FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAugust and Sept ’08 Mums and Bubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 126>
Author
mummytobesep08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2011 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Henna79 Henna79 wrote:

Alex is surprising me all the time these days. His imagination is kicking in and he quite often pretends he is someone else or something else, his car is turned into a police car or similar most of the time or he is just off shopping in it (he loves to buy me choc choc and chips). I got him a scooter that he couldn't ride and just 5 mins ago he goes past me on the thing just cruising along . He sure is changing and growing up so much more these days. Beau is home on Tuesday after a 4 week stint so we are counting down the days. He is home for 8 weeks though as he is on holiday now so looking forward to lots of fun times. RIght better go someone has found his scissors

Aw he sounds like lots of fun!

Charli has found her imagination too, it's so cute! Amazing to think how much their little brains have changed in the last year. Her favourite imaginary game is to pull a pretend baby out of her tummy- she cuddles it and hand it to us (oh so carefully!) and puts it to bed and stuff She would make such a great big sister!

Leanne, so glad to hear that things are going well! I sent you a PM with my name for facebook too

Angel babes '07 & '10- <3 <3
Sponsored Links

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2011 at 9:36am
aww so cute Amelia...
M.i.s.s.y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.i.s.s.y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 1:34pm
Hi ladies!
Just wanted to send out sum online love to all our chch familys in our group. hope ur all ok!!!
thinking of you.
be strong, keep safe.
xxxxx
big loves!!!!
Lea455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lea455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 11:02am
Hi everyone, what is everyone up to these days?

This year is going very fast, Dylan is 8 weeks old today and Ethan is nearly 2 1/2 already which means of course hes halfway to 3, seems like yesterday he was a baby! I have come to the conclusion that Ethan has Dyspraxia a condition that affects his ability to learn new things but has no impact on his intelligence. We have an occupational therapist coming to see us once a month to work on his fine motor skills and coordination and are on the waiting list to see a speech therapist. Hes says lots of words but hasn't begun to string them together into sentences yet and a lot of the words he does say are all mixed up, eg instead of grape he says brape and van comes out at man, my sister in law who is a speech therapist herself (and has offered to help if we don't get seen soon) thinks that his muscle control is lacking so he doesn't form words properly, he probably thinks hes saying them correctly.

Other than this, Ethan is doing really well although we are getting a few toddler tantrums and I am getting tired of telling him to be gentle to his brother (pulling arms and legs, sitting on him as soon as I've put him on his change mat or blanket). Distractions such as the TV, reading books and suggesting other things he could do only work for a short time and it doesn't help that Dylan cluster feeds in the evenings so he's up for several hours in a row. DH has been getting home late from work lately so is not always around to distract Ethan. Has anyone else with two littlies experienced this and how long did it last for, some days are better than others but some days I get rather frustrated especially when a happy baby starts crying because Ethan has yanked his arm/leg too hard!

kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 8:47pm
It's been ages, but I see that I'm not the only one who's been tied up elsewhere! I can't believe Dylan is 2mths old Leanne - must be that long since I was last on here!! Interesting about Ethan & dyspraxia. I had a dyspraxic boy in my first classroom, it was fascinating (and yet challenging at times) to work out how his brain worked and teach him accordingly. It sounds like ppl around you are on-to-it as far as help, great to hear that an OT & speech therapist are on board.

Lol, 'gentle' is a key key key word in our house too! I can't believe how fast Kaitlyn is growing, I feel almost sad to see my baby growing up already. As of last week, she's now on the move commando style and that seems to have helped with the interaction between them. Bethany just doesn't seem to know her own strength sometimes! It was so sweet seeing her get protective of her lil sis at playgroup the other week.

Amelia - Bethany is touch-&-go toilet trained. She has a week or so of no accidents then 'forgets' for a day or so (or more) and will even do #2s in her undies. Not fun. We tried undies overnight but after a week of 2 loads of washing every day just of bedding, she's back in nappy pants at night time. She wasn't waking when she wet, so by the time morning came EVERYTHING was thoroughly soaked. I decided I'd rather she slept in & stayed dry than started waking once the weather got colder!

I absolutely love seeing what new things my girls come up with every day. Kaitlyn is saying all sorts of words/sounds and a few signs, and Bethany is a wonderful mini-mummy when it comes to helping her learn new things. So cute. It's amazing how resilient babies are - things that should upset Kaitlyn (like a face full of water in the bath or a thump on the head with a toy) make her crack up!! Better than the opposite lol.

Love to chch mums, I can't even imagine what you've been through, it must be so hard. I hope you and your loved ones are all ok.

Must go...
Kristy :)

Edited for typos :P

Edited by kmarie

twins in heaven Oct07
Is 40:11 "He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 10:24pm
Hey everyone- one chch mum checking in!

We spent 2 1/2 weeks in TGA after the EQ. Our house was only mildly damaged but cuz it took Charli-Rose over 5 months to finally get sleeping again after the Sep quake, we knew we had to get out of chch for the well-being of everyone.

We back in chch now but came back to find out DH lost his job and he's in retail so the chances of him getting another one aren't great- so might be moving to TGA! I'm a bit nervous about having to start again from scratch though...friends, family, etc...does anyone in our group live near Tauranga? I can't remember

Hope everyone else is doing good! Would love to hear how you are going

kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 1:39pm
Hey Amelia, do you remember Lydia (littlekiwis) from the old sept08 thread? She posts in the oct08 thread now, but she and Jo (jojames, also oct08 thread) both live in Tauranga I think. Hope that helps? Wow a big move - I have to say that I LOVE Tauranga though, good choice! And of course if you ever make it up to good 'ole Aucks, it would be lovely to meet you! (I'm sure we could put you guys up if you needed somewhere to stay :) All the best with the next little while, so glad you're all ok, please do keep us informed x

twins in heaven Oct07
Is 40:11 "He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart."
JoJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 8:42pm
Hey Amelia, I'm from oct 08 as Kristy said, if you move up here feel free to message me or Lydia, we love new friends and you're welcome to hang out with us.
kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 3:24pm
Hey Heather, haven't heard from you in a while, how are you and Alex doing? The move and everything gone smoothly? Just thought I'd send some hugs your way xx

twins in heaven Oct07
Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 4:45pm
aww thanks Kristy You have made my day. We are doing good. All settled in to Paeroa life and loving it. We have 3 mornings a week of playgroup and music and spend lots of time with the family, especially when Beau is at work, so lots busier than we were in Hamilton. Alex seems to be thriving although we have had some 'issues'with biting and being to rough and tumble at playgroup but we are slowly getting there.

Leanne how is Ethan doing? All the help you are getting helping him?

Amelia you will only be an hour away from us so we shall have to catch up one day if you move to Tauranga. I have a few friends in Papamoa one of whom hosts a coffee morning every so often I think could find out for you if you do move up and are interested.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by JoJames JoJames wrote:

Hey Amelia, I'm from oct 08 as Kristy said, if you move up here feel free to message me or Lydia, we love new friends and you're welcome to hang out with us.
thankyou JoJames, Kristy and Heather...if we do move I would love to take you up on those offers!

heather yay that is so great that the move went well :-) and that you are so busy! I love being busy You know with the biting and rough play, had anyone mentioned about testosterone boosts to you? In our coffee group we've noticed that all the boys have hit the phase around 2 1/2 where they get a boost of confidence and aggression and the plunket nurse said that happens with boys as they get a kick of testosterone, which is often why biting and hitting and stuff comes up as an issue round this time.

Well things are getting back to a 'new normal' here in chch. DH has found a bit of work but it's a bit up in the air at the moment- not really sure of days or how many weeks he's got work for. There's still so much pain here though- we know 3 people who have lost friends and 2 of them lost babies- plus about 10 who lost their houses and too many to count who've lost their jobs so it's very sad all round Still we are alive and that's the most important thing

Charli-Rose has slept a whole night in her bed now (1st one since the quake) and has fallen asleep at about8pm two nights in a row so things are looking up on the front- so proud of her!!!

Lea455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lea455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 2:34pm
That is great to hear you are all settled in your new place Heather. Hopefully Alex outgrows the biting phase soon. Ethan hasn't shown signs of doing this although one of the kids at his preschool bit him the other day.

You will be pleased Amelia that Charli-Rose sleeping is returning to normal.

Ethan is making progress all the time with his fine motor skills and speech, hes saying a few two word phrases now, "this way" and "lets go" being two of his favourites, I think I say them quite a lot. I've decided to start toilet training him at Easter - I took your advice Kristy to wait until Dylan is 3 months which he will be next week! Hopefully he is a fast learner but will just have to see how it goes. I think Dylan must be going through the 12 week growth spurt at the moment, hes only managing 30 minutes naps today, very frustrating!   

becky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2011 at 4:51pm
Hey all thought I would pop in and say Hi and let you know that we are all fine in shaky town! Glad to see all our babies are growing up into wonderful little people. Kade is TT except for number twos we still have issues with them. Kade is talking a lot it is amazing what he comes out with!! He is also attending day care as I am back at work for now but will be finishing this year to stay home! Hope you all have a lovely easter!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 10:57pm
great to hear from you Becky! and a huge congrats on the pregnancy...twins! you are so lucky Really glad to hear you guys are ok with the earthquake- pretty freaky stuff!

Sounds like Kade's doing pretty well with TT-ing. We found it took Charli-Rose about 4 more months to start doing 2s on the toilet.

wow so many of our aug and sep mums have little siblings now...

Lea455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lea455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2011 at 10:00pm
Congratulations Becky, how exciting having twins and it will be a good age gap having a 3 year old and two babies.

I started toilet training Ethan last week and at first he was quite keen on sitting on the toilet and by day 6 had done a wee in the toilet although still hadn't told me he needed to go so were changing the pull ups just as regularly as if there were normal nappies. He is able to say the word toilet as repeated it when I taught it to him along with the baby sign (ear pulling) so that was encouraging as he is still quite behind with his speech although has improved heaps lately, saying several two word phrases now. Yesterday afternoon however Ethan threw a wobbly and refused to sit on the toilet and did the same today so I've given him a day off and am going to try again tomorrow but if he still refuses then I guess he's just not ready yet and I'll put him back in nappies until later in the year.

Dylan has entered a new level of alertness and thinks that now he is 3 months old he doesn't need to nap, he was up until last week really good at self settling for his naps although never at night time but now he doesn't want to self settle for any sleeps and after several attempts I end up feeding him to sleep! Apart from this, hes doing really well, sleeping 9 hour stretches some nights and is doing lots of "talking" at the moment, its very cute to listen to. I'm definetely enjoying this stage of babyhood a lot more the second time around being more relaxed!

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 8:55pm
Hi ladies How are we all? Alex and I are good doing the same old same old. We are getting on well with tting had a dry day in undies (first full day in undies) with a few dry days in pull ups.

Twinboys2b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:54pm
Hi all, long time no hear as well.

Sounds like everyone is doing well and Becky - Congrats on the twins to be - ID or fraternal - I hope the pregnancy is going well for you and you have good support on hand. It's just the best with 2 at once.

Boys are well, not t/t until summer, one's ready but the other isn't but I'd rather wait until they are both are more than ready so we don't have any stress - been told by most twin mums that waiting until they are 3 then it's less stressfull for all and hopefully should be able to to tackle it in a few weeks.

Work is going great, thinking in a few years we'll go for no. 3.

Happy winter guys
3yr old gorgeous ID twin boys.
becky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 8:35pm
Hey twinboys2b we are having fraternal twins they run in my family so very excited hoping for a boy and girl but we will wait and see!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 12:34pm
hey becky have you had your scan? did you end up finding out the genders?

hope everyone is keeping warm and healthy during winter! Charli-Rose had been so sick this year, we are thinking of giving her some iron supplements as she never eats meat and maybe that's why she's always getting sick. We brought some and it had a giraffe on it so she's very excited about it (as her 'best friend' is a giraffe ) Just waiting for her to finish her antibiotics before starting it.

Lea, how is the TT-ing going now? Wow Dylan is almost 5 months already!

And Heather hows the TT-ing going with Alex?

We're still fluffing round trying to decide whether we are staying in chch or moving up to Tauranga. Charli does NOT like the shakes at all, and doesn't sleep for months after each one and they reckon there will be more big shakes in the next year so just trying to figure out what's best for everyone

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2011 at 8:24am
I so don't envy you your decision Amelia it must be so hard for you guys and so frustrating the things just don't seem to be getting any better.

TTing is going well. We don't often have accidents unless Alex is to busy doing something and just forgets. He still doesn't say he needs to go but now he grabs himself which works well when your watching him or I still just make him go every so often.   
I think you all know but I am so excited to announce that finally no 2 is on the way! We had just gone back for our first appointment with FA and had some more answers and so were about to start Clomid treatments when that very month there was already a wee one in there. I have had a couple of spotting scares and so am rather nervous this time around but keep telling myself I need to have more faith that its all good as it really is. There is a little peanut with a heart beating just doing its thing in there (we had a scan last week). So 2012 will be the year of nappies again Lucky for me Beau is off from the 27 Dec to the end of Feb so should be home for everything (unless we go early again) so that is great as otherwise he would have only had his normal 3 weeks off as its a bit hard to just come home from work. Right I better get off an decide what we are doing today. It's Beaus last day home before he heads back to work so we normally spend it just the 3 of us
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 126>