FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMaternity pay going up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maternity pay going up
    Posted: 04 June 2008 at 11:55am
I heard this morning that the maternity leave pay is going up from next month from 391 a week to 407 a week.

YAY!! a whole $16 more. I will be rich!!!!

Sponsored Links

IVFGirl1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IVFGirl1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 12:07pm
Where did you hear that? Oh well least its going up not down I guess!
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 12:27pm
It was at Breakfast news (TV1).

Yah I guess so...but when you earn 3 x more now...its a bit hard to digest!! Oh well!

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 12:52pm
Stop complaining Roksana - you can buy a whole block of cheese with that!
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 1:04pm
LOL GInger
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 2:30pm
I dont like cheese...Mah!! LOL

You should complain Ginger ...with your shopping addiction and all.... LOL

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Roksana Roksana wrote:

You should complain Ginger ...with your shopping addiction and all.... LOL

Hmmm ... yes, I know! Funny how a single income deals with *that* little obsession!    I can't even load up on lots of baby stuff because we have to be careful of our budget starting right now!

(How can you not like cheese?? Seriously!!)
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 2:38pm
OK. I have one. $16.00 will pay for enough petrol for you to drive to your letterbox from your house
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 3:08pm
You don't like cheese? Seriously?? Well ok, miore for me and ginger!!! mwahahahahahahaha.

And ginger - I'm sure $16 will go further than the letterbox. At least 2 metres past surely!!!

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 3:54pm
No I am not into Dairy products at all...so I do eat cheese but only if it comes with some thing....burger!!

We dont really buy cheese at home. If we do it sits there and sits there and sits there....LOL

My bad $16 - Tax = Crap all....

Just talking to WINZ and IRD to see what help we would get if I stayed home for longer. Sad to say...but becuase I have a high Salary we will get = $0.00 a week. YAY!!

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 3:58pm

Just talking to WINZ and IRD to see what help we would get if I stayed home for longer. Sad to say...but becuase I have a high Salary we will get = $0.00 a week. YAY!!

but surely if you are home you are not working, therefore earning nothing?!

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 4:00pm

My bad $16 - Tax = Crap all....

Ok so I guess you are only driving to the letterbox huh?

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 4:03pm
and $16 a week is quite a lot really, especially when you work it out as a lump sum.

thats five lots of 2 litre milk ... 16 loaves of $1 bread ...   a couple of packs of mince and maybe some sausages too! a latte and a muffin and maybe a train ride at buttefly creek for your kid!

but not all at once of course...

Edited by Bizzy

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Bizzy Bizzy wrote:

but surely if you are home you are not working, therefore earning nothing?!

Nah they look at your Year income. If I dont work at all for three months (not inc the 14 weeks) then we get $70. And if I work only 20 hours a week (Like I am planning) then we get nothing.

It will be better off that I work from home 20 hours a week and get extra cash. Cant depend on the govt to give me any thing....

Oh well!

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 4:44pm

Originally posted by Bizzy Bizzy wrote:

and $16 a week is quite a lot really, especially when you work it out as a lump sum.

thats five lots of 2 litre milk ... 16 loaves of $1 bread ...   a couple of packs of mince and maybe some sausages too! a latte and a muffin and maybe a train ride at buttefly creek for your kid!

but not all at once of course...

You could buy a lot of lollies for that

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 6:49pm

YAY!! a whole $16 more. I will be rich!!!!

ROFL!!! When I saw your title I must admit that I was expecting a bit more increase than that!
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 10:14am
Originally posted by ginger ginger wrote:

OK. I have one. $16.00 will pay for enough petrol for you to drive to your letterbox from your house

LMFAO!!! ...or cry bcos its true! lol
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 5:18pm
I heard a rumour that Labour are going to make PPL for 6 months, up from 14 weeks. No doubt too late for me (whinge moan).

But yes, that $16 will be good to pay for my newly acquired chocolate habit
Mum to two wee boys
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Flissty Flissty wrote:

I heard a rumour that Labour are going to make PPL for 6 months, up from 14 weeks. No doubt too late for me (whinge moan).

But yes, that $16 will be good to pay for my newly acquired chocolate habit

when when please say before dec 08....pleeeeaaassseee!!

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 7:32pm
The budget has already come out this year, which means it probably won't come into effect until at least May 09 (next budget) - sorry! Will be interesting to see if it becomes an election issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>