FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAugust and Sept ’08 Mums and Bubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126>
Author
white_rabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote white_rabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 10:39am
Hi ladies, thought I'd pop in. I used to post here way back when I was expecting my daughter, Georgia *nostalgic tear* and I recognise a few names. Next Thurs my baby girl will be 3, and we've been TTC #2 for the past year but it ain't going according to plan. But then, it took us nearly two and a half years to conceive Georg, so I don't know why I was expecting to happen so quickly second time around.

I can't believe I'm going to be a mum to a 3 year old! Where'd the time go?!
Sponsored Links

white_rabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote white_rabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 8:49am
Well, my girl had birthday number three and in spookily spot-on family tradition, vomited everywhere at the end of the night...

But she did have two cakes (joy for me, one for Playcentre and one for her birthday dinner at home) and had the licked the beaters from all cakes and icing mixes. So the vomiting is understandable!
mummytobesep08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 2:22pm
susie hope Isla's relfux is getting better now

yay about Ethan's op, Leanne, so glad it went well! ooo sounds exciting about toilet training, good luck! we have a few boys in our coffee group who aren't quite there with toilet training yet so let me know if you have any tips for them for TT-ing boys

hope the 3rd birthdays have been going well for everyone! Henna I'll always remember Alex's birthday cuz he was the first Sep 08 baby. It was so exciting!

white-rabbit woops poor wee Georgia throwing up! bet she had fun though Good luck with the TTC thing as well. geez it can be such a hard thing to go through, quite draining emotionally and physically. hope you have some luck soon

wow I am in the 2nd trimester already. it's a bit harder on my body this time round but all part of the fun. at least it's going heaps quicker this time! quite nervous about the c-section- my MW (who's really nice) was talking me through it at out meet up last week and I almost passed out when she was explaining all about how the spinal injection goes in and works (to the point of demonstrating how big the needle is ) hmmm maybe ignorance really is bliss?!?!

very blessed though baby is growing well and is even a little big for dates even though I lost weight so that's great! Heather how is your mini-me doing?

Angel babes '07 & '10- <3 <3
Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 10:43am
Glad to hear you are doing great Amelia! I have been wondering how you were doing.

We are slowly getting there here. I am so struggling with tired as I sleep so badly its horrible but thankfully the ms finally seems to be lifting so that is something. We have our anatomy scan in 8 days and I am so looking forward to seeing the little one again. Right best get off Beau is home tomorrow so meant to be cleaning but I keep finding other things to do
Lea455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lea455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2011 at 2:36pm

Hooray for being in the second trimester Amelia.  Yes secound pregnancy def goes a lot faster, I guess because we are busy with our first. 

Started TT yesterday and the little monkey keeps crying wolf, telling me he wants to go wee but when I sit him on the toilet he does nothing and before I get a chance to go back and take him off (after at least 2 minutes or so) hes walking up the hallway with his pants around his ankles or has taken them off all together.  Just have to be patient I guess!  Around two years from now I have to do this all again with Dylan!

becky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2011 at 2:20pm
Wow you guys are getting through your pregnancys quickly!!

I wouldnt worry too much about the c-section Amelia mine was easy as the spinal tap doesnt hurt and then its bliss as you feel nothing and then you have a baby!

This time I am trying for a VBAC as I want to experience labour as this could be my last pregnancy unless we get two boys then will have to convince DF that a fourth is not that bad!

As for TT Kade is fully tt during the day however still has a night nappy the biggest thing I have noticed is the amount of toilet paper he manages to use Im thinking he actually eats it!!

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2011 at 4:03pm
wow Becky you are almost there! How exciting!

How is TTing going Leanne? We are pretty sorted during the day here but are still doing night nappies. I am not sure how I am going to get out of that one as Alex is a big drinker at night so pees heaps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2011 at 8:25pm
henna how did the scan go? did you find out the gender? I'm sure you've been asked that a hundred times already hmm yes mother nature can be a bit unfair sometimes- you'd think considering how much sleep you don't have with a newborn, that when you are pregnant you should be able to sleep like a log and catch up hehe!

wow becky, almost there! how exciting good luck with the birth, I hope you can get the VBAC. hehe that's so true about the kids and toilet paper- I'm sure I change our roll each day!!!

Lea are you still trying with the toilet training? hope it's going well

Charli-Rose has just started sleeping at night w/out a night nappy! figured out that by waking her and taking her to the toilet at 10.30, she then stays dry over night. Someone gave me that idea and I was soooo reluctant: sometimes we've only just gotten her to sleep by then! Decided I'd try it one night and if she wouldn't go back to sleep I'd never, EVER do it again...surprisingly it's gone so well! So who knows this might be the end of big kid nappies! Might hang onto the ones we've got til after baby comes as I hear sometimes older children can regress a bit with the jealousy and stuff. has anyone here had that happen?

catisla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catisla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2011 at 9:09pm
Hello all!
Amelia - i would say that there is enough time for Charli-rose to get properly night trained and into the habit before the wee one comes.

Catriona is just about tt'd now - still in pull ups over night (that will probably continue for a while).

exciting Becky! hope the birth goes well and you get the birth you want.

What are you all doing for 3rd birthdays?

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2011 at 8:03am
Amelia scan was great! Little ratbag was most uncooperative though so we have to head back to get a better look at things and hopefully things time he or she will let us have a peek. Was so funny when she went to check out the legs the were closed and feet crossed was so funny! And what a mover! I am not feeling much though as placenta is anterior so will not feel to much until bubs is a bigger.

Susie we had a family lunch for Alexs third a week before his birthday as Beau was heading back to work. Alex loves it when everyone comes over here so we just did it at our house. On his birthday most of the family came to visit at some point and my family stayed for tea.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2011 at 1:43pm
great to hear the scan went well oh cheeky monkey: sounds like s/he was definitely sure they didn't want you to know if his/her feet were crossed too! hope it all goes well at the next scan too and that bubs is more co-operative. maybe try feeding him/her before hand: that did the trick at our 12 week scan hehe!

susie we are hiring a playcentre-type place and having lots of friends round for a shared afternoon tea. pretty laid back: we haven't got the money for anything flash lol so as long as her friends are there and we have some toys to play with, that's what matters to us we go to a coffee group in the mornings with 5 toddlers and we all do such different celebrations.

what are you planning?

Charli-Rose is so excited about the baby sleeping in her room (after she grows out of the basinett) but Charli still won't sleep through (post september earthquakes last year) so I'm kinda hoping that a bit of motivation will help her, eg "If you don't stay in your bed the whole night then baby XXXX can't stay in your room". hopefully that helps!

kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2011 at 10:52pm
Wow, lots to catch up on! Glad pregnancy is treating you well (mostly!) Heather, Amelia & Becky. Hope you get your VBAC, Becky, that would be so neat!

That sounds like fun, Amelia. I'm still undecided for Bethany's... we might celebrate it the day before and have an afternoon tea here I think, as she's sooooo excited about her birthday (the build-up started from Daddy's birthday in April, then Kaitlyn's in May and mummy's in June and countless extended family birthday's since then...!). Have you decided to stay put in Chch? (Sorry if I missed that in a post :P)

Well, Bethany's temp finally came down that week after 3 visits to A&E. Still no idea why, although since then I've noticed she now has all her teeth... so maybe that's all it was. Kaitlyn stayed well from that bug but caught another, as they do! We were actually all well this week, apart from Kaitlyn being a bit fragile after her 15mth imms last week.

After doing so well with TT, Bethany went totally backwards and got terrified of the toilet. It made for a very challenging month of needing mummy's physical and emotional support every time she needed the toilet. I can only assume it was related to a) being worried that a poo might jump back out and eat her (!) or b) once the toilet roll holder fell off under her weight as she got on/off the toilet. It's been a looooong road, but just this morning she finally took herself off to the toilet again (we've reinstated the 'ducky' toilet seat with handles) and she's much happier. Oh yeah, and while a friend and her daughter were staying here for a week last holidays, I started a chart for Bethany. Every morning we checked and if she was dry, she got a sticker. If not, we said "maybe tomorrow!" By the end of four weeks she'd had 10 days straight with no night wetting, and has been in undies ever since! Very exciting, I'm so proud of her :-)

Random question... does anyone else have plans to stop at two (children, that is!)? I've been finding it hard as I would dearly love to have another child, but I've had to come to a place where I accept that Mike is not in a place where he'd like more, and financially we are very tight as it is. I've had a few low moments over it, which feels really awful, because I dearly love my two precious girls and feel so so so blessed that it seems wrong to wish for more, especially when some people can't have any children. I think I just hadn't realised how much I had 'planned' my life without thinking, simply by imagining it with 3-4 children. I feel like I have to undo all my dreams/plans and be happy to stop at two... when I should simply be content and awed that I HAVE two beautiful girls. Sigh, a woman's mind is hard to understand... sometimes I wish I wasn't so complicated lol! Anyone have any idea what I mean? Sorry for the ramble :P

Kaitlyn's chatting heaps and saying/doing new things all the time at the moment which is absolutely gorgeous. I think Bethany is struggling a bit with her sister being in the limelight, I feel like I'm having to constantly be on top of her behaviour at the moment. We've started a chart and she's really responding well - it's become a tangible way to teach her the 'right' thing to do. Kaitlyn of course has to get in on the action too :) Bethany is so protective of her (in the same breath as throwing herself on top of her so they both tumble to the ground :S) and they dote on each other.

Sorry for the long post - and for if I missed anyone, hugs to all, it's been so long! xx

Edited for typos :P

Edited by kmarie

twins in heaven Oct07
Is 40:11 "He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart."
catisla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catisla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 8:20am
hope you all doing well - glad the scan went well Heather.

We're not having a party this year - we have kindy gym in the morning of her birthday and then i will take her into town to meet Daddy for lunch somewhere.

we are going out for a little (unofficial!) mcdonalds party with two of her friends at the weekend. She has got a good present though - a train set with a table that we got off trade me - just hjave to find somewhere to set it up in our tiny lounge!

Lea455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lea455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 10:00pm

Hi all, I haven't checked the forums for a few weeks and it appears that everyone has been chatting up a storm!  Well after two weeks of toilet training I came to the conclusion that Ethan wasn't ready after all, he was keen as at the start but towards the end of the second week I had to drag him to the toilet and he'd sit on it for all of 5 seconds and he never did anything in the toilet the whole two weeks.  Several people reckon the best method is to wait for warmer weather and let him run around in a pair of regular undies without pants over top (ie to save washing) so he gets the true feeling of being wet/dirty so I think I'll try that in a couple of months time.

For Ethan's birthday we are having a fairly low key birthday at home with family and a couple of friends.  This is the first year he actually knows what a birthday is so he's getting quite excited I think.  We are getting him a bike and because he's so tall (106 cm) we have skipped the trike stage and are getting him a 16 inch bike with training wheels so that he gets a few years use from it. 

Dylan is 7 1/2 months old now and it is so much fun watching the boys interact. Ethan is constantly kissing his little brother!  I think Dylan is going to be a bottom shuffler as he rocks on his bottom and I swear he's moved a couple of times when I haven't been looking.  His execema was under control for about 2 months but for the past three weeks his face has permanently been red and itchy again, he was sleeping through the night but now he often wakes up not due to hunger but because hes so itchy.  Sometimes he scratches so much during the day (at night he wears mittens) that his face starts bleeding!  Currently waiting on an appt at the hospital with the pediatrician who is consulting with a doctor from out of town as to what to do now as hes already on the strongest creams and the special allergy formula.

Kristy, I always had planned on having two children and now that I have two children I am sure that is the right number for me.  I just feel that I wouldn't be able to give more children enough one on one quality time (obviously people do find time but it must be hard). 

All the best Becky for the next few weeks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2011 at 7:57pm
kristy: we've decided to stay in chch til after the baby is born. With having such terrible PND last time, they have great services down here that aren't anywhere else in NZ. We had been TTC for a little while and I thought "maybe we ARE meant to be in Tauranga?" so decided that that would be the last month we would try...then HELLO BABY hehe so it was definitely meant to be down here

it's so cute when they get excited about birthdays! we go to a coffee group where all the children are born within a month of each other and Charli is the youngest so she always gets soooo excited (and I get to steal party ideas ) Hope that Bethany has a great birthday

yay about dry nights :-) those sticker charts work magic hehe

with the two kid thing: I definitely don't plan to stop at 2 lol unless things are really hard this time round (PND wise) then I think it wouldn't be fair on my family to have more than 2. Do you think it's a time thing with Mike? Like he might change his mind later? Don't feel guilty though about wanting more. you ARE grateful for your two healthy girls, I can tell I think as long as you are, and you are respectful and sensitive if you have friend that can't have kids, then just go with what you are feeling. Some women are more than happy with two, some never even wanted the one they have and mistreat them, others can't imagine life without a rugby team full of children...there's no right or wrong.

If you had asked me 2 years ago there would be no way in hell I'd have another child again, but here we are with a very much wanted baby on the way. Maybe Mike will change his mind as the girls get a wee bit older, or finances get easier, and he sees how much it means to you. Just don't close the door to the idea, but try not to brood too much on it either. That'd be my advice anyway

Edited by mummytobesep08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2011 at 8:02pm
lea sounds like a good idea waiting til warmer weather. If he's not ready, he's not ready- but it sounds like you're pretty ok with that which is great way better than getting caught up in the "but sally down the road was TT at 2 years" thing!
he will get there eventually, and they say boys take longer. In our coffee group neither of the boys have even started TT ing yet (same age as our wee ones)

aw that's no good about Dylans skin! I hope the doc at the hospital can help. they will have some things up their sleeves that you don't know about yet.

hope Ethan has a great party. bike is an awesome pressie! We have one for charli too: same thing, skipping the trike and going straight for a bike with training wheel as she's so tall.

I hope Catriona has a great birthday too! she will love the train set

Edited by mummytobesep08

becky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 2:35pm
Hey Kristy I have been thinking the same lately and I have just added two newborns! I always imagined three children three pregnancies! I feel like I have one more pregnancy in me and therefore another baby. When I was at the hospital a midwife said to me you never regret the children you have only the ones that you dont!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2011 at 9:12pm
congrats Becky on the birth of your twins!

Lea455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lea455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 10:29am

Congratulations Becky, hope everything is going well and that Kade is enjoying being a big brother!

Well Ethan's 3rd birthday has come and gone, he had a great birthday, it lasted about 5 days!  The party was on the Saturday before his birthday, he was throughly spoilt, lots of little presents but in additon to the bike from us his other "big" present was a remote controlled helicopter from his uncle and auntie!  I think it will be a while before we give Ethan the remote control somehow esp since the box says for 14+!  Then on Sunday hubbys parents came to visit (as couldn't make party due to lambing).  Monday at Music and Movement everyone sang Happy Birthday and he got a balloon (his actual birthday), Tuesday another pressie arrived in the mail and on Wednesday at preschool they made a fuss of him!

Well the weather finally seems to be getting a bit warmer, isn't it great to be able to get outside more with our active 3 year olds!

Lea455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lea455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 9:29pm

Hi all, just thought I'd bump our forum to show up in the "posts in the last month" page!

Sad week this week, Ethan doesn't seem to need a nap anymore.  He happily takes one but it seems to refresh him too much and he was getting out of bed at night constantly, finally giving in to sleep somewhere between 9.30 and 10 pm!  So past couple of days I haven't given him a nap and hes been ready for bed by 7.30 and no getting back up!

Amelia, Heather you two are getting closer to meeting no 2 now, you must both be due around February?  Once Christmas is here, time will just fly.  Its hard to believe this time last year I was nearly 7 months pregnant, seems like Dylan has been around forever now.  Hes in no hurry to crawl but has wonderful balance holding onto the tips of my fingers or furniture so he might just be one of those babies that walk before they crawl!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126>