FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHoneychild nappies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
maya22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maya22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 10:22am
No Milk only sell HoneyChild nappies now,
Sponsored Links

Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 10:32am
Ahhh there you go, things change in the time you have a baby.
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 10:33am
You may be able to call the distributor (I think her name is Bonnie?) - www.babystuff.co.nz to see if there is anyone in your area?
McPloppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McPloppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 11:15am
Cheers guys...left me alot to do.    Has anyone used the NEW Fuzzis? I was really happy with the fuzzis of old but became concerned when they became difficult to find also Milk told me they are no longer selling fuzzis due to they are no longer being made in the US but are now being made in China and there has been a decrease in quality. Or that they now source their fabric from China but are still being made in the US. FORget which way round they told me. If there is anyone who has RELIABLE info regarding this please let me know as this is the only thing making me hesitate buying them again and the fact the I could not find one to have a look at an fit.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 11:26am
You could always grab some of the old styled ones on trademe, they are always on there if you are concerned about trying the new ones. Just a thought.
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 11:30am
that's exactly what I was about to suggest, Stacey

The old style Fuzzis are fantastic (I still have all of Caitlin's old smalls and a couple of mediums).

I also have a "third-hand" old style USA made Fuzzi and it is just as good at keeping her dry at night.
maya22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maya22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 11:57am
Oh man Mcploppy - not you too being told untruths and half truths about fuzzis being made in China by Milk - this is the fourth instance I have heard of it. I guess it is a helpful marketing ploy.

Anyhow, Fuzzi pockets are made in the USA, the inserts are made in China. Honeychild are made in NZ, the inserts are made in Korea.

Fuzzi pockets are $31 including inserts, HC are $37 including inserts.

There are a few new style fuzzis on TradeMe, and you can see fuzzis at the Mums and Bubs store in ChCh and buy them online at tweedles, snazzipants and mothers Instinct.

i hope that helps!

Edited for spellos everywhere

Edited by maya22
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 12:29pm
I went to Mums and Bubs today in Chch and was really disappointed in there service - also the only nappies they showed me were "mummys touch (?).

Maya22 are you from chch? you seem very passionate about MCN"s!

McPloppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McPloppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 2:11pm
Thanks for clearing that up for me but I do not want to use secondhand nappies...I think I will phone the mums and bubs store to make sure they have them in stock before going in as I really want to inspect them before buying...perhaps if they get a lot of phone calls they might order them in to have them in stock....hint hint for anyone else in chch wanting fuzzis
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 3:03pm
I wouldn't buy off them purely based on their service! But then I am anal about customer service and don't like spending money at places that don't measure up!

McPloppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McPloppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 4:00pm
I feel the same way about customer service however if it is the only plae in chch that allows me to physicaly inspect them then I really have no other choice as from what I can gather there are no agents in this area selling fuzzis, they just do HC...So if there is an agent for Fuzzis out there in the chch region I am sure we can gather enough interested parties to have a coffee group at my place to see your wares
Would you be interested Peanut?
By the way when little McPloppy was born we always said he looked like a peanut with eyes...lol...love the name
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 4:57pm
Yip, I would be interested!
Thanks about the name!

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 5:36pm
has anyone noticed that the new fuzzy bunz look alot like pea pods?! whats with that...?

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 6:29pm
Nah I don't, the wings look smaller (height wise) and the bottom snap is in a different position.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 6:32pm
yeah but they are square now instead of pointy...

maybe maya22 can explain that one...she seems to know a lot about them!

maya22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maya22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 6:42pm
To be honest I can't see a comparison between the two... there is a lot more about designing a nappy to be original than that, as I am sure many of the WAHMs on this board will tell you.

If you put a peapod next to a fb and give it to someone who knows nothing about cloth nappies, it is unlikely they would confuse the two.

As far as i can tell peapods are aussie designed and have never been sold in the US, I can't see how the market leader and the designers of the first pocket nappy would be interested in copying a low quality low cost product like the peapods..

Oh and I don't know anymore about fuzzis than what is publicly available, I take an interest in companies behaving ethically, which is a subject that comes up on boards like this often.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by maya22 maya22 wrote:

I take an interest in companies behaving ethically, which is a subject that comes up on boards like this often.

do you belong to many other boards then?

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 7:16pm
Susan (?) mentioned TNN before so maybe she's a member there?
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 7:30pm
Ahhh so I get it, you're the nappy police!!
maya22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maya22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by pepsi pepsi wrote:

Ahhh so I get it, you're the nappy police!!

*snort*
Ooookaaaay - do I get a badge to go with that honour

Or is it that I get to slap people on the wrist with a damp prefold?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>