FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked6 Week PP Check Up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6 Week PP Check Up
    Posted: 20 July 2008 at 5:27pm
What happens at this when you have had a c section? Is it the same as after a vaginal birth or different?

Sponsored Links

Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 7:18pm
Is this the one you have at your GP?? or with your Midwife?

(I had mine done through my midwife before she discharged me to Plunket)

Either will check your wound and palpate your tummy to make sure everything is healing okay internally (it's a little uncomfortable but not TOO bad..) Will also ask how you are feeling both physically and mentally.. and how you are coping being a new mum! It's nothing really

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 9:30pm
Oh yep.
Um Im not sure if my midwife does it or my GP....I guess I'll find out.
Im dreading the fact that I might have to have an internal as I had a tiny tear up by my cervix from the midwife pushing caden up as the surgen pulled him out.
Im so over having my fufu prodded at by doctors!!!

Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 9:42pm
I know the feeling hun, your labour was exactly like mine and even the same time from start to finish Mine wasn't really 'FTP' though, Keziah's head couldn't fit and the further she came down the more stuck she got...

You can choose who you want to do YOUR six week check, but bubs has to go and get his first lot of jabs so whatever works for you
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 8:45am
My gp didn't physically check me, he just asked how I was and that was it but then mine was elective so not sure if that makes a difference or not.

2bmumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bmumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 9:04am
I haven't been internally checked with any of my c-sections (3 of them). They just checked out my ouwnd and questioned how I was.
Sara

Corban (22/11/04)
Connor (18/04/06)
Chelsea (21/05/08)
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 11:38am
mine just talked to me when he did E's check as I had to go to the hospital to have my 6 week check because of the PE..doc asked how i was doing....OB at hospital just checked blood pressure and took blood..
Mum to two amazing boys!
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 3:31pm
mine prodded around..made sure stitches were ok, removed what he could etc etc....

mine was elective...

oh and we talked contraception!!!!!! think that is a biggie for the six week check...LOL!!!!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 7:43pm
No internals here! I just had my final check done by my mw, not my GP so it probably was 4-5wks. Same as VB except they often check the scar as well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 10:38pm
Cool, thank girls
My midwife is discharging us on Friday, so I will ask her about it then.

Post Reply Post Reply