FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat are you doing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are you doing?
    Posted: 29 March 2006 at 9:40pm
Just wondering what everyone else is using to help concieve- temping, charting, Ovulation kits, fertility drugs etc?

We have been TTC our second since December last year and was just wondering if there is anything else we could be doing! I went through the course through Natural fertility and learnt how to chart correctly so I know exactly when I ovulate. My last 2 cycles we have BD like crazy for the 3 days leading up but still no go and Im getting a little impatient! Our daughter was a surprise so we just presumed we would be able to concieve really easy, so this has been a rather abrupt reality check for us.

We are temping and charting and this month we used and ovulation predictor kit thing too.
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

Sponsored Links

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 7:34am
ok Jenna - what does BD stand for???

Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 7:59am
Baby dance!

I am just using the ovulation predictor kits at this stage, then bding like crazy round the right time. Have also become much more aware of what is going on with my body now as well. No luck for us buy have only been trying since Jan
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 8:07am
LOLOLOL, that is sooooo cute, LOl

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 9:33am
some people swear by no underwear for men...

but seriously this can have a diff - men need to take care too and if it is too hot down there for them it doesnt help....

orgasm can help too - help the sperm travel.

but being aware of yor body is the best help, and trying to relax, make sure you have sex at other times too otherwise it takes all the fun out, and men dont like that.

good luck.

Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 9:37am
We had been trying to get pregnant since October last year and I went to my GP for some advice around December and she told me that she had done a bit of research on pregnancy and suggested that we start trying from day 8 of my cycle through to day 21 and to try every second day. We tried this in January this year and I found out I was pregnant - I truly believe this is what helped us in getting pregnant. Good luck to all who are trying.
Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 9:46am
Try researching the Sperm meet egg plan its intense but it worked for us well that and clomid
Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 10:22am
Hi Jen,

My husband and I are on cycle 10, TTC No. 1. I started tempting for cycle 9 and am just charting my temps - I'm not really having much luck charting CM.   I'm also taking a highish dose of Vit B6 as I've heard this helps, and my doctor said that it's good for settling your cycle down and with PMT. I may try OPKs in another couple of months, and I will give Millie's suggestion a go next month, for a couple of months and see how we go! (Assuming that nothing happens in the meantime of course).

Good luck!

P.S. I'll let you know if thinking about men not wearing their underwear works as well as not wearing any, in about 12 days ...
Simonne xx

~ Established 1979 ~
Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 10:22am
Oh. 13. Crap. That's ages away.
Simonne xx

~ Established 1979 ~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 12:15pm
And 12 isn't?
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 1:05pm
LOL Simonne - you seem to just keep getting haunted by thoughts of men with no undies...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 1:18pm
Welllll ....12 just doesn't seem as bad. It's a whole 24 hours less!

It's like the difference between xmas eve and xmas ...and the day before your birthday, and the actual day ...on both occasions, my husband has divorce papers drawn up and waves them in front of my face
Simonne xx

~ Established 1979 ~
Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 1:21pm
Uh huh Emma ...and it's all your fault. Actually, why don't we blame free willie instead since he was the one who made the suggestion! Plus, men must be blamed for everything, so it's only reasonable that he shoulders the burden instead My husband was watching me eyeing up his undie drawer speculatively last night ...and apparently I am not to even think about it *snort* Dunno where I'd hide them anyway ... Maybe I could give them all to the dogs to hide in the back yard
Simonne xx

~ Established 1979 ~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 2:51pm
I had to go onto wises today to find a street, they have a big advertising thing on there, the first thing to pop up, a big whale with free willy written over it. Workmates that didn't already think I am crazy now do.
Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 2:56pm
Now, THAT just made my day!! That is brilliant. I love it!!!

I hope you're feeling better today Sarah, by the way.

I'm in a mild grump because I've started having cramps, so I must be in the downward slide to another visit from AF, bugger it. Why they (cramps) have to start now I don't know though ...means I'm going to have them for the next 2 weeks and THEN blimmin AF. Ug.
Simonne xx

~ Established 1979 ~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 3:57pm
actually, I used to get ovulation cramps and AF cramps, perhaps it is just due to Oing
Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 4:00pm
Hmmm ...They might be ovulation cramps ...Ovulation cramps are acceptable
Simonne xx

~ Established 1979 ~
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 7:46pm
I get ovulation cramps- they suck too. Mine last usually a whole afternoon and evening. Its hard to get in the "mood" when you feel like curling up with a hot water bottle. One good thing is that I know for sure when I've ovulated.

Haha Ana- I didn't feel right saying "shag like crazy"- BD just seems a bit more tasteful.

My hubby wears boxers- does that count as no undies? They don't seem to create much resistance down there anyway- I won't go into too much detail in case any of you are eating while reading this!

We thought about the whole every other day thing but I get sooo freaked out about getting the time wrong and missing the optimum time that we end up going over board.
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 8:40pm
Yeah the stuff I have says to BD every other day but that is a bit hard on the brain - what if you miss the optimum time etc etc!! So much to think about
Simonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2006 at 9:18am
Jennz ...bugger tasteful! We talk about things like CM here ...we have no taste "Shag like crazy" works for me

I'm fascinated by this ovulation cramps business ...they have pretty much passed and I'm coming to the end of my ovulatory phase, so maybe that's what they were.

You know ...it was much less complicated when I was a kid and thought that you just pulled a cabbage out of the garden and there was a baby. Except for when I got yelled at for yanking the cabbages up out of the garden of course (I wanted a baby sister, and got stuck with 3 brothers, so decided to be pro-active about it )
Simonne xx

~ Established 1979 ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>