FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAugust and Sept ’08 Mums and Bubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 126>
Author
first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 9:36am
ButterflyMum best of luck with your first day at home without DH. My Dh goes back to work tomorrow but he hasn't been around to help out too much this past week as he's had a big assignment due so I'm not too worried about him going back to work.
DS seems to be struggling a bit with wind last night. Took me ages to get him to sleep and the poor wee boy projectile vomited two entire feeds up in a row. NOT pleasant. He seems to be doing better this morning. I wonder if it was the chocolate I ate yesterday afternoon.

Sponsored Links

LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 1:14pm

So now I can join in!! Seems strange that hes here now after waiting all this time.

Leah is coping well.......so far!! Facinated with me feeding Joel and wants to be sitting right with me.

Anyway off for a sleep now while I can.

first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 10:19am
Leah sounds so cute. Welcome to the 08 Aug bubs.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 11:00am

Yeah she is, altough this morning as I was feeding Joel, she was trying to put her shoes on his head not such a good look!!!

maysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2008 at 12:03pm
will def do that Deb, I'll prob PM you next week. I took Lily to town quickly yesterday cause I had to deposit some $$ for a trademe purchase and we stopped in at the chemist - all the ladies there came and had a look and an 'ooh shes so little'. Isn't it nice how babies make people so happy?!

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2008 at 1:11pm
O know what you mean. Well life has resumed this week to normal well as normal as can be with bubba. Got a great routine going at the momnet with everything Ems is 3 hourly. I have even managered to to have a shower every day
Deborah Mum to:

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2008 at 1:16pm
And you managed to post the book to me! Thank you so much. :)
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2008 at 1:17pm
Can you let me know your routine?

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2008 at 5:08pm
wow butterflymum a routine =) Alex is totally still in control of how we live our lives at the mo    We took him to meet my grandmother yesterday and it was so nice cos my Aunty and Uncle from Africa were still there and so they got to meet him too.

How are you feeling Kelpa? Hope things are getting better for you.
Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 10:27am
Yes Im feeling a little better...trying to talk those negative feelings out every time I start feeling them. I have the ladies from MMH coming on Monday so will be good to talk to them plus I think my pills are starting to work as well.

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 11:19am
My plessure Fiona.
As far as my routine goes. I try to get Ems feed before the boy wake which is about 6am then she is straight back to bed(well not this morning WQe had crap morning). Then I go have a shower boy's usually destroying house, but I know if I don't get my shower I will feel yuck and unmotivated all day. then feed the boy's and myself get washing on and tidy house make bed's all in time to get Ems up and get to pre school by 10am.   To be honest I ahve no idea how I have mamanged so far I keep waiting for the baby high to wear off.   I am tired, but seem to cope on what sleep I am getting. Course with all this my poor DH has not had any wife time. Oh well i just waffling now. So going to go See if I can get some order to my house before DH get's home.
Deborah Mum to:

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 11:22am
Kelpa my best advice is to make sure you get a shower bath or something in the morning it alway's makes you feel load's better if you can feel clean. One of the thing's I talked to my MMH nurse about was this one of the first sign's of me not coping is I stop gwtting dressed and my kid's spend the day in their pj's don't get me wrong we have pj day's and they are great., but after I had Mikey when I got PND we had pj weeke's. Which was so no good for me.
Deborah Mum to:

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 5:38pm
Glad you are feeling a little better Kel.

A question for those of you with more than 1. Alex has started working on poop which is more poopish now than liquid is this normal? I am guessing it is cos he isn't getting upset at all just seems to have to work a bit the poor little boy.   Most of the time he doesn't actually do anything just makes the noises and hunches up like he is trying too.

Edited by Henna79
Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 10:48am
Yes they can make a HUGE deal out of doing or working up to doing a poo......it can also be trapped wind they dont like the feeling of and are trying to get away from...
Brennan makes huge grunting noises when he is trying to poo..which is usually when he is feeding...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 11:19am

So....oh my god, my nipples are sooo sore What have you ladies done to help this, this morning feels like broken glass being pushed into them when he's feeding, not good I can tell you

Other than that and being up for 4-5 hrs last night, its all good here. My stitches were really sore yesterday but seem much better today so thats something.

We are now at the explosive poo stage, so its all moving along as it should.

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 11:52am
thanks Kel.

Lisa my mum told me to air them out. So you could try that and also maybe cabbage leaves. I think they help with when your milk comes in but if they are lovely and cold might help with nipples as well.
first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 10:31am
Nipple cream!!! I used it alot in the first week. Mine is a purple tube-can't remember what its called but it realy helped. Plus use you milk to spread over your nipple then let them air dry. they do get better eventually.

Kelpa I don't have PN/D but i second the shower thing-i always feel so much better after my shower. Sometimes it means leave DS to cry while i shower but it doesn't harm him and he has a better mummy after i've showered.

Iwas wondering how much sleep everyone was getting? i seem to be getting more now that DS is here than when i was carrying him.
Also where do you feed at night? I've been feeding while sitting in bed as its so cold to get up. DS is a quick feeder so i don't think it is to disruptive of DH's sleep.

maysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 11:52am
Lisa I had the same problem for the first week. I used breastmilk and paw paw ointment. all good now. she was latching properly it was just that she was feeding so much and my nipples werent used to the activity!!
Im getting enough sleep but would love a full night uninterrupted. And now that Lily is in her own room I do her night feed in there with a torch! I think i mght try and time our next baby for oct/nov so its not so cold!!!

first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 12:40pm
maysie i'm glad to her that lily is in her own room im starting to think about putting DS into his room at night. I like him nearby but i also like to have some space that is baby free.

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 2:46pm
I think I may get a little less sleep. I also feed in bed at night and find it way easier than getting up. We have a tv in bedroom and as Alex take about an hour to feed I hae started watching it to keep me awake when feeding    DH is home for another 2 weeks and so I have been lucky enough to only have bubs to focus on as he takes care of everything else.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 126>