FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAugust and Sept ’08 Mums and Bubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 126>
Author
first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2008 at 10:55am
cat you soubd like you are doing a fantastic job with your boys even if dh is being a poo.
i can relate to the vmiting. i was just reading that part of your post when DS vomited all over me. I think i let my milk down too fast when he first latches ad so he guzzles and then finds it too much for him ad vomits. funny thing is once he's vomitted he wants right back onto the breast and he enjoys a slower meal. maybe i should express some off before he feeds??

Sponsored Links

LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2008 at 10:58am

am trying to put photos on, bear with me on this, may take a while, I have Leah helping!!!

Joel at 6 minutes old

Free image hosting by http://www.holdthatpic.com/

Joel and big sister Leah and me

Free image hosting by http://www.holdthatpic.com/

Edited by LisaD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2008 at 11:03am

Getting the hang of this photo thing now, will post more later!!!

first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2008 at 3:32pm
Lisa he really is cute. I love the family picture. DS is three weeks old and we still don't have one of the three of us yet. Need to employ a friend me thinks.

maysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2008 at 4:03pm
first i think youll find there will hardly ever be photos of you with him - us mums are the ones who take all the phtoos!!

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2008 at 5:24pm
Lisa your babies are gorgeous!! What does big sister think of her little brother?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2008 at 6:55pm

Thanks guys, they are cute but then I am very biased!

Leah thinks Joel is great, she is constantly asking for cuddles and sitting beside me on the couch with her arms out, of course then she says enough and lets him go as well. She likes to pat his back to help burp him and is facinated by his boy bits!!!

There are hardly any photos of me with Leah when she was little so I made sure to get some this time round.

On a happy note, we seem to have sorted the feeding thing out and my nipples are just about all better after last weekends mauling, both cracked and blistered and bleeding, so had 2 days of expressing and formula top ups and by tuesday we were back feeding again and so far so good.

Whats really good is that 9/10 times I will put him down awake into his bassinet and he self settles within a few mins, some times he just lies there and stares at the wall but never makes a sound and it can be half an hour before he nods off long may that continue!!

Hope you all have a good weekend, my sister has come to visit with her 2 boys, luckily they are staying at my parents just around the corner, so at least I can send them away when i've had enough!!

cat007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2008 at 1:00pm
I think we are getting sorted on the wind thing - using gripewater in their bottles and religiously burping every 20mls that they drink. Hard work but at least its coming out.

I am so over breastfeeding mainly wish I could quit at night but then it doesnt seem so bad during the day. I will hang in there.

Boys are now in separate bassinettes as they have grown too much. They spend a lot of time awake at night so we are trying to keep them up a bit more during the day.

Ive also been told to drop the early morning feed now as they are big enough not to need it. So I feed at 10:30pm and then again at 7am. However, they seem to want one or two feeds inbetween so instead of dropping the feed I have ended up doing extra in the last couple of nights - I cant win!

Im still very tired and DH is still being a poo. On a better note - I am going out clothes shopping to find a pair of black pants - and so far am not getting depressed over my weight - yet. I actually am enjoying the shopping this time round. Ive decided that I cant live in jeans only - its all I have to wear and even then if I get vomited on I have only an old ripped pair to change into. Need more clothes!
first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 10:33am
Clothes being vomitted on is a problem - I keep running out of clean clothes and that is with me washing every day. I just don't have enough clothes. I will put of clothe shopping for as long as I can though as I hate shopping.
Interesting that you are being told to drop your morngin feed alread cat. I would love to drop my morning feed for DS but he religiously wakes every three hours for a feed. I don't think he'd settle if I didn't feed him yet he only has very small feeds at night so I'm thinking he could probably make the drop.
Has anyone successfully dropped that morning feed yet?

gypsynita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsynita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 11:41am
where do you get gripewater from? Cian's been really fussy lately and just won't settle, I think it's wind and general consensus seems to be that gripewater will sort it out...

I had a really sh*tty weekend - mastitis in first one breast then the other, accompanied by fevers so absolutely exhausted!! It's so hard being sick when you've still got a hungry baby to feed! I actually wonder how much of Cian not settling is him picking up on me being tired and grumpy.

Cat - my DH was being a bit of a poo too - until I gave him the hard word on Saturday. The turn around was phenomenal!! I think it may have been the tears that were the final decider (I don't cry much)
Anita
Mum to Cian (Aug 08), Josh (Jun 10)

Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 11:44am
Which feed are you talking about?

I also am running out of clothes....well clothes that look half pie decent and that I feel remotely OKAY in!

cat007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 1:09pm
I was told to drop the feed at about 2am in the morning. I have tried for 3 nights now and havent had any success - they keep waking up for a feed anytime from 2-3:30am. Last night they fed at 10:30pm, woke again at 3:30am and then slept through the 7am feed but thankfully woke at 8am. They must still need a middle of the night feed.

I found gripewater at the supermarket - in the baby aisle. It seems to work quite well for me - gets the wind up pretty easily and quickly after giving it to them. I find that burping them through the feed really helps too.

Gypsynita - you poor thing getting mastitis - have you been able to continue breastfeeding?

I got a new pair of black jeans which I am stoked about - DH wasnt sure about them because he is not used to me wearing something as fashionable as what I bought. It should last me for ages - at least if I put on weight or loose it, they should fit me for a while. I am just going to have to make do with them - even to dress-up. I tried to find a pair of black dress pants but was too worried about spending a fortune on them incase my weight changed and I couldnt fit them in a few weeks etc.
first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 1:11pm
you can get gripe water from foodtown its in the baby section.
I wonder if its just normal for babies to go through an unsettled stage at just about three weeks because I am noticing that all of us are going through an unsettled stage at just about the time??

gypsynita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsynita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 1:49pm
oh cool - thanks guys I'll have to look next time I do the groceries...

Yep still breastfeeding, apparently it's the best thing for it - but it really really hurts!! cracked nipples were a dream in comparison

first - yeah I wondered if it was just a stage thing too. Me and DH figured that Cian's just figured out that if he cries he gets picked up so is making the most of it! lucky they're so cute at this age...
Anita
Mum to Cian (Aug 08), Josh (Jun 10)

Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 2:39pm
Gee thats early to drop the middle of the night feed?????

Brennan slept from 9 until 2 last night.....of course I didnt as Mark away this week so was all anxious again...maybe tonight we might try again altho tonight might be going on til midnight while I find my feet around orgnanising all of them and getting everything sorted for the morning...looking forward to my shower tonight.

Brennan had to have blood tests today as he is all jittery and little bottom lip quivers all the time...was awful!

first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 9:17am
Kelpa that mst have been nasty having to take Brannan for a blood test.

Last night DS slept so well. Finally went to sleep at 2130 then stired for a pit stop at 0230 but really just wanted a cuddle and quick burp as he didn't really drink anything and was back down again in 15mins. Then he stired again at 0430 but this time took even less milk and went back to sleep. (I tried forcing him to wake and eat but this little guy is asleep when he's asleep) At 640 he woke had BM so changed him then feed him a good feed and he went right back to sleep again. May he continue with the 2130-0230 sleep!

Is this happening to anyone else? DS sleeps well most of the day and night but come 430-2200 he is terrible. We give him his bath in the evening but even on the nights where he doesn't have a bath he just wont sleep. He's not particularly unsettled he just wont go to sleep. He tends to have one extra feed during this time but on the whole is content though a lot bit windy.

Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 10:01am
First .....

I think that is generally an unsettled time for many babies.....and lots of people do cluster feeding or something..which I have read can make them more irritable and not settle as their bodies are trying to digest food all the time and then they get upset cause it hurts so think they want to feed again as that makes them temp soothed and its a vicious cycle....guess thats why the 3/4 hourly routines seem to work once in place cause their little tummies are doing the job properly.....

Have you all seen that Dunstan website re what noises babies make...google it..quite interesting....lots of things on youtube for it too.

maysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 1:51pm
I have heard of the 3rd week being unsettled, but they seem to change each week!!
First, Lily is very predictable for us from around 6pm - midnight - she will feed on and off and nap but wont stay asleep in the bassinette for more than 1/2 hr, she wants to be held! i did notice that some of the time she is only sucking so have reluctantly introduced a dummy for those bits because itts too hard on my poor nipples! she'll take it but not fior long.
Im loving this mother stuff, i dont even miss work - i thought i would

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 7:42pm

So, already day 14, time is going so fast....with Leah I don't really remember much of the first 6 weeks, everything is a bit of a blur what with BF then bottle top ups and expressing, and not settling very well, with Joel he is just BF and settles really well, pretty much straight away.

Seem to have sorted the sore boobs thing out, turns out I had a staph infection in both nipples, my MW gave me a script for some antibiotic cream which I have used for a week and its healed nicely. Still sore when he first latches on, but settles down and can feed quite happily.

He was weighed today, and he has put on 180grams this week, so good to know he is putting on weight just with breastmilk alone.

Hope everyone else is doing great too. Stitches starting to feel much better as well, soooo happy about that!

maysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 3:02pm
Lily is now 8lb 9oz!! shes gained 1/2 pound in a week. was so relieved cause i thought she wasnt getting enough at night with the constant feeding she does. all ok though mw told me yesterday of a baby 2 days older than her who hasnt slept more than 2 hrs at a time since they came home from hospital! i would have gone absolutely crazy by now if we ha that. right, should really have some lunch!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 126>