FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGirls who are trying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 53>
Author
Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 11:42am
Oh, and I used a 'Discover' test which apparently is good for 4 days before AF ...so I think it's pretty reliable.
Sponsored Links

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 12:10pm
Sorry Simonne, its so easy to misunderstand each other when all we do is type! I'm glad I didn't upset you... was worried I'd put my foot in it again!

You are TTC #1, right? You might be like me and show late... With Josiah, I did a test on the Wednesday, negative. Did another on the Thursday (yes, next day!), positive! This was when my period was 2 weeks late, by then. I did a test last month, a couple of weeks after my weird period, which was negative, so I must have been a day or two too early.

Edited by becca.l
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 12:37pm
Thanks for that Becca. I guess the trick is to wait and see. I think I'd probably fall off my chair if I was though Its a bit rough having to be patient ...I'm a red-head and an Aires ...not a good combination for patience!!
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 12:54pm
It is entirley possible you culd be pregnant and equally so it is entirley possible the stress of trying to get pregnant could be making you wacko...I know it did for me!

If you can wait for a couple of days past your due date that is ideal, and can save you a small fortune on tests (*ahem* speaking from experience)...

It is almost impossible to relax though and I hated people telling me too...the annoying part was that when we gave up, accepted that we were going for fertility treatment (yes our doc had turned up a small problem) we got pregnant. *sigh*

Good luck babe!!!!

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 1:39pm
Yeh sometimes some women are slower with the HCG developing. For instance i had a beta of 270 and when i tested using just a normal pharmacy test the line was barely there but i could swear i wasnt seeing things lol

Good luck chicka

CONGRATS BECCA!!!! YAY!!!
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 1:48pm
Yes, good luck Simonne!

Thanks Jess! Maybe I'll be buying some of your bodysuits sooner than I expected!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
shelleybean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelleybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 1:54pm
All the best Simonne

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 1:57pm
simonne, with jack i tested the day before AF was due (an aries also, no patience) and it was negative. waited 2wks cos i just 'forgot' about it and was positive.
not that i want to get your hopes up or anything, but just don't give up yet
both times i've used the first response tests from the supermarket without probs and they are only $12/2 tests or $7 for one.

Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2006 at 2:15pm
Thanks everyone
Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 8:24am
Hi everyone,

AF arrived last night ...and I'm not trying to be silly, but I actually think it may have been a very early miscarriage. My body has gone completely nuts, and AF has never been like this for me (and I'm quite used to weird and unpleasant AF visits). Apart from all the very odd things that happened leading up to, nothing about it is normal (for me) either. Temps have taken a nice sharp plop this morning though, so my chart for last month looks excellent (in terms of being an ovulatory chart) which I'm glad about. Bring on cycle 10!

Oh, and for a laugh ...this comment came from my husband this morning, who floated the idea of an early miscarriage ... "Well ...that's typical isn't it? The boys finally do something, and it's the drunk one who scores the goal!" Gotta love him!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 9:05am
oh simonne i'm sorry at least your charts are looking good and your hubby.......what a darling!

Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 9:20am
Thanks so much Jack's Mum. What I'm not sure about is whether I should go to the doctor, just to have it noted, in case. It seems a bit silly, but I really have no idea. What do you/anyone else think? I'm a bit away with the fairies today! Can't concentrate no matter what I do

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 9:25am
i think i would go to the doctor, just to be on the safe side. then you maybe able to know for sure if it was a miscarriage.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 9:35am
LMAO at the drunk swimmers - that would be a good way to explain my M/C probably too...

If it makes you feel better then go see your doc, but unfortunately there is unlikely to be any way that he/she can confirm whether or not you have had an early miscarriage. A blood test will tell them whether any hCG remains in your system, but the fact that you tested negative yesterday suggests that there isn't, and that would be the only way they could know for certain. Very early miscarriages are almost always complication-free so I wouldn't worry about that side of things.
Also - some people believe you are more fertile after a m/c - I know I was! - so you might find that this actually HELPS you get pregnant!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 10:25am
Hey again Jack's Mum and Emma,

(Yes, the husband is priceless!)

I've been in touch with my doctor, and we went through what happened, the pre-bleeding symptoms, the bleeding, all the gory stuff, and she basically said that it is most likely but that Emma is quite right, there is no way to tell, and to be a disgusting, I didn't keep any of the stuff I lost either. Apparently things just run their course and your body takes care of itself ...I am just to watch for any signs of infection.

Goodness! What a way to start the day! Fingers, toes, eyes, legs (oh, not legs, that wouldn't be helpful)and arms crossed for this cycle!
Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 10:26am
I'd quite happily give my boobs away though ...holy hell!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 10:53am
So would I atm

But like I said, I was superfertile after my M/C so here's hoping the same for you!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 1:13pm
sending lots of baby dust your way simonne

Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 1:53pm
Thanks! I'll stick the baby dust in my pockets, and hopefully Emma's right!

I don't think I've ever felt this bizzare in my life - I feel so completely strange...I don't think I could explain it if I tried!
bonz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 3:40pm
Hi ya, I am sitting here reading all these replies and had to laugh at all us Aries ladies who are so impatient. I can totally relate! This month hubby has told me to wait and see if i miss my period but now that I have found out about the tests you can do early I am not sure I will be able to cope! LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 53>