FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in March 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 729730731732733>
Author
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 8:45pm
Just read your post properly, Vanessa - I'd definitely be keen to meet up in Palmy! With any luck, it'll be the same time as we have to go down anyway, for 12 week combined screening scan and tests (apparently they don't do them in Wanganui).
Sponsored Links

Manda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 9:02pm
Yip if i go in to labour its straight to the hospital and c-section, if for some crazy reason the head is out then it would be a vbac, but i know my body isnt that clever to all happen so fast. lol.

Yay for a mw Jen.

Glad DH is being better for you Rachel. And hope you get the nipple issue sorted. Not something im looking forward to! hmm must get some cream!

whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 9:46pm
Vanessa, I just realised that the week you're down is the same week I'm planning to be in Masterton! And nowhere near the 12 week mark anyway. But... I'll be driving through Palmy anyway on Fri 17th, to get back home, so could do something then? From memory, is Friday the day you don't work, Ali?
4monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 9:54pm
Rach - I had the same thing happen with Caleb, except I had the cracks on both sides. Was absolute agony. All I can say is to call your MW and get a referral to a lactation consultant ASAP - one session ended all my pain and troubles. Turned out it was simply a positioning thing. Caleb was alot fussier with how I held him than my others were and I had to be retaught the 'technically correct' way to BF a baby. I could try to explain what it is, but it's really something you need to be shown!

As for my friend, I'm really hoping it will have a good outcome. It's been picked up really early, so here's hoping for the best.
Richtea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richtea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 6:57pm
Hope you get the nipple sorted out rachel sounds painful.
Fingers crossed for the unit taking a while to sell Toni.
sending positive thoughs for your friend Gjen.
Yeah for a booked scan wwJen and a booked c section for you Manda, would love you to text me when he makes an arrival

We doing well, so excited about my mum arriving in Sunday, yippee!!!!!

Edited by Richtea

mrsturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 11:01pm
ahhh ok rant so please excuse me!

today went to baby factory as emilys carseat had been recalled to have seatbelt replaced so mark took it out of car with girls still in the car emily climbing over all the seats and well what do you know she locks the drivers door so when mark shuts it both the girls are locked in the car!!!! who leaves keys in the ignition??!! i come back from shop to find him standing outside talking to emily trying to get her to unlock door Ahhh yeah right she was happy inside the car with a bag of marshmellows from the groceries........ none of the shops have metal bloody coathangers all plastic so went into the bike shop that we were parked outside to see if they had something metal - NO not long enough....im now beside myself as Charlie was crying...Thank god the lady said she had an aa card so would pretend it was her car. AA finally arrived x2! with flashing lights meanwhile all these bloody people kept stopping saying are the ok? (spot worst parents in the world!) 10min later woohoo they managed to pop lock! so stressfull yet mark still thinks its bloody funny told him we should get aa again cause he stopped it as we both have spare keys to each others cars....no use when they are at home though! so needless to say he is in the dog box.....for Lan and Jen was parked on great king st outside bike otago so heavy foot trafic at 4pm!
Took lady bottle of wine and block of chocolate was am soo greatfull to her!

good luck manda!
Yey ww cant wait to hear how scan goes!
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 11:39am
Eek Shannon that would have been so stressful Glad it all got sorted out eventually but man that would have been horrible!

GJen I think you're right about needing to see an LC. I still remember the technique an LC taught me with Chelsea but doesn't help with Austin so he must need a different technique! The other side is sore now too!

Well I've been googling, as you do, and Dr Rachel has decided that DH has bipolar II disorder, not depression. He fits the description. He did get told he had that years ago but didn't like that diagnosis so pretended it didn't happen. Not sure what to do now though, although I read it to him and he agrees it does sound like him. I guess we need to make an appointment with someone next week. I will need to write down examples etc so I don't forget anything when talking to an actual person. Hope we can get it sorted out once and for all, I want my nice husband back

Austin's stirring, gtg
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

queenbean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 4:14pm
Awww Shannon, poor you, I would've freaked as well! Your DH owes you big time! Glad that nice lady was there to call AA for you!

Ouch, Rachel! It's funny how babies can feed so differently! Hope it gets sorted for you. And good on you for getting DH to agree he has a problem, FX he agrees to go to someone with you next week.

Yey for a sooner date Manda!! Next baby will be here so soon!!!

Sarah, keep meaning to say, I didn't know you guys were TTC, how exciting!! Lots of babydust to you!

Enjoy having your Mum here Hannah, will be awesome for you guys!!

Were you having a scan today WWJen?!!! Hope it went awesomely and you got to see a happy little bean!!

salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 5:08pm
Oh Shannon that would have been scary! Would have felt so helpless. Glad it got sorted reasonable quickly!
Rachel- Sounds like you may have hit it on the nail with your DH, hopefully with a proper assessment, diagnosis and treatment you will get your nice DH back. Good idea with writing examples down. Hope you manage to get him to see someone. Ouch about the breast feeding gosh its not an easy task babies are so different hope it gets sorted soon.
Oh yeah Jens scan?

Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 5:08pm
Shannon that must have been so awful. I always keep my keys with me whenever I leave Cody unstrapped in the car as I am scared that he will do the same thing.

Yay sold 3 things using buynow yesterday. My monkey doodlez nappies (the ones I waited 6wks for), the four Sunny baby's that Rose still doesn't fit, and her bassinet. That gives me enough money to pay off my GroVia laybuy and either get the In the Pear tree nappy on TM or another Itti snap in or maybe it would be better to get some more inners for the itti's I already have.

Cody has a cold and he woke up at 3am last night asking for a drink and he didn't go back to sleep properly till 6am Think he did snooze but almost every half hour he turned up in my room. Think he just had a really blocked nose. He then slept in till 10.30 when I woke him up. So Rose and I got to have some quiet time in bed for an hour before she had a nappy failure (my fault for not changing her nappy since 3am)

Mum and my aunt went and looked at a rest home for nana to go to today. Will be sad to see her move out of the house that has been a big part of our family for about 28yrs.   I have a dream that she còuld buy a little 3 bedroom from the money she would get selling her place and I could rent it off her at family rates
sarahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 5:17pm
Wow Shannon I would have been in a right state if that happened to me!!!
We aren't really TTC I've gone off the pill and if it happens it happens if that makes sense, we will look at timing and charting and stuff properly later in the year most likely.
Floyd's sleep has gone out the window big time recently, i got very $hitty with him last night and then got the guilt's, was feeling like crap and just wanted a milo and a bath but he wouldnt settled for DP and just wanted me. He's only had a very short nap in the car today and is looking pretty tired so hopefully he crashes tonight.

Toni, that would be neat if your Nan could do that for you. if the weather ever gets better we would keen for the zoo on a Monday.
sarahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 7:40am
yay we might finally be getting somewhere with Floyds talking, he was sitting beside me while I was on facebook, saw a photo of my sister and said ooooo Aunty, hes never said it before. (sorry may not seem like much to others but its HUGE for me!!)
We are seeing her today so hopefully he will say it in person
Manda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 9:15am
Crap lost my post!!!!!

Thats terrible what happened to you Shannon, bet you were mad, glad all was ok though, and very nice of you to thank the lady with chocolates and wine.

Have a great time with your mum Hannah.

Glad you are getting somewhere with your DH Rachel, hope it continues.

Yay Floyd! Thats really cool, hopefully he will say it again today. The words are def inside his head!!

We have officially starting TT! Was going to wait till i was settled with baby but he seems really keen so dont want to hold him back. When he needs to go he comes running up to me, Mummy wees coming, toilet quickly!

4 Sleeps till this baby is out, i cant wait!!!! Cant wait to meet my new lil man!

Angus keeps asking me what my name is! I reply Mummy, he keeps saying nooo Manda! Little ratbag, thinks its funny to call me that!

Richtea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richtea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 7:17pm
No time to comment properly but think that is well funny Manda!

whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 9:38pm
Yay for only 4 sleeps, Manda!

Sorry to disappoint, but I got a bit mixed up and the scan is actually on Tuesday! Going back down to Wanganui tomorrow night.

Rachel, I'm glad DH is prepared to accept a new diagnosis, and I hope the appointment goes well. I really hope you get your lovely husband back too.

Shannon, man that's awful having both kids locked in the car, Emily the cheeky monkey! I can just imagine how busy it would have been. Thank goodness for the nice lady calling AA. I wouldn't be without my AA membership these days, for those kinds of reasons.

Sarah, yay for Floyd saying aunty! I know that feeling, when they say new words you've waiting for ages for them to say. Hopefully the words will come thick and fast now!
4monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 10:27pm
Eek Shannon! Must have been so scary! Glad everything worked out alright! (and, for the record, aa cards are assigned to people rather than cars, so she didn't need to pretend it was her car since it was obviously her calling. )

Manda - yay for only 4 more days to go!!! Can't wait to hear the news!!

Ok, all you cloth nappy buffs out there. I have decided to put Caleb into cloth fulltime. He hasn't been as heavy a wetter so far as my others were, so I think it'll actually work. So, my question is - I have enough pocket nappies for during the day (even if most of them are girlie ones! ) but I'm after a couple of really really good, preferably all-in-one nappies for nighttime. I don't care TOO much about the price, so long as they've got enough absorbancy to last the night without having to use a million and 1 boosters. I figure they'll pay for themselves eventually if I'm not buying disposables at all. So, any recommendations?
princesspumpkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesspumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2011 at 3:10pm
Quick hello from me - will be back tomorrow to say hi properly - but GJen - pop in nappies are bloody amazing for night time, they're the only thing I've ever used that has NEVER leaked. And they're an adjustable sized nappy, so will fit forever. I use a dream dri with a night booster    linky

Must go, doing a major spring clean round here - we just took a ute load of cr@p away!!!
BerryBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BerryBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2011 at 3:42pm
I like the Pop-ins too for night (tho not using cloth at night anymore got lazy)

Hope the appointment goes well Rachel. I always thought the ex had bi polar rather than depression and he had an assessment thing but aparently he didn't have bi polar, i do know what he really does have tho, can't really say that tho in here may get told off haha.

So turned out i got the cold the kids had lost my voice as well, just kind of getting it back today, i soung horrible tho. Managed to give it to the new guy too..opps.

Yep i did want 6 kids, don't know if i want that many now tho, we will see.

My parents had my boys for the last 2 days, man its so quiet with only 2 kids, great to have them back tho.

Shannon how horrible to have that happen, yay for a nice person being there to help you out!!!

DD 1999
DS 2003
DS 2006
DD 2009
4monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 8:59am
Cool - will have a look at the Pop-Ins, thanks. Are the Ecobubs Wool ones any good for night? I have a friend who went a teeny bit overboard with buying nappies and is selling some off. She's offered me some brand new Ecobubs Wool ones for $25ea. Are they worth it?
princesspumpkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesspumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 11:18am
They're pretty good, but I wouldn't trust them for overnight...they never quite managed the job for us!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 729730731732733>