FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNasty Red Stretch Marks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zebra7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebra7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nasty Red Stretch Marks
    Posted: 30 May 2008 at 2:04pm
Okay, so I thought I was totally prepared for the development of stretch marks but have been caught off guard as they seem to have appeared overnight and turns out i'm finding them completely horrifying

Oh ... and this may be TMI ... but I am also horrified to notice that my bellybutton no longer seems to be as central as it once was
Sponsored Links

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 2:09pm
That happened to me too. I was quite smug to have got through the majority of my pregnancy without any (and considering how big I got and how quickly I got big it was pretty amazing). Then one morning *POP* they started appearing.

They do fade though, I irregularly use bioserum, yet mine are still fading away. It's the loss of elasticity I hate.

Funny about the belly button, must be the way your little lass is lying in there.

Edited by MrsMojo
Zebra7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebra7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 2:11pm
Have definitely ramped up the use of my belly oils. Must admit that I had been rather slack there

Maybe my bellybutton was always lop-sided and now it's just more obvious
SarahP08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahP08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 2:17pm
I'm waiting for my belly button to pop out, i check it every day at least once. I never knew the inside of my belly button was bright red though - weird! As far as I can tell its still in the same place, may be you should post a pic Zebra so we can let you know if it looks funny.

No stretch marks yet but am prepared for them as Mum and sister both had them and my sisters were quite bad to start with. I'm a little scared of jelly belly though.

Zebra7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebra7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 2:25pm
Haven't been brave enough to post a pic so far Sarah ... my belly has always been my least favourite body part
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 2:35pm
Sarah shortly after Michaela was born DH did the homer test on my belly (he picked it up then dropped it to see how long it would jiggle for - mean man, pretty funny though).

Be proud of your belly Zebra, pregnancy is the only time for many of us that we'll have tight tummys
SarahP08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahP08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 2:40pm
Heehee that is pretty funny! I can still remember being shocked and horrified to learn that your tummy didn't instantly go back to the way it was before. This was a long time ago, but I'm still hoping...

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 3:24pm
I'm still hoping for mine to go back the way it was before too
LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 5:12pm

My belly button quite often seems to be off centre, MW said its just the way baby is lying, she thinks its funny to see it on the side not in the middle!!!

caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 5:43pm
I never got any stretchmarks, BUT my belly button kind of went off side too
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 10:12pm
That hollow feeling in the tummy the few days after birth is the weirdest/coolest thing ever.
It takes a while for all the organs to slot back into place.

Post Reply Post Reply