FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedbest amber teething necklace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best amber teething necklace
    Posted: 17 July 2008 at 1:27pm
thought i would start a new post for those of us looking into these ...

whose got any recommendations?

Sponsored Links

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 2:05pm

I got ours from this lady in Dunedin....http://chookmook.co.nz/baltic-amber-teething-necklace/ and I am really happy with it.

The key things to look for are:

knotted between each bead, so that if it breaks there is no risk of swallowing multiple beads

correct length - bubs shouldnt be able to get it into their mouth

no plastic or glued clasp

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 2:58pm
I got Sam's off Trade Me from a lady in Kaitaia. It was only $28 and came with a certificate of authenticity plus was knotted between each bead etc.
And, i have to add, it has most definitley done what it said it should. Before it Sam was a terrible teether! She has recently popped through all 4 molars in a very short space of time with not one single restless night or screaming! Yay!

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 3:16pm
what we her trade me user name sterryn?

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 8:17pm
We got ours from www.picopico.co.nz

We got the multi coloured one and it screws together with a clasp made out of the beads. Each bead is knotted on.

I have found it to be very good when I rememeber to put it on her as I take it off at night for sleeping!

It was $40.

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 10:40pm
The trade me sellers name was 'stefi'. Lovely lady and loads of different colours. I meant to say that the beads on Samantha's are nicely rounded as well.

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 1:40pm
Thanks Sterryn! I just ordered one from her. Ella's not having the prettiest time with her 2yr molars, and a friend swore by her daughter's one.
Andie
Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 1:55pm
I bought one from Nature Baby as I decided I needed one urgently and didn't want to wait for postage by ordering a cheaper one. They have 3 different colours to choose from, are good quality, was $60.

Was a bit keen on my part though, should have bought a cheaper one and waited a few days as turns out it wasn't teeth causing DD to be irritable, but the start of a cold!
Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 5:28pm
I got mine of trademe of trader russki1, came with warrenty and info card etc. At time cost $28 incl postage a couple of months ago, but now selling for $32, but I notice there is a lot more traders now selling them.
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 8:59pm
Thanks for that Tiff, I just bought one off russki1 for $28 + $2 shipping (a couple were on special). Hope Jack gets some relief from his teething!
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 2:02pm
Well mine arrived today, and it's lovely - will just have to wait and see if it works on wee Ella. I re-made part of it because it was long enough for Ella to chew on, so I used one of the beads I'd removed to test the amber using that link that you put up somewhere, Deb (thanks!) and it passed 3/3 tests! So whaddaya know, real amber by the looks of it, not copal.
Andie
Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 9:36pm
Curious....whats the test, I haven't seen that post.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 10:01pm
i'll try and find it an bump it for you... its in general chat tiff...

Edited by Bizzy

Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 10:51am
Thanks Deb!!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 5:53pm
apparently amber has analgesic properties and actually feels warm against the skin, and it is the warmth of the skin that releases its healing properties...

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 8:09pm
...and they're not for chewing on, hence Ella's being drastically shortened!
Andie
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 3:25pm
ohh I see!

I thought the kids chewed on them! That's why I never got one for Miss Jaws, she breaks anything and everything that goes in her mouth!

I might look into these as Caitlin still has heaps of teeth to come through and doesn't do well with teething
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 10:22am
bump for shannon

Georgiegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 4:54pm
What is the deal with Amber Beads? I know that they are surposed to make teething easier.... but does anyone know how?

It's fasinating how all these little tricks seem to work.

TTC#2
8th round of clomid 100mg
1 failed IUI.
Waiting for IVF now.
Sheralyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheralyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2009 at 8:14am
I do have a wee question regarding the use of teething necklaces. I have a 14month old, and have just ordered a necklace for him. Do you recommend leaving it on while he sleeps - as this is when teething seems to affect him most - or is it general practice that it is taken off while sleeping and bathing? I have found different information on varying websites...
Would appreciate the tips!
Thanks in advance!

Edited by Sheralyn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>