FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSouth Akl and horrid news

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: South Akl and horrid news
    Posted: 17 June 2008 at 11:07am
OK so I am sick and tired of hearing all these bad things that are going on in Sth akl.

Riverton drive is just around the corner from our place and I didnt even know there was a liqure store there. How horrible to see the poor wife with three little children left alone. Mortgage and no Insurance pay out. They had a march on the area (I could drive back to my house as police closed our rd). The fact that police acted so late was just so sickening!!

Then an old woman attacked at Saralee (which is also 2min drive from us) and this is alfriston considered to be good area with nice houses etc.

And then robery at Manurewa bar and now woman killed over a handbag in Manukau Mall.

What the hell is going on?? I am sooooo mad. I live in Sth Akl and even tho it has a bad image the part we lived in was always nice and safe with kids running around with out fear.....Arrrgggg

What the hell is police doing?? (Can you tell I am mad)

Sponsored Links

NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 12:17pm
I am so glad I moved out of Manurewa !!

it's so much quieter here in Gisborne but it still breaks my heart to see south auckland falling to bits and I really hope that one day I dont see one of my friends or family on the news.

Its just totally horrific

Edited by NeoshasMummy

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 12:25pm
I don't think the blame can get put solely onto the cops, they are doing everything they can, it's not their fault that these sick f8cks are getting their rocks off by hurting innocent woman and men.

Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by .Mel .Mel wrote:

I don't think the blame can get put solely onto the cops, they are doing everything they can, it's not their fault that these sick f8cks are getting their rocks off by hurting innocent woman and men.

Agreed!

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 12:40pm
I pushed post reply before I meant to, junior woke up.

A few other things that I feel about this.

The cops should be commended for how quickly they found the killers of the liquor shop guy... ok they stuffed up holding back the paramedics etc. Overall they did a good job finding the killers.

I also feel that the cops should perhaps look to the LA cops for help in combatting the gangs in Sth Auckland.

The residents need to be more vigilant and keep themselves and their families safe, the cops need to have more patrols...etc

The thing is, the cops aren't physic, they have no idea when or where the next crime is going to hit, its very sad and unfortunate for everyone that these crimes have happened so close together...and people haven't survived.

Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by .Mel .Mel wrote:

I also feel that the cops should perhaps look to the LA cops for help in combatting the gangs in Sth Auckland.

I agree...I think US police are doing a good job considering how bad it is there.

I agree that Police are not Psychic but you know what peeves me off. I saw at least two unmarked police cars yesterday in Manurewa with the ray guns trying to catch speeding...COME ON!! Speed is an issue but def not as big as doing rounds in the area to see what gangs are upto...surely

Edited by Roksana

Cassie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 3:20pm
It can be hard for the cops sometimes, I used to work for the police, taking emergency calls and the number of cops who go out to jobs only to have no one answering their questions, people deny there was a problem in the first place or just flat our refuse to give any information is amazing. It can be pretty frustrating when you are trying to do things and the people who need the help/asked for help in the first place aren't giving them a chance to do their job effectively. Policing tends to work best when the police and the community work together so maybe there needs to be more of that.
Yes there are times that there are stuff ups, cops are human too, they have red tape to deal with as well which can also mean they don't do the job as effectively as we all might like.
I'm totally not defending them all, or saying that there doesn't need to be some changes, but the reality is that the average cop on the street isn't the one who makes the rules, and people hating on them makes it much harder for them to do their jobs.
I feel for them, it's a very thankless job most of the time (i really noticed that when taking calls, doesn't matter how nice or helpful you are people can be totally ungrateful even when you are working your butt off for them). Sometimes I think we're lucky that anyone even wants to be a police officer these days, it's not an easy job.
~Cassie~
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 3:30pm
Look I have no probs with Police...hardly have any thing to do with them so I think most of the time they are doing what they need to.

But what pissed me off yesterday was that there were two sitting there trying to catch speedsters....I am sure they are doing what they are told so I guess what I am saying is what are the top Dogs doing?? I so dont blame the police men who are on the field...well most of the time they are just doing their job.

I also think it was amazing how quickly they caught them...but then I have a problem with NZ Justice system..I wont be at all surprised that those scum get off lightly. I bloody hope not.

I love justice system in US, They have life in prison which means life...not 12 years or what ever...and for the scum of all scum the y have the death penalty.

I think if we were tougher on the criminals ppl would think twice before commiting a crime.

Ok I am all worked up on this...thats why I didnt wanna post it when it happened but now with the Manukau Incident and ppl saying to me "OH You live in Sth Akl"...just is a bit too much!!!

AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 4:02pm
Roksana, don't heaps more people die per year (in NZ) from car accidents related to speeding, than murder? There were probably others out doing rounds, and they do need to discourage bad driving too!

Just adding an alternative point of view... you sound like you're getting a bit stressed out about it.

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by AliaDawn AliaDawn wrote:

Roksana, don't heaps more people die per year (in NZ) from car accidents related to speeding, than murder? There were probably others out doing rounds, and they do need to discourage bad driving too!

Just adding an alternative point of view... you sound like you're getting a bit stressed out about it.

I agree.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 4:30pm
yah may be I am.......

Its just too close to home....and when you are wrapped out with these you cant see past your feeling at the time!!

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 4:49pm
You are only worried because everything has happened so close to you. Theres nothing wrong with that.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 4:56pm

Roksana, coming from there I do understad what you mean

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 5:07pm
I know what you mean

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 6:17pm

It is sooo scarey to turn on the news these days, you never know how many people have been murdered!

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 7:51pm
IMO the cops are the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff. They have a tough job and they take a lot of criticism. The rot sits much deeper in the ingrained culture of poverty, domestic violence, and substance abuse that has developed, and from that of course comes gangs and random violence.

IMO the issues need to be addressed at the roots - with the kids in primary school - so that the cycle can be broken.

I find the govts idea of restricting the number of liquor outlets in a given area interesting, I can't see what difference it will make. People who want alcohol will travel to get it if need be.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Maya Maya wrote:

I find the govts idea of restricting the number of liquor outlets in a given area interesting, I can't see what difference it will make. People who want alcohol will travel to get it if need be.

That's interesting Emma, hadn't heard that one.. hmm. Maybe if there was less outlets, they're more likely to prevent underage people buying, because they can't just go to another if they fail? That's about all I can think of right now... not exactly foolproof The same thing with drunk people.... and I guess if there's a limited number, the outlets would have to play right up to standards to keep in one of those few.

Edited by AliaDawn

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 8:18pm
I don't understand their thinking behind the liquor outlets either, they'll just drive further or go to the supermarket (ok they can't get spirits).
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 12:19pm
yah and will get more pissed off for having to drive that far to get it...

I agree this is a social problem and it needs to be addressed. I read that the two brother who killed the LS Guy were sons of a reverent (Sp??) Imagine..their father God fearing..and sons going around murdering for booze......

kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 8:03pm

It is sad what has been going on in Sth Auckland in the last couple of weeks. I also live in Sth Auckland in Manurewa but I am glad we live in a very good area or I don't think I couldn't live here.

Dh and I were talking about the lady in Manukau mall and said it was partly her fault by running after them and jumping on their car you don't provoke these scums as you don't know what they capable of I would just drive off and leave them to it but nevertheless it was very sad what happen to her.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>