FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe rundown of Clomid..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The rundown of Clomid..
    Posted: 22 June 2008 at 10:44pm
Hi all,

Haven't posted in here in a while. A bit of background:

Jack was a wee miracle baby who I somehow got pg with while waiting to begin Clomid (got the BFP the day before I was due to begin treatment). I've never had proper cycles so it was the biggest, most wonderful surprise ever.

Anyway, we are TTC again in a couple of months but we will pretty much go on fert drugs straight away as my PCOS, endo (used to be only minor) and prostratic glandular uterine contractions (blood supply cut to the uterus) have flared up heaps worse so there's little chance (but still a chance ) I'll get pg on my own.

We would love a girl, but if we have another boy I will be equally stoked (I just want a healthy baby afterall). My questions are regarding Provera and Clomid:

On clomid, is there pretty much a set time you will Ov (seeing as you take the drugs at a set time in your cycle)?

Has anyone tried for a certain gender while on clomid/provera and how did it go?

And lastly, (so I can save now!): How much did your dugs cost each cycle?

TIA.

PS I know there are people in here that would just be happy to have one baby, so just to let you know I'm not specifically doing gender-selection sort of stuff, but am going to give it my best shot as that's what personally DH and I would like to do but want either a boy or girl (doesn't matter at the end of the day - but pref. not twins lol)
Sponsored Links

catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 8:38am
Hi Emma

I've had 4 rounds of clomid, 3 of them as part of IUI. I ovulate fairly regularly, so the clomid has been more to increase the number of follicles, as my DH has a low sperm count and cos I'm getting old there is some risk of poorer quality eggs.
The cost for the clomid itself is minimal - $15 for 3 months supply. I think the cost for monitoring is around $200, but I'm not sure about that - we pay $750 per cycle which includes all monitoring, some additional drugs (e.g. trigger injection if required)and the IUI.
I think ovulation can still vary a little. I've had monitoring via blood tests and scans to ensure the IUI is done on the right day (and once a trigger injection as well).
I don't know anything about provera, sorry, but I don't think the drugs have any impact on gender (don't see how they could anyway). I have heard, though, that people with fert probs are more likely to have girls becuase girl sperm/foetuses are stronger. In saying that, of the people i know who've had fert treatment, there've been slightly more boys.
hope this helps, and good luck.

monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 11:27am
clomid has had no effect on my OV time. looks like this cycle it was CD 20. i took provera after not having proper AF for about 12 months and it started pretty quickly and finished in the same amount of time as it did when i was a teen. depending on who you go through determines treatement and monitoring. we paid $105 for first consultation (private) and have not paid anything else since and have had regular fone calls, scans and bloods written out (had to pay for actual blood tests) as far as i know there is no tendency toward any sex that isnt the same as normal tricks and secrets. hope this helps. if i can think of anything else ill add it in

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 12:16pm
Cool thanks. Yeah I don't want to waste our goes on clomid just chancing when ov is etc

My appts with my spec are $150 (think they have gone up to $200 though) but with free bloods. Everyone thinks we'll have another boy so I've decided to try and prove them wrong! But Jack would be happy with a little brother I bet.

Looking back at my chart from when I conceived Jack, I was on something like CD33 when I Ov'd but the cycle I had before that I didn't Ov (no pain) and I never have before that either so it's all up the wop really
CherryBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 12:04am
If femzone doesnt work for me i may try clomid if docters agree, could some1 explain how it works to me and is it true docters have to induce a period before using it?
 Post Reply Post Reply