FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNot guilty..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not guilty..
    Posted: 22 May 2008 at 3:18pm
i know someone posted it somewhere but cant find the thread... here is the news..

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/080522/3/5k3y.html
Mum to two amazing boys!
Sponsored Links

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 3:19pm
not many news stories would outdo the budget!
Mum to two amazing boys!
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 3:36pm

I saw that as well - all the rest were budget stories. I am shocked that he was found not guilty.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 3:40pm
wow - i wonder if they will go after the mother for it now!?

i'm not shocked, a bit surprised maybe.

Edited by Bizzy

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 4:26pm

You are right Deb, surprised is a better word.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 4:31pm
I'm not shocked, remember it is up to the crown to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" which is a very high burden of proof. It almost sounds like it didn't take much for the defense to be able to bring in witnesses who could give that reasonable doubt. It's not actually up to the defense to prove innocence.

Sounds like they would have a good case against the mum...hopefully another trial will be brought.

Edited by Paws

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 4:48pm
Yeah I'm thinking the same as you Paws regarding the mother.  I don't know how she can live with herself.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 5:03pm
I wasn't particularly surprised. I've always wondered if it was actually the Mum who did it.

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 5:16pm
Surely someone heeds to be made accountable though? They can't all walk away scott free can they?

Poor babies
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 5:26pm
seems like they will be... just read that the police will not be laying any further charges!!!!

Now that makes me very angry!!!!

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 5:30pm
I was just on NZ herald. com and it says no charges will be laid against Macsyna so I guess that no one is going to be accountable at this stage.
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 5:37pm
That really sucks....maybe the crown doesn't have enough evidence to charge the mother or the police don't have enough to lay charges.

BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 6:52pm
I always thought he was NOT guilty ...

The police HAD to find a scapegoat for the crime, and unfortunately he was taken down. Poor guy will have to live with this for the rest of his life.

He has a very reputable lawyer, she has gone to lengths to ensure his innocence is proven, she wouldn't have done so if he was guilty of committing this crime.

Unless you're on the jury and have had all the evidence laid out in front of you I say you can't judge. But I definitely think that the mother has a lot to answer for.
Single Mum to a darling wee boy of 3 years :)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Mum2Lucas Mum2Lucas wrote:

The police HAD to find a scapegoat for the crime, and unfortunately he was taken down. Poor guy will have to live with this for the rest of his life.

With all due respect, he was their father and he was there when they were injured. Whether he did it or not, he had a duty of care to those boys and as far as I'm concerned I hope he DOES live with it for the rest of his life, he certainly deserves to.

Originally posted by mum2lucas mum2lucas wrote:

He has a very reputable lawyer, she has gone to lengths to ensure his innocence is proven, she wouldn't have done so if he was guilty of committing this crime.

In theory. But he's on legal aid and you can bet your bottom dollar he wouldn't have gotten such a reputable lawyer were it not such a high profile case. If he had been your average wife beater or drunk he would have got the Duty Solicitor for his first court appearance and been stuck with them. It's always amusing to see the high profile lawyers come out of the woodwork when these big cases come up: Comeskey, Dhyrberg, Harder.... oops no, sorry he got disbarred

Sorry, I am just a bit of a cynic about the whole case...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 7:21pm
Oh and no surprises here that he was found not guilty, reasonable doubt and all, but I am just incredibly sad for those poor wee boys who died for nothing.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 7:29pm
I'm not surprised abot the non-guilty thing either. there was too much circumstantial evidence. however, the thought that they all just walk away....ick. to say the least. but then i suppose if you can do that to a child, you would also be the kind of person to be able to walk away and feel ok.
At school worship we are talking about forgiveness. don't know how people do it in cases like this
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Mum2Lucas Mum2Lucas wrote:

Unless you're on the jury and have had all the evidence laid out in front of you I say you can't judge. But I definitely think that the mother has a lot to answer for.

I definetly agree with that! Once you've served on a jury it really opens your eyes to how the judicial (sp??) system can fall down and fail...whether there he is in part is guilty is irrelvant...the jury's duty is based on what evidence the crown and defense bring...

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 8:36pm
Also it must have been a pretty convincing case for the jury to take 10 mins in deliberations. Now that did surprise me! We took about 8 hours!!!

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 8:44pm

I think the mother did it. It was never proven that the father was even there when they were injured. Yes I think someone  should do time for it for justice for the boys but I dont believe in convicting an innocent man just because he was an easy target. Yes  he has duty of care for his kids but so did the mother not to mention all the adults that were in the house at the time.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Kels Kels wrote:

I think the mother did it. It was never proven that the father was even there when they were injured. Yes I think someone should do time for it for justice for the boys but I dont believe in convicting an innocent man just because he was an easy target. Yes he has duty of care for his kids but so did the mother not to mention all the adults that were in the house at the time.

Nicely put Kels ...and I totally agree with everything you said above.
Single Mum to a darling wee boy of 3 years :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>