FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNoriday Pill???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Noriday Pill???
    Posted: 19 August 2008 at 4:49pm
Anybody used it? What's it like? Do you still get a period every month?

I used it after Neosha for 2 cycles but it was awful and caused break through bleeding but then I have had issues with most birth control so I can't really give good advice.

Just trying to help out a friend with advice, she has been given Noriday from her doctor becuase she can't take a combined pill but didn't ask any questions DUHHH lol so I said I will come and ask you ladies.. ahhhh a wealth of knowledge here lol

Oh she said she has to take 2 a day?????????????????????????

Edited by NeoshasMummy

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
Sponsored Links

Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 4:52pm
i use noriday, but i have to take 3 YES 3 a day as i had really bad bleeding, pretty much got my AF every 2nd week!! now its every 5 wks and id tried millions of other pills
a friend of mine doesnt get her AF at all on noriday
so i guess it just depends how your body reacts to it

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 5:00pm

I've just started this pill, so will be interested to hear how others were on it.  I hope it doesn't cause me spotting.  If so, I won't be on it for long.

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 5:42pm
There is anothe thread about this pill in the First baby?Second or More section here

A lot of us have already been on this and had issues with it...
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 5:56pm

It is evil, well I think it is evil. But any pill makes me bleed all the time.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 7:03pm
I'm on it and get AF every 28 days. Well, I did, it hasn't arrived so far this month I took a few months to settle down, the first couple of the months I got AF every 2-3 weeks, but for the last 5 or so months it's been every 28 days without fail (except this month).
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 7:46pm
i think it generally takes a few months to settle down after starting noriday........i gave up after 3mths and just went back to condoms

i was on femulen before and had no problems at all, but that was before i got preggy with jack and now it's not subsidised anymore

GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 9:34am
I started off on Femulen about 8 years ago and then moved to Noriday when it stopped getting subsidised. I found both of them great, took one a day and had regular cycles with no break through bleeding the whole time.

There were a few times that I knew my period was due and I didn't want it so took two a day instead of one which was prob a bit dodgey but did the trick!
VannesaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VannesaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 12:06pm
I was taking Noriday and found it fine. Got AF every month like clock work and never had any break through bleeding. There are so many pills and so forth out there that unfortunately for some it is a matter of trial and error until you find what works best for you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 1:13pm
I have updated her. She said the only ones she can take is Cerazette and Noriday, Noriday was supposed to be the better option of the two for her. She hasn't had kids so they don't want her to have an IUD and Diaphrams are only good with condoms becuase she is young and also her weight fluctuates so thats no good for her. The problem she has is she gets thrush from condoms so I hope noriday works out for her I guess the last option is abstinence

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 1:31pm
I was on Noriday...the pink box right?? Well I had that after having Z and I was told this is the best for B/Fedding mums...I never and I mean NEVER got my AF.

I stopped it when TTC #2 and couple of months later (still with out AF) got pregnant.

So no complains there at all!!

Just had a look at one site and it list all side affects and one of them is cyst on Overies...AAAHHHAAA...so thats where my cyst came from!!

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 2:26pm
Did they say why Cerazette wasn't preferred over Noriday?? Reason why I ask is because Cerazette is a new pill (so it's not subsidised yet, which may be why - $45 for 3 months supply) and is more advanced (for want of a better word) as it isn't as strict as the usual mini pill. You have to take it at the same time every day, but it is slightly more lenient as you have up to 12 hours to take it if you forget (instead of 3) and antibiotics aren't supposed to affect it's success rate. I was on it prior to Noriday but when we bought our house the budget didn't quite stretch to it anymore.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 3:19pm
hmmmmmmm interesting... no she didn't say why cerazette wasn't the preffered option, just that she would give it a go if Noriday doesn't work out for her so I hope everything works out ! It must be so stressful having every method fail I know I have alot of problems as well but still wouldn't resort to going back on the pill- just not for me

Thanks for all your input ladies!

Oh she just told me that she couldn't get the combined pill because of her weight????? I had no idea that had anything to do with it! She said she is 102kgs (also said she didn't mind me sharing because nobody knows her hehe) she is fitter than me though and runs every day, is very tall as well so what's the deal?

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 3:38pm

Your weight does have an impact on the pill, my gyne told me this when we were trying to work out which pill would make me stop bleeding.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 4:09pm
whoa I never knew that, my doc never weighed me when i was taking the pill, but I was tiny back then so I guess it wasn't relevant. Interesting to know though!

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
 Post Reply Post Reply