FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedToilet Training/Nappies at night

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toilet Training/Nappies at night
    Posted: 28 March 2006 at 10:03pm
Our nearly 3 year old is toilet trained during the day, doesn't wear a nappy when he has a nap but we put a nappy on him at night time. Can't remember when he last had a wet nappy during the night but we keep putting one on him.     How long did you use nappies at night time when they were ok during the day???
Sponsored Links

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 7:37am
we have tried our DD in no nappies at night but shes not ready, she is a very heavy wetter.

But id say if his nappies are dry then give it a go. you can get these sheets from baby factory that go over your bottom sheet. So if he wets in the night you just take off this sheet and change him and the top sheet and your done. Brilliant!

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 8:49am
we haven't yet tried paris without nappies when she sleeps - for a while there she had a dry nappy all the time after naps and overnight, and we seriously considered it, but now she is back to being wet when she wakes.

There was something i read about if they drink alot during the day, it teaches their bladder to hold on longer because it is used to being full. it kinda makes sense, as when paris was dry overnight we were amazed because she was just drinking so much! but with her being at daycare alot of the time now i think she forgets to ask for a drink.. and the nappies have been wet when she wakes again.. i dunno, may be coincidence.

anyway, i remember my mum used to get my little sister up just before she went to bed, and put her on the toilet. after a while my sister would wake up herself and go at that time - it kinda trained her to do that.

good luck.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 2:47pm
Thanks. Ironic that after sending the email he had a wet nappy this morning so I think I'll hold off a bit. I just wondered if we were being lazy by keeping him in the Nappies and what others had done. I think I was just so keen to reduce the nappy bill (very high with two babies) but at least its only one nappy per night which is much better than wearing them all the time.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 2:59pm
yeah we have found that too - we can get away with only buying one large pack for Paris, instead of the 4 packs we buy for Ayja
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 3:07pm
Maya is a big night wetter too, I think she's a long way off being in knickers at night. But like you said, one nappy a night is peanuts in the grand scheme of things.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
robyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 8:15pm
That makes sense about the whole bladder control thing, when we were in aussie kobe was drinking heaps cos it was so hot but was dry at night, even in just giggles, when we got back here and he doesnt drink so much he is wetting every night right thru the sheets aswell.
KOBE born 19 March 2004

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 10:02am
i was wearing nappies in bed when i was 4 years old, mum said she stopped putting me to bed in nappies one night after i asked her if i could go to bed without one on, and apparantly i didnt wet the bed that night so she kept it up.
my 3 year old is still wearing nappies to bed too, im in no hurry to put her to bed without one, i dont think she's ready... so will wait till she shows more signs.
every child is different though. let us know how you go
GOODLUCK!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 10:22am
I had a baby brain moment last week and put Maya to bed in knickers (long story - I had bathed her at a friends place coz we were visiting and got home and put her straight to bed but forgot to put a nappy on her). She woke at 5am crying and told me I'm a "silly Mama, I need a nappy on to go to sleep. She was soaked So definitely not ready for knickers at night yet...

On the up side, I bought a great plastic underlay on Trade Me (new) which covers her whole bed and meant the mattress was dry. I haven't seen the single bed size ones in shops, so had been using a cot size one until recently.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply