FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAF question.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AF question.
    Posted: 23 July 2008 at 12:21pm
I'm breast feeding & got my af back last month when my baby was 8 months but i haven't had it since. I got it on the 19th of last month & it was just normal. I always had 28 day cycles. There's no sign of af coming soon but i don't have any preg symptoms either. We've been careful but maybe not as careful as we could have been. So my question is would it be likely that things are still just getting back to normal?? I hope that made sense.
Sponsored Links

Helen21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 12:43pm
Everyone is different but After my 1st daughter while I was bf my af was all over the place. I'd get it one month and then not have it again for two or three months, sometimes it would be normal, other times it was heavy or just a bit of spotting. At the time my doc said that it can be common while things get back to normal and then some months if bubs is having a growth spurt and feeding more this can put off af. I will mention with my first I was on my own for the first year so there was no "special cuddles" going on anyway so I never had the same worry.

I hope that eases your mind a little.

Chloe 12/7/03
Miya 5/11/05
xox6Girls1Boyxox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xox6Girls1Boyxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 5:14pm
See if you can have a preg test done at least after geting the results to that you'll know whats going on.... Other wise like helen said everyone is different and it might be your body getting back to normal. I got pregnant 7 weeks after my 1st baby & I was breast feeding also. Id get a test done 1st then look at other options...
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 1:26pm
Well still no af. But I've had the usual symptoms like I'm going to get it for over a week now. Maybe i should take a preg test just to be sure.
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 5:17pm
I only had one period, I did a preg test when it was due next and it was -ve. And now it's +ve, lol. But I need a scan to find out when the little accident happened anyway
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 9:01pm
I did a test & it was negative. I've actually started showing pregnancy symptoms but i thought it definitely would have come up positive if i was preg, since my last af was on the 19th of June.
 Post Reply Post Reply