FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwhy do you strip??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: why do you strip??
    Posted: 11 July 2008 at 5:27pm
I have been wondering why you need to strip nappies as I have never had to do this. I am told it is because my nappies are all cotton so don't have a soap build up.
Why do you strip your nappies? Do you get soap build up because of the washig powder you use? or because they are made from synthetic materials?
Lindsey

Sponsored Links

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 6:02pm
I've only stripped them once and it was because they were smelling a bit swampy even after washing.
I'm not sure if it was caused by soap build up or if Benjy had particularly pungent wees but stripping did the trick.
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 7:02pm
I've only stripped mine because I left a couple in a nappy bucket and forgot about them for about a week or so (I don't actually know how long they were in there cause mine usually go straight in the machine)
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 8:38pm
It probably because of the material they are made out of, hemp and bamboo in particular hold alot of wee compared to normal cotton nappies and so can eventually smell. Thats my guessing anyhow.
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 9:00pm
ooooh, nappies.

*slaps head*
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by lizzle lizzle wrote:

ooooh, nappies.

*slaps head*

He he he
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 9:35pm

ooooh, nappies.

*slaps head*

my thoughts exactly

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 9:36pm
but seriously though........i've stripped my nappies once before as they got abit smelly and also after using butt creams with a liner that was too thin...got build up on the nappy and then of course, leakage

kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 10:24pm
I've stripped for a couple of reasons - once when they started to smell quite badly of amonia, twice when Leo had bacterial infections (to make sure there wasn't any bacteria lurking in his nappies) and I always strip nappies before I sell them on to make sure they're in the best possible condition for their new owners.

Vic xx
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 9:05am

ooooh, nappies.

*slaps head*

Hehehe, I originally started my reply with "because it makes me lots of money" lol!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by caraMel caraMel wrote:

ooooh, nappies.

*slaps head*

Hehehe, I originally started my reply with "because it makes me lots of money" lol!

It wasn't till after I posted that I re-read the title and realised that it was a little ... suggestive!!
Lindsey

WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 3:59pm
Damn it here i was thinking there was a dirty thread that was put in the wrong thread - oh well back to entertaining myself in other ways
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 4:00pm
crap that came out wrong i mean as in looking for funny stuff on the net hahaha

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 5:51pm
So you don't necessarily have to strip nappies because they are synthetic?
Lindsey

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 10:43am
No, I wouldn't think so.
All the advice I've seen around stripping is as a solution to leaks from soap powder build-up or odours.

Post Reply Post Reply