FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRice crispie treats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rice crispie treats
    Posted: 23 April 2008 at 9:03am
Ok I will be the first to admit I suck at baking can someone give me a really easy recipe for those rice crsipie treat thingies we used to have as kids and the cornflakes ones.. for 2nd birthday party approaching, thought I can't mess those up..

Told you i'm useless!

Thanks ladies

Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2008 at 9:25am
do you mean the chocolate ones? if so the recipe is on the back of the kremelta packet - thats one of the ingredients you need.

MelandBri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelandBri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2008 at 9:40am
This is so easy and fool proof

100g Butter
100g Brown Sugar
1 tblsp Honey
4 Cups Rice Bubbles

Put the butter, brown sugar and honey in a large microwave safe bowl and cook on High for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir carefully.
Cook for another 1 1/2 minutes.

Add the rice bubbles to the butter mixture and stir well.

It says to press the mixture into a long dish, allow to cool then cut.
But you could spoon it into paper cupcake liners. You can also add some cocoa and make them chocolate
LadyOfLeisure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyOfLeisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2008 at 12:47pm
Ahhhh Rice Crispy Treats!

The easiest recipe get it off http://www.ricekrispies.com/Display.aspx?kic=1&recipe_id=1594.

The great thing with these recipes is that no sugar measuring needed just marshmallows!!! I've made them and they're easy!!!!

yum

Good Lucky!
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 11:40am
Originally posted by MelandBri MelandBri wrote:

But you could spoon it into paper cupcake liners. You can also add some cocoa and make them chocolate

We used to just mix melted chocolate with the rice crispies   and put them into cupcake liners. mmmmmmmm
Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 11:49am
YUMMO......might make some for myself!!! LOL

Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 11:50am
The one made with honey is yummy...My Mum used to make that and I make it now and then but end up eating it all myself......

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 1:40pm
R they 4 Bens party?! I will make them for u
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 5:14pm
jack and i made some the other day. i didn't have any chocolate so i melted some of their little easter eggs and used that
also added little mini marshmellows, chopped nuts and hundreds and thousands......they were yummy!!!!!

tried to make the same but with honey instead of chocolate...they didn't stick together so very crumbly. now that i have the recipe i can have another go

Post Reply Post Reply