FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUm ... OW?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Um ... OW?
    Posted: 14 April 2008 at 8:53am
I went to do my usual Buserelin injection last night and the pain! I nearly went through the roof, and it was so bad I couldn't get the needle in and ended up aborting the attempt and doing it in the other side. It stayed really sore, so I was having a bit of a probe, and there's a lump there I guess about the size of a large marble and it's still really sore today.

Does this sound familiar to any other IVFers?
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 9:35am
Dunno if this is helpful but that sounds like the lump that lots of bubbas get after their jabs when the nurse starts pulling the needle out while still injecting (I read that somewhere on here) it leaves a lump behind and it's always sore on Daniel when that happens so maybe it's from the same kind of thing?
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 10:10am
You might be right Stacey - I was at a friends place on Saturday and had to do my injection there and I might have ruched it a bit without realising. I've just had a good look at the needle site and I can see a bruise starting to come up (another one! ) so I think it may just be a deep bruise. Phew!

I really ddin't want to be one of those people panicking down the phone at the hospital every other day it's bad enough panicking at my husband every other day!

I also just toddled off to the loo at work and ran into someone from the office next door who I know has done IVF, and by the time she'd reassured me as to all the things she'd put up with I felt muuuuch better!
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
mellybelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 1:56pm
OW OW OW!!!

Glad you figured it out.
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 2:34pm
ouch poor you!

Post Reply Post Reply