chance of pregnancy. I don't have time on my side anymore as I am now 38.

My husband says we will just keep trying? F+ don't think it is worth it? I think they are going to start speaking to us about their egg donar programme.

I don't feel like I can really speak to my husband as he seems to be shutting this out of his mind! I think I am going to explore all options by myself. Someone at work told me about a homeopath in Browns Bay that has helped many people with fertility. I am going to see him on Friday. So, I am just going to try and stay positive! You must do the same!!

Edited by Fergie
catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2008 at 2:17pm
Fergie, I would be quite annoyed with my DH if I was you, but I think sometimes men deal with things by ignoring them/consuming themselves in something else, e.g. work.
DH and I have been taking various supplements for a while now, and I've also been having acupuncture too (DH had some acupuncture, but has now 'gone off it') and that seems to have really made a big diference to his sperm, and I'm ovulating regularly (although there never seemed to be a problem with my fertlity, other than age ). but it can't hurt.
Good luck - maybe when another day or two have passed you might feel like you can talk to your DH and see if you can work out a way to support each other more (not that I'm suggesting you aren't supporting him). I think also sometimes DH's don't quite get how difficult it is for us, esp with all the additional hormones and stuff affecting our moods, and don't necessarily see the point in going to appts - which is frustrating, I know! and maybe guilt can get in the way as well? I dunno, just thoughts...

Edited by catie
 Post Reply Post Reply