FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in March 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 727728729730731 733>
Author
BerryBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BerryBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:11pm
Super quiet in here

I have 3 sickish children at the moment, they have very hacking coughs and sore throats, runny noses etc, Jaron and me seem fine for the time being.

My life is pettty exciting right now

Hope everyone is healthy and happy

DD 1999
DS 2003
DS 2006
DD 2009
Sponsored Links

Richtea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richtea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 1:07pm
My life isn't that exciting, just nothing really exciting to say! We are all just plodding along. My mum arrives from the uk next Sunday so that is exciting

Manda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 1:18pm
Has been super quiet, i have now finished work and awaiting a baby! lol Yet another hospital appt this week, hopefully something will come of it!!!! Im excited about having my little boy but also sh*t scared!

salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 1:43pm
Wow Manda reminds me of when I was about to have Samantha with my week being full with midwife and obstetritian appointments. Let us know how your appointment goes!
Oh Ali keep us updated it is exciting so nice for you to be happy again! Tell us about him what does he do? etc
Another cold grey day here, Im soooo lazy Samantha is at day care today and Im home surrounded by mess and do you think I can get off the laptop and do some cleaning? Really need to get off my bum! Arrrg where is the motivation! We have all been hit with colds too.

princesspumpkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesspumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 2:08pm
Hello!! I'm still here, just have nothing interesting to report Ali - I want to hear about your exciting life though!!!

Sitting here trying to rewrite hubby's cv, I don't like the sentence structure, it sounds more like a list of what he does than an ad for how awesome he is. Go figure I was having a fidget with it this morning & his boss mysteriously turned up at home to ask me to price out new curtains Thankfully he's as blind as a bat so wouldn't have had a chance of seeing what I was doing!

Good luck for your hospital appointment, Manda! You're so close now!

Had a dumb earthquake an hour or so ago, yuck...poor Jarvis was nearly asleep, and got thrown into the side railing of his bed! He was very upset about his bed throwing him around!
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 3:43pm
I'm here too! Nothing exciting to say either. Had a pretty crazy weekend with DH being not very nice to me or Austin. But he's taken today off work to work on his issues as he's realised he has a problem (hmm I could have told him that). He's been good so far today so hope it lasts as not sure how much longer I could put up with it... At least he's nice to Chelsea, but I do wish he wouldn't tell her mean things about me or her brother as she's at that age where she repeats things. Anyway, am working on getting him to bond with Austin. This morning I expressed 100ml of milk then Chelsea and I went to the supermarket, and he stayed home with baby boy and they had a nice time. Lucky he drank from the bottle happily! And this afternoon he's taken Chelsea for a walk to the park. Austin's snoozing on the couch after a nice big feed hehe (got a cute pic of him looking at me while feeding, gonna put it in the photo gallery after posting here).

Hope your 3 sick kids get better soon Ali, and that you and Jaron don't get it! Can't wait to hear more about your new man too hehe

Awesome to have your mum coming over Hannah! Will this be the first time she's met Beth as well as Jess?

Eep Manda exciting about having your new lil boy soon!!! Have you guys picked out a name yet? I'll forgive you if it's a secret though I know what you mean about being scared too hehe.

Ooh Kathleen is your hubby looking for a new job? Glad his boss didn't see you doing his cv!! Scary about the earthquake

Well better go tidy up a bit. DH is putting in a big effort to be nice so I should probably make an effort with the housework too. Catch you all later!
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

ange221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ange221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 3:59pm
kathleen - wow, that earthquake was a 5.5 - we'd be diving under doorways here! Anything over 4.8 sucks!

Rachel - great photo. He has the "can't you see i'm busy here" look on his face. Hope your DH improves. I think men in general find it harder to bond with little babies. They often feel left out because there's not a lot they can do apart from changing and bathing.

Ali - glad things are working out for you. Does he have any kids of his own?

My house is a total tip today. I just can't be bothered cleaning it up. How sad is that.

DP got me earrings for my birthday which is really nice but he has failed to notice that in the three years we've been together, I've never actually worn earrings. Told him he must have been thinking of someone else when he brought them lol.

BBL - kids climbing the shelves in the pantry
4monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 4:24pm
I can't be bothered cleaning today either. Instead I've sat on the computer all day editing and uploading photos to print to update my hard-copy album (which hasn't been done for over a year now!) So a productive day, just not visibly so!!!

Ali - I'm so glad you're happy! Sux about the sick kids though. Hope they get better soon and don't pass it on to you and Jaron.

Rach - is your DH going to go back on his meds? He has no right to treat you or the kids in the way he is (and that includes telling Chelsea horrible things) He needs to sort his cr@p out ASAP. Otherwise you bring those babies of yours and come stay with me for a while!! (and I mean that btw)

Manda - hope baby boy arrives soon!!! Can't wait!!!!

Edited by Gaudjen
sarahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 5:17pm
Keep meaning to post then get distracted O dear Floyd just walked in eating a kiwifruit skin and all, took the skin off and diced it up, now he wont touch it, typical!!

Just as well DP and I arent actively TTC, my cycles are all over the place went off the pill a few months ago and so far have had 22day, 28 days, 26 days, 27 days and this cycle was 34 days!! (was actually kinda bummed when the test was -ve) AF decided to arrived at 4am with lots of cramps, Floyd was wide awake from 3.30-4.30 so feeling ratehr tired today. Just when i think his sleep is sorted it goes out the window, hes back to wanting us to sit in his room till he falls asleep. i woke him after 3 hrs today, prob shouldnt have let him sleep so long but was after 8.30 when he went to sleep last night, then awake for an hour (was horrible he was just laying there awake whimpering and saying no nigh nigh -ended up rocking him off) he was then up for the day at 6.45.

Good luck Manda, cant wait to hear your news!!
Manda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 6:39pm
Thanks girls, hopefully this week they will decide to give me an emergency cs! Its needed now i think. We have got a name Rachel but will have to wait for that one. I dont really talk to the June girls alot, so i will have to get DP to update FB when hes born, or i can text you Hannah, still have your number.

Rachel i really hope DH starts to sort himself out soon, not fair on you at all. Def get away for a bit if you need to!

Hopefully your cycles will come right soon Sarah.

Anyone heard or got the Jadelle? Im thinking about getting it done whe i have my cs, need to decide asap though!

Def good to hear you are happy Ali!

Think Angus is happy to be home... Although hes so interested in everything, its what are you doing mummy? Or mummy whats this? Whats it for... Ahh the fun!

salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 7:40pm
Rachel I agree with the others, I think your DH needs professional help I dont think he can sort his issues by himself and its you guys that suffer. I know it must be hard to even 'go there' with him. You know we all care for you and the kids
Oh manda what makes you think you need an emergency c section now? Good luck for your appointment!
Sarah - My cycles ranged anywhere from 30-35 days and I still got UTD without charting so hopefully wont have too much effect when you TTC. Hope they get a bit more regular though.
Glad Im not the only one who couldnt be bothered cleaning today lol.
Am soooo annoyed daycare found a little ring worm on Samantha's outer butt cheek so she is banned from daycare until it clears. HAve no idea where she got it from our cats are clear and DH and I handle the cats more than her and we are clear. Typical that this week is the week Sam was to start going 3 days so I will have to pay for the 3 days

Manda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 8:22pm
Salz the excess fluid i have is pushing on my cs scar and its really thin they said its possible it will rupture, hence they are keeping a close eye on it. Today it is just burning, they told me to check the scar regularly, its a bit hard, as i can hardly even feel the dam thing, if its still burning in the morning i will ring mw. They are just trying to hold off for now to let him grow more and its safer for him. Which im all for, but slowly getting over it.

And yes i agree we def care about you and the kids Rachel!

Bummer about Sam to, such a pain when stuff like that happens, daycare cost so dam much!!!

Edited by Manda08

salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 8:37pm
Manda - Oh right, that burning sensation is certainly what I had when I just had my c-section, so must be pressure there for you to be feeling it again. not nice, no wonder why you are over it.

whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 9:09pm
Manda, hope that C-Section happens for you this week. Yay for getting to 37 weeks! Do the docs want to get closer to the 38 week mark? Anyone want to predict a weight? I'm going for 8lb 10oz.

Rachel, sounds like Greg needs to go back on his meds, and maybe get some more help with dealing with his issues. So not fair to be saying nasty things to Chelsea about you, and sounds like he really does need to bond with Austin.

Ali, hope the kids are feeling better quick. Hope you don't get it too! And yes, we need another catchup!

Sarah, Floyd sounds like Campbell - he prefers to eat whole fruit, skin and all, as well! Kiwifruit, feijoas ... Hope he sleeps better for you tonight. If you're keen to make the effort, charting can really help you figure out where your cycles are at. Vitex might also help regulate your cycles too. Good luck, even though you're not actively TTC yet, its good to know more about your cycles so that when you are, you know the best times to get busy!

Salz, my due date based on my LMP is 13th Jan. Funny, even though I was charting, I had a funny month of temps, thanks to a cold, and being away over Easter, so FF could not make up his mind on the ovulation date - but probably either CD15 or CD17. In the grand scheme of things, that's only a difference of 3 days at the most though, and the due date is only an approximation anyway! Especially if this one decides to arrive early like Master Campbell! I'm keen to get an early scan if I can, mainly for the peace of mind that bubs is still there and has a heartbeat.

Can't believe I did it, but I biked the Ohakune Old Coach Road (like a mini rail trail) yesterday with my MIL! First time on the bike in probably more than 2 years, very unfit, and 7 weeks preg! It was meant to be about 2 hours, but with my lack of speed and all the photo stops, it took us nearly 4 hours! Boy did I crash when we got home! My poor butt and inner thighs are still very sore today!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesspumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 8:08am
Morning!!

Rach - glad DH is trying to deal with his problems - I agree with the other girls though, he sounds like he needs some proper help. People often think they can fix their own depression - when I was getting help when I was depressed I always kept it in mind that if I had a broken leg I wouldn't try to fix it myself, and this was no different! Good luck hun Hope you're enjoying that delicious little boy of yours despite the grumpy husband!

Funny about the earrings, Ange! Yep, that earthquake wasn't very fun at all. I'd love to live somewhere the ground doesn't bl00dy shake! We had one the night before, only a wee one, but it still had me standing up ready to run! (whilst hubby was sitting at the computer & didn't notice it at all!).

GJen - I can never be bothered cleaning!! One day I'm going to have a magic genie who does it for me (I'd be too embarrassed about the mess to have a human cleaner, it'd totally have to be a genie or an elf or something...)

Sarah - I agree with WW, maybe give some vitex a go Might just help your cycles get sorted out, I know it helped me when I came off depo. Exciting that the pill's gone out the window! I found red clover to be really helpful too, but if you're using them together you only need one cup of red clover tea a day.

Ooooh Manda - exciting stuff!! I hope your scar isn't too sore, and that they decide to get that little dude out soon! I had a couple of friends in oz with Jadelles, and they said they were really brilliant.

Eeek bout the ringworm, Salz! Hope it clears up quickly

WWJen - whoa, what a bike ride! You're awesome! I can't even haul myself out for a walk at the moment, I have a cold & just can't be bothered!

Music this morning, I imagine Jarvis will still be dressed as pirate bikeriding eskimo boy by then. It'll give everyone a laugh, anyhow! He's wearing his pj pants, a puffy jacket, his wiggles backpack and a pirate hat, and is hooning around on his bike making fire engine noises!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesspumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 8:09am
PS...doing DH's cv because this is the time of year jobs start appearing - nothing in mind right now, but making sure I'm well prepared for when something does!!
ange221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ange221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 9:11am
Heard on the news this morning that they are predicting a 23% chance that we'll have another magnitude 7 quake in the next year. I'm looking at it that there's a 77% chance that we won't, which are much better odds.

I've REALLY got to clean today. We're having EQC around at 1pm for our inspection and since most of the cracks are up near the ceiling I will have to go on a cobweb hunt. Surprising how many you find when you look.
music_mummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote music_mummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 9:32am
Not much happening here either.

We were at the doctor yesterday to try and get some answers about Charlotte's TT issues and in the process found out both girls had ear infections says . I was totally surprised since neither were showing any signs. Then this morning I got a phone call from DH who was at daycare. Apparantly they have a health and safety policy that says kids have to have taken amoxycilin (sp) for 24 hours before they can come to daycare. I've never heard this before (and the girls have taken it LOTS of times before) so DH lied and told them she started it yesterday morning. Naughty, I know, but if we hadn't been at the doctor for Charlotte we would have sent her to daycare this morning anyway and they wouldn't have asked any questions. it seems crazy that she could've been sent home with an inner ear infection when last week she was there with a horrible snotty nose and nothing was said.
Kristy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 12:04pm
Wow, its been far too long since I last posted however I have been on here daily lurking rather then posting. So busy with three kids. Don't know how everyone managed to post let alone 5 mins to actually post! (Just as I was typing alone my keyboard batteries went flat and I had to go on the hunt for 2 x AAA's which is not very common in our house! Oh and Bronson has now woken up and I can hear him crying in his cot). Oh well....
I am too going to look at the 77% chance we won't be having a earthquake that large. 2 within 6 months was enough for me to run for the hills, pitty I could not stay for long.
My Mum is coming from Oz on Saturday will be staying for two weeks for Libbi's 5th Birthday and seeing her off on her first day of school. We have our 2nd school visit tomorrow and I must say, I think she will love being a school girl.
Cooper is doing well, decided last week he no longer wanted to be in nappies and he is now on his way to being day trained. Interstingly he had a dentist visit the other week and they have told me the tooth which has not come up may never come through and may not even have an adult tooth either! Its his bottom right next to the front ones, IYKWIM?
Bronson is good, being a little turd with his night sleeps at the moment, he even had me up for a 3am feed two nights ago, just would not settle and I had to resort to feeding him. He has not fed like that for months.
DH is liking his new job and we have just found out he has pre diabetes so a few lifestyle changes to happen here. I think its a good thing though cause I certainly need to loose some weight.
We had a Kuwait student staying with us but with the Feb earthquake and the one we had a few weeks back she was too scared to stay here and has since flown back home. A bit of a bummer as she was really nice. So we are waiting on a new one. Hopefully soon as its really helpful when paying bills.
Umm what else, probably heaps but I suppose I better rescue Bronson before he screams the house down. Hopefully I can post more later when I remember.

salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 6:52pm
Hey MM what are the TT issues you have with Charlotte? Just wondering cause my mum had the same problem with me I was still wetting when I was going to school turned out I had a kink in my urethra so the urine would collect there then gush which I had no control on, I had to have a small op to straighten it. Sorry TMI but just mentioning it just to show some other possible problems.
Ange good luck with EQC review.
MM-also I know what you mean with the daycare policies, I have Sam having to stay at home for which could be a week. Understand their reasons just really puts everything up the creek with having no day care.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 727728729730731 733>