FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRicky Martin becomes a Dad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KiwiNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ricky Martin becomes a Dad
    Posted: 21 August 2008 at 7:25pm
Latin star Ricky Martin becomes a single dad to twins through a surrogate
By Daily Mail Reporter

Elated: Ricky Martin says he will a full-time dad to his twin baby boys
Ricky Martin is the proud new father of twin boys after enlisting a surrogate mother.

The Latin heart-throb, 36, has become a 'full-time father' after the unnamed mother gave birth to two little boys a few weeks ago.

Following his new role as father, Martin announced he will be stepping out of the spotlight to devote himself to his two sons.

A statement from the Puerto Rican singer's representatives reads: 'In recent weeks, Ricky Martin became a proud father by the birth of twin sons.

'The children, delivered via gestational surrogacy, are healthy and already under Ricky's full-time care.

Ricky is elated to begin this new chapter in his life as a parent and will be spending the remainder of the year out of the public spotlight in order to spend time with his children.'

The rep declined to release the babies' names or birth weights.

Martin has been coy over his private life since splitting from long-term girlfriend, Mexican TV host Rebeca de Alba in 2005.

The singer's sexuality has been the subject of much speculation over the years.

When asked about gay rumours by veteran U.S. broadcaster Barbara Walters in 2005, Martin said: 'I think that sexuality is something that each individual should deal with in their own way... and that's all I have to say about that.

'Thanks for giving me the opportunity to express the rumours... but, however, for some reason, I just don't feel like it.'

Martin's venture in parenthood follows years of campaigning for children's rights.

Martin's established the Ricky Martin Foundation to 'advocate for the welfare of children around the world' and has travelled around the world raising awareness of child-related issues as his role as Goodwill Ambassador to UNICEF (United Nations' Children's Fund).

The Livin' La Vida Loca star expected to return to the studio to record his next album in 2009.
PAM
Sponsored Links

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 7:55pm
well, good on him - it was never going to happen the "usual" way so ...
 Post Reply Post Reply