FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCookie Time Cookies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cookie Time Cookies
    Posted: 04 May 2008 at 2:19pm
COOKIE TIME COOKIES

225g butter
3/4C sugar
3/4C brown sugar
1tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2C flour
1/2tsp salt
1tsp baking soda
1C choc chips or buttons

Creams butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
Add vanilla and eggs one at a time.
Mix together dry ingredients, except choc and add to butter mix.
Stir in choc.
Place dessertspoon full blobs onto greases baking tray - allow plenty of room for spreading. (We usually have to do a couple of trays).
Bake 180C for 15 mins.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Sponsored Links

popcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 4:01pm
YUM!!! thanks Mel
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 8:16pm
oh no - now I have no excuse not making them! They are so yummy!!!

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
MumsyMoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumsyMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 12:14pm
Do they crisp up so that they're crunchy like the cookie time ones?
My wee girl is the love and light of my life!
Konagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 6:17pm
These are amazing, taste just like the cookie time ones. DP loves 'em. I think they are sort of chewy as well as crunchy.
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 8:18pm
Is there anything I could put in instead of eggs?
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 9:40pm
Not sure Steph.

I think they are used as a binding agent. Hmmm I could ask the lady I got the recipe from.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2008 at 8:14pm
Try Orgran Steph, it's an egg substitute, about $4 a box from the health shop and a box = 66 eggs.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Kim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2008 at 9:58pm
I made these for my sister's baby shower and everyone thought that I had bought them. I now have to pass the recipe on to quite a few people.
Zac Mark - 30.11.05
Samara Ailsa - 13.08.07
popcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 10:16am
when you put them on the tray how do you make the shape? mine are fat wee creatures not really the thin massive cookie time type looking cookies, they are fat still really yummy though
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 10:22am
I just spoon them onto the tray and kind of flatten the top and then they spread by themselves. Nothing wrong with fat cookies
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

popcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 10:29am
fat cookies are real good mel, but i want them to look pretty hehe, my mixtrue was reasonably dry ish and crumbly until i rolled them ish into wee balls maybe next time i should follow the recipe instead of just chucking things in hehe
scarecrowfarm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarecrowfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 12:19pm
How many nice big cookie time cookies would this make?

Also, does anyone know what sort of chocolate they use? I love the huge big chocolate chunks that they have in them.
Robyn
www.scarecrowfarm.co.nz
Kim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 1:17pm
When I made them I didn't have enough chocolate chips as the two chubbies (me and DH) had them on ice-cream the night before but I had been given some scorched almonds so cut the chocolate off them in big chunks and added and they were great.
Zac Mark - 30.11.05
Samara Ailsa - 13.08.07
scarecrowfarm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarecrowfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 1:28pm
Yum! Scorched almonds would be wicked.
Robyn
www.scarecrowfarm.co.nz
Deez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 1:59pm
Could you use some sort of oil instead of egg...like instead of 2 eggs maybe 5 Tablespoons of oil???

I know a cake that uses oil instead of eggs so i was just wondering if it would work for biscuits too......

Lycan and Peyton = Moon and back!!
Deez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 5:23pm
I made them using oil and they taste yummy.....i dont think anyone will be able to tell the difference in my household anyway....

Lycan and Peyton = Moon and back!!
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 5:34pm
Oh that's a good alternative Deez, good on your for experimenting..
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Post Reply Post Reply