FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedshe wont do No2s in the loo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: she wont do No2s in the loo
    Posted: 22 June 2008 at 1:22pm
I posted this in the toddlers thread but had no takers so thought I re-post it here and see if any of you ladies can suggest anything
Cailin has been toliet trained now for a good 4 months and she is great...BUT we still have not managed to get No 2s anywhere near the toliet.
Usually she just poos in her knickers or sometimes waits until her night nappy is on. She says she is not scaired of going to the toliet to do poos and often runs to the toilet to try but then comes out 2 secs later saying no poos. Then 1 min later there is a wopping poo in her knickers grrrrrr
we have tried offering her stickers or stamps if she goes to the loo but nothing like that seems to work...do i just wait until she gets it or is there anything else i could be trying
thanks girls

Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 2:15pm
my older boy would always wait till he had his night nappy on... so we stopped putting it on till a bit later and made him sit on the toilet before we put it on. it took about a week or so before he did one on the toilet ut then after that it was all on and the rule about toilet before bed still stood.

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 9:05pm
jake told me he didn't like the splash...but one day, he just did it. no suggestions. sorry

but when he did poo on the floor, i made him clean it up with me and we talked baout how we all do poos on the toilet
CaseysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaseysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 6:37pm
We've been going through this for 6 months and I have no suggestions

I have been told that one day she'll just start doing it one day when she's ready but I'm still waiting
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 10:49pm
I have the same thing with my DD.....The wonderful mums on here just told me to be patient!! Sorry no help as I am going thru the same thing!!

I am sure one day they will just do it in the toilet!!

SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 9:38am
Honestly just wait it out. I have heard of so many kids doing this and a year and a half later they just do it on their own.

McKayla does the same. And then now an then she tells me potty. I have had it twice this month that she didnt wait for her nighttime nappy and actually went in the potty and I thought Eureka we made a breakthrough.

Ha next day we were back in nappies and when I saw her pushing asking her if she wants to do it in the potty.

Her words: NO NOOOO poopoo in potty. NOMORE NO MORE.

caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 1:03pm
Ok , I havent ever mentioned this on this forum (or any for that matter ) My daughter is six , and she still soils her knickers.
She went to the toilet a couple of times when i toilet trained her, and then , she would run and hide and do it in her room, or wherever , I thought, "oh its just a phase , she'll grow out of it , no such luck ,I thought kindy might make her decide to be a big girl , she is , in everyway but that.
And don't think i havent tried anything, i have done sticker charts, star charts, i have taken her to the GP , shes had an xray done to check for constipation , and just last wednesday morning , we went for her second visit with the pediatric nurse at manukau superclinic.
Basically what C suffers from is what they call "sneaky poo syndrome ",where the bum isnt telling the brain it needs to go to the toilet and like an ostrich you stick your head in the sand and ignore it , shes not doing it on purpose , shes just got to a point where she cant .
And all i can do is keep up with the sticker charts , and praising her when she does it etc.
Its very difficult, and IM ashamed of it, im not ashamed of her, im ashamed that im that bad a mother that my daughter still soils her knickers, at her age, and its everyday , btw , not just once or twice a week .

So if you can at least make sure she knows the toilet isnt scary, just in case, and get her to try sitting on it a couple of times a day , it might be a good idea, id hate for anyone else to go through this
Helen21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 2:47pm
Caitlynsmygirl I'm so sad to hear you say you are ashamed that you were a bad mum. You certainly are not a bad mother, you sound like you have done everything you can to help the situation, it sounds like it's just one of those things that takes time.

I don't have any advice but my daughter(2&1/2) is scared of going on the toilet to do anything so I had to buy a potty because she didn't like going in her nappy. As awful as reverting to using a potty is maybe a potty for no.2's might work, it would stop the splash factor at least.

Chloe 12/7/03
Miya 5/11/05

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 9:12pm
Thankyou Helen21, thats really nice of you to say , i just wish i had some magic way of making her feel ok about the toilet, I thought once she got to school it would change , kids are forgiving at 6 ,but im really worrying now that she wont have got out of the habit at 7, when kids start being a little crueler
Helen21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 2:38pm
This sounds really extreme but have you thought about some sort of counseling for her? Its amazing what some of those people can do with the child really understanding that it's anything more than "one of mummy's friends" talking to her.

Chloe 12/7/03
Miya 5/11/05
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 4:22pm
I would perhaps take her to a play therapist. Just to see if they can help perhaps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 7:29pm
yeah the lady at the superclinic is sending a referral to a child psychologist at some other place (starts with W i think )
Im willing to try anything !
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 1:47pm
I am sure it is nothing too serious. Hope you guys come to the bottom of this.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 12:14am
Originally posted by SMoody SMoody wrote:

Hope you guys come to the bottom of this.

haha , was that a pun ?
 Post Reply Post Reply