FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWorried about pre-eclampsia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zebra7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebra7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worried about pre-eclampsia
    Posted: 11 April 2008 at 1:33pm
Hi Everyone,

Just hoping for a few words of support I guess ...

After having my 20 week scan (and being so relieved that baby is doing so well) my obstetrician has now terrified me by suggesting I might be at risk of developing pre-eclampsia. I have a history of slightly raised blood pressure, although it's been wonderful during the pregnancy, but apparently the scan showed up something iffy with the blood flow so i'm off for another scan at 24 weeks.

Am completely terrified now even though my obstetrician said he "didn't want to fill me with anxiety"
Sponsored Links

hooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 1:37pm
to you.
Desiree

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 2:07pm
mummy becks is the one to talk to about this..she has had it twice..i cant help with this stage i got it about 34 weeks but if you have any questions i can help with:)!let me know!
Mum to two amazing boys!
Zebra7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebra7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 2:08pm
Thanks people
Phat_Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phat_Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 3:13pm

Hi Zebra,

I got pre-eclampsia at 38 weeks so im no expert at this stage. After having a normal blood pressure through-out my pregnancy. Sounds like that they may keep an eye on your blood pressure and the amount of protein in your urine. Before they go anywhere near inducing you they get you to do a 24 hr urine sample and depending on the results of that will make the best decision from there. A girl who i roomed with at North Shore (mine in the end did get bad enuf to need an induction but I was term) she got it round about the 32 week mark and did go on to have hers induced but now has a very healthy baby girl. Try not to panic too much at this stage ( as hard as that is )but if you do feel worse dont hesitate to tell your LMC as it can esculate quite quickly (not trying to freak you out or anything)

Best of luck with it all.

Edited by Monkey_Moos_Mum_plusbump
Tristen - 24/06/07
Rylan - 11/12/08
Angel Babies -14/08/05 & 21/01/2010
Curtis - 26/02/12
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 4:07pm
Hi and congrats on your pregnancy, I read this in The Herald today, and I thought of you. It might put some of your fears to rest. I found it interesting reading.

Article
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 5:43pm
There's an article in the first issue of the OHbaby! mag out next week about a lady who had pre-eclampsia picked up at her anatomy scan. That pregnancy didn't work out so well but she subsequently had a little girl and they used a few different treatments during that pregnancy to reduce the risks. Might be worth a read, altho be warned, as I said the first pregnancy didn't have such a good outcome
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 5:50pm

Yep I got it in both pregnancies. So any questions ask away.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
 Post Reply Post Reply