FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhow do you know

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
helenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how do you know
    Posted: 26 May 2008 at 10:51am
im not sure if ive got pnd....i just havnt felt myself for along time.I have 3 kids 6mnths,2 and 7 and for a long time have been refusing help from others and get quite distressed when people offer help, im now feeling like i dont want 2 go any where or see anyone and my moods are up and down. One day i feel like im in top of the world then 2 days l8er i feel like evrythng is just 2 hard and i want to run away..i dont whats wrong with me but i do kno i want to feel my same happy self again...im not 2 keen on meds and not even sure if i want to talk 2 a dr about this...what should i do
Sponsored Links

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 11:22am

You need to talk to someone about it.  What you've done today is definitely a good start, admitting that perhaps things aren't quite right for you.

If your partner is supportive perhaps talk to him first.  Tell him what you've written down here, even show him your post.

There is nothing wrong with going to the doctor and having a chat about how you are feeling. Meds aren't for everyone, but it's worth talking your options out with your doctor.

The most important thing is that you need to talk it out.  Start taking up those offers of help. Even if its someone coming over and folding your washing! Or coming over and having a cup of tea.

Being a mum can be a lonely job. For me I find the mornings when Cooper is asleep the hardest. I also find myself craving for adult company, so I'll go out and have a coffee with a friend or even just  got out somewhere.

Take care of yourself, that is the most important thing.

Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 12:27pm
Hi Helen. I feel exactly the same as you. I have decided (as of this week) that I do have a degree of depression, maybe post-natal, but quite possibly due to the huge list of major things that have happened in my life / family over the past few years.

I am at the start of this journey as you are so can't offer any specific tips but can express my understanding.

I am starting several things:
1. herbal treatements to help balance my system / hormones etc.
2. counselling to get some help in gaining perspective.
3. osteo treatment to help with my hormone imbalances from the miscarriages.

I've battled with feeling like you do for nearly 2 years but felt I could get through it as I have always been able to cope with anything. Good on you for speaking up as it took me until now to do so.

Acknowledging your feelings in a great start. Mel's suggestion of surrounding yourself with friends is a great one but in my experience hard to do. They need to know how you are feeling (I'm speaking to myself here too as I've kept it to myself). Sometimes we have to take more initative in arranging to meet people etc and that is hard to do when you feel down. It's like feeling isolated breeds being isolated IYGWIM??

Finally, I don't know how you feel my biggest issue is feeling I should be able to just get perspective and get over it but sometimes we have to give ourselves time and resources to heal.
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
 Post Reply Post Reply