FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"WHY?"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "WHY?"
    Posted: 20 August 2008 at 1:07pm
youre kidding me that this has started already....she not even 18 months old and I am already getting .....

"why?"

ugh WHY?
Sponsored Links

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 1:18pm
Ahahahahaha! Well someone had to get it first. Better you than me BS

KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 1:21pm
Ugh I'm not looking forward to that. I just get "what's that/this?" all day long.....
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 1:25pm

Here I was worried that my daughter doesn't talk much when really I am just the lucky one.  I think I prefer silence to "WHY" and "WHAT".

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 1:54pm
I feel your pain! I get 'why?', 'whats that?' and now 'what you doing?' (though thats kind of cute ... for now). Admittedly he was 2 when he started, not 18 months!!! Precocious wee thing isn't she
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 2:00pm
oh yeah we have had the "wots dis?" "wot dat?"....and complete with hands in air...cute but oh so annoying....

WHY?
Shorty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 2:28pm
Lol please no I don''t want the why stage, we are at the what stage.

Our conversation could go
"what you doing mummy"
"at the toilet bubba"
"mummy big boy do poos on toilet"

PLEASE no why stage for a long time!

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 2:53pm

We have the whats that but I am dreading the why as Andrew was a pain with it.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 3:24pm

Originally posted by Bombshell Bombshell wrote:

oh yeah we have had the "wots dis?" "wot dat?"....and complete with hands in air...cute but oh so annoying....

WHY?

we are at this stage atm and it is driving me nuts already- and the finger pointing at everything (and then trying to figure out what she is pointing to).

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Tricia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 3:54pm
DH can't wait for all the why questions!! Ro is 15 months so Ithink we have a while yet :)
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Shorty Shorty wrote:

Our conversation could go
"what you doing mummy"
"at the toilet bubba"
"mummy big boy do poos on toilet"

LOL Will be funny when they start to announce this to other people on the phone too huh?
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 9:08pm
Ahh , the W questions

I got those from 14 months (c was speaking 3 word sentences by her first birthday )
,....they were great fun .....Enjoy !!! *evil laugh *
CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 12:33pm
Answer their why question and tag a question on for them. We got through the why? stage in about 2 weeks using that.

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 3:54pm
I'm not teaching her that word!
We get's "what's this/that" those I can handle lol
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 4:04pm
Cuties. Elle loves questions ATM so the other day when we were out, her phrase "what colour is that flower mummy?" (I kept asking her that question so she turned it on me...just testing to ensure I also know my colours I think!) morphed into "what is that flower doing mummy"? ROFL - who knew flowers could DO anything other than sit and look lovely!

Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 7:23pm
oh we have had it this weekend too...on way around supermarket she munched on grapes...we came out and..
Ella - "gape gape!!"
Mummy - "no more grapes"
Ella - "why?" (pitifully)
Mummy - "cause they are all gone now you ate them all"
Ella - "oh .....gone gone"

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 7:31pm
Wanna know the best thing? Once it starts, it doesn't stop! I still get "why, why, why" all the bloody time, the only difference is that now she expects actual real sensible answers instead of the mummy fob offs that used to work when she was two.

When she was two it would be "why is that man driving the car?" "coz he's going to work" "why is he going to work?" "coz it's time for him to go to work" "why is it time for him to go to work..." and so on and so on.

Now it's "why do I have to go to bed?" "coz it's your bed time" "why is it my bedtime?" "coz it's 7.30" "why is my bedtime 7.30?" "coz I'm the mummy and I said so" "whhhhhhhy?" (accompanied by much whining).

Ah yes ladies, it only gets better! I am oh so grateful for my gremlins who don't talk...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
jaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 8:17pm
This is why parents answer 'just because'. I always thought my sister was a cop out for saying that but I soon worked why.
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 12:59pm
oh Z haD the "why/what" period but a very short one! Thank GOD!!

But she has her "where are you mumma?" "where are you going mumma?", "what are you doing mumma?"......but Once I answered she would leave me alone for few hours!! YAY!!

Post Reply Post Reply