FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSwelling and Bleeding Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swelling and Bleeding Question
    Posted: 01 July 2008 at 10:46am
How long did it take for your swelling so go down? My wound is really clean and not inflammed or anything but above it is kinda puffy and hard, and its feels bruised
So I was just wondering how long this usually lasts for? It sucks

And also, what sort of bleeding did you have after your c sections?

Sponsored Links

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 11:22am
Hi Sheena, Congrats again o your beautiful baby boy!!

Well I can remember the surrounding area being a bit tender...but I have fatty bits that hide my scar so cant remember having it puffy as such. But It shouldnt last longer than a couple of weeks. Actually the stiches came out in day 5 for me and I felt almost normal after. If you are concerned show it to your MW when she is around next time!

As for bleeding, I had a mild period like bleed for a week and half and then light bleeding for a week and spotting for another week or so. I think I had blood for almost 40 days after baby!

But every one is different.

Take care

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 11:49am
Yeah Ive had light period like bleeding, some heavier than other times but never enough to fill a pad at all, I just change in regulary for hygiene, I had a small clot come out in the shower aswell but no heavy bleeding afterwards so Im assuming thats ok. I havent got any weird pains or anything no cramping, I feel fine except the wound is just tender a swollen above the scar, I had my stiches out On Sunday and my mw said it looks great.

Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 12:50pm
My scar was kind of pursed for about a month.. I had disolvable stitches and it didn't take long for them to go.
It's still numb and sometimes gets really itchy in the lower abdo region even 8 months on.

As for bleeding, I bled in total for about a month but the first week was the worst [:xx]...no cramping or anything though thankfully

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 1:01pm
Sheena - Sounds normal to me (bleeding that is)...the clots are nothing to worry about, its just body getting rid of bits.....and there shouldnt be any cramps...not like a normal period pain. I was told that bleeding is much lighter after C Section as the placenta didnt come out of that way....Sorry TMI.

If the puffyness doesnt go away soon then show it to your MW again. But I Imagine with child birth, stretching etc...it would be a bit brused.....

Take care and keep us posted!

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 1:20pm
Sheena it took me about 6 weeks to come right totally. My tummy was all purple where they cut me, I had masive bruising and I was so sore. My stitches were also disolving ones. I can still feel lumps and hard bits in my tummy by my scar which I assume is scar tissue now. You can hardly even see my scar now, its about 2 and half inches long and is a thin pink line!! You will barely notice it in a few months!

As for the bleeing, some days I could only wear a liner as the bleeding was so light, other days I had massive clots and was flooding. It varied so much day to day for me. I wore a line till about 6 weeks after my c section.

Congrats on your baby boy too!
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 2:32pm
I had swelling and puckering for 4 to 6 weeks but as you say so long as it isn't inflamed or infected looking you'll be fine.

I had quite heavy bleeding then it tapered off to nothing and then it came back really heavily for two days. Everyone is different though. I had cramps as well but they may have been afterbirth pains.

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 3:16pm
Hey Sheena, my bruising was really bad afterwards (was bruised below and above the incision upto my belly button and from hip to hip), so much so that they got the doc to check me out before i left the hospital, it took a good 2 weeks if not a little longer for the bruising to completely go, some of the bruises were so bad they were red raised lumps the size of golf balls. (I tend to bruise very easily). Nothing was infected though and each day it got a little better so midwife was happy that it was healing well and by 4 weeks I was all good.
My bleeding was heavy for the first 5 days and then became like a light period and I stopped needing to use pads by around day 10 which seemed quite early to me but midwife was happy that all was good.
Just take it really easy and even if you do feel better before the six weeks is up still take it easy as things are still repairing.

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 4:51pm
i can't remember what my cut was like....couldn't really see it because of my belly flap

but i bled for about a mth after with both kids. the more you do in a day, the heavier the bleeding will be. so if you find yourself bleeding more than the day before, have a quiet day.

2bmumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bmumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 1:36pm
The first wto c-sections healed within a couple of weeks to the point that I was back our walking 5km a day. I bleed on and off for about 6 weeks, the more I did the heavier it got, it would go completely for a few days then come back again for a couple of days. This 3 rd c-section I have the solid lump about an inch either side and right across my insertion line. I also got period like cramps which again seemed to go with the more I did and even if I wore pants that sat in the wrong place. I've had two infections with this c-section, the first at 2wks was obvious in ways that it was red and puffy on the outside. The 2nd at 5wks I swelled up huge inside the whole length of my insertion line but an inche above it. Very very tender and fever like symptons, but without the red outside was harder to diagnose, however the antibioics helped so must have been.
Sara

Corban (22/11/04)
Connor (18/04/06)
Chelsea (21/05/08)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 2:46pm
Oh cool sounds like mine is totally fine then. Its just tender and a bit puffy. Its not inflammed or anything just a teeny bit pink on the side my midwife pulled the stich out cos i had them bead things.
I also have the pain from my hips aswell, so im glad Im not the only one!
I guess it takes time to come right, I just cant wait to not be sore anymore!

Post Reply Post Reply