FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNot guilty..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Maya Maya wrote:

Originally posted by Mum2Lucas Mum2Lucas wrote:

The police HAD to find a scapegoat for the crime, and unfortunately he was taken down. Poor guy will have to live with this for the rest of his life.

With all due respect, he was their father and he was there when they were injured. Whether he did it or not, he had a duty of care to those boys and as far as I'm concerned I hope he DOES live with it for the rest of his life, he certainly deserves to.

I agree that he WILL live with this for the rest of his life regardless. He lost his two precious sons in the process.

The part that I think is unfair is the fact that he was dragged through such a huge ordeal & found 'not guilty' YET he will live with the label of 'child abuser' for the rest of his life.

Very pi$$ed that someone walks free & I also agree that regardless of whether he was guilty of hurting those boys or not, to some extent he must have been aware that SOMETHING was going on & he did sit back and let it happen - that he IS guilty of. He definitely failed his sons in that respect.

Edited by Mum2Lucas
Single Mum to a darling wee boy of 3 years :)
Sponsored Links

grrrgrrrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grrrgrrrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 9:35am
I think everyone in that house was responsible.
Mattias 2yo
Henrik almost 1
ooEvaoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooEvaoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 10:22am
Yes someone should pay for whats happened, but the Police will never change their mind on who they think the killer was, and thats why they won't pursue this case any further. How sad that they are willing to give up like that. I always believed that Chris was innocent. Being so young and having an older partner I'm sure he felt obligated, and that it was the "man" thing to do, to take the wrap for what happened to his boys. He neglected his sons that is something I will not argue, everyone who was in contact with those boys neglected them. He will always live with this hanging over his head, he lost 2 children, and was made a spectacle in front of the nation. I don't even think he's really had any time to grieve for his sons. Fathers are not always the bad guys in family violence. I have no doubt in my minds that the mother played a huge role in the death of those boys. You can not tell me that being on P doesn't bring out a very ugly monster in a person. I know how destructive P is and how warped the mind becomes on it. Not from personal experience, I would rather die than put that s%&t in my body, but many people around me have done it and it is not easy to come back from. For those boys, heaven is the best place for them to be, no baby deserves to live in such a neglectful, abusive enviroment. God now has them and I think that is probably the only comfort out of this whole ordeal.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Kels Kels wrote:

I think the mother did it. It was never proven that the father was even there when they were injured. Yes I think someone  should do time for it for justice for the boys but I dont believe in convicting an innocent man just because he was an easy target. Yes  he has duty of care for his kids but so did the mother not to mention all the adults that were in the house at the time.

I absolutely agree that every single adult in the house at the time is, to some degree, responsible for what happened, and I think they should all be held accountable, at the very least for the tiki tour they lead the police on in the early weeks after it happened. I am disgusted at the way the Police handled it then, and they don't seem to have improved any since then.

I think to describe Sonny as innocent is a bit liberal tho. OK so he's not guilty of doing the damage himself but IMHO the space between guilty and innocent is a very, very murky shade of grey. He could have stopped the injuries from occuring, failing that, he could have gotten medical care for them sooner. Choices have consequences, he made some poor choices and now he has to live with the consequences of those choices.

Edited coz I clearly can't spell consequences...

Edited by Maya
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Mum2Lucas Mum2Lucas wrote:

The part that I think is unfair is the fact that he was dragged through such a huge ordeal & found 'not guilty' YET he will live with the label of 'child abuser' for the rest of his life.

If the hat fits...

Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 3:53pm
Although I must say (and this will be the only thing I *ever* say in his defence!) that poor guy never had a chance. The way he was brought up, he was never going to have the opportunity to make something of himself, and that is the saddest part. When your upbringing is that dysfunctional, it's almost inevitable that it will be a vicious cycle.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 4:36pm
I was rapt he was found not guilty, I never thought he did it.

WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 5:52pm
I always thought it was the mother but as the paper i read said the police would be stupid to charge her with it now unless they can find new evidence otherwise defending her would be too easy as they could use the same defence as Chris had. There is no evidence she wasnt there when the children were injured.

Although hearing that the house was fill of benefit funded drug and alcohol fulled parties is what pissed me off the most why do people who waste their benefit money still receive it???? Maybe they should hand out the benefit in grocery vouchers with the rest being paid directly to the service companies ie phone power rent. I know not everyone abuses the goverment payments but the people who do need a wake up call
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 10:39am
Holy moly, I never knew that the Kahui "twins" were actually 2 surviving triplets!! Is this true?

Linky
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 1:26pm
Yes this is true.
Single Mum to a darling wee boy of 3 years :)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 1:35pm
Yup, the third one was stillborn.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 2:12pm
As an aside, this baby is a cousin of Chris'. Goes to show what a lovely family they are.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 7:15pm
That's so sad emma. Any news on if the 6 week old baby survived.

I think the mother did it. Hope the police some how find new evidence and can try her.

Poor babies thaty never had a chance.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 8:00pm
Yep, baby Xavier is OK. Not sure of the long term damage, but he did survive and he's been taken into care, just like his siblings
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 8:07pm

I am so angry at this woman at the moment. I can't believe the absolute crap that she is spinning to the media at the moment.

Macsyna King says she is a mother "haunted" by the deaths of her twin boys Chris and Cru Kahui, and she will not rest until "who" or "what" killed them is found

What the fark ever!!!!

Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 9:36pm
I read that too, and wondered to myself how thick she thinks the rest of the world are?
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 9:41pm

Did you read the Macysna (sp) World one  Made me even angrier!

Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 1:07pm
No, I must have missed that one? I read the background one in the Weekend Herald review section. Makes me mad that she even *gets* media coverage
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 1:19pm
i never thought Chris did it , BUT I think his "taking the rap for it " is betraying the boys.
I guess in the strange world of the Kahui's , its seen as brave-i just see it as another way they have let the babies down.
Every single person in that house (apart from the 1 year old ) should be held accountable , if your an adult, whether they are yours or not, you see a child being abused, you have an obligation to do right by the child and stop it happening,3 months, what could any child possibly do at 3 months to warrant that amount (or any amount ) of torture and abuse?

as for the lawyer thing-well if your a defence lawyer your paid to do a job , it doesnt mean they genuinely think your innocent (though i do believe Kahui's lawyer really did) my friends murderer had a lawyer , of course, and i always wonder if he really believed a word of what he was saying during the trial-whether he did or not,his job was to get his client off (he didnt though, ha 18 years,good job , not good enough) just like Chris's lawyer.

And Emma,who was Harder /harding? when he was at home? what he get disbarred for ?
NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 3:31pm
Well at one stage I had heard that a ex boyfriend of the mothers had said that she admitted that she did it to them and Chris shouldnt go to jail for it. When he went to the cops they said they had no proof that this was said. hmmmm dodgy

what about the reports from the nurses in the hospital that the mother was calm and very uninterested in the whole process why her kids were dying, she even answered a cell phone call walked out of the room and was laughing on the phone!!!

The whole thing makes me sick, there are 2 of her other older children living here in Gisborne, but apparently chris is going for custody of the "one surviving child" that headline sent shivers down my spine!

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>