FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBulky nappies vs small baby

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alianasmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alianasmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bulky nappies vs small baby
    Posted: 25 August 2008 at 9:12pm
I am just starting on the whole MCN business.
We are still supplementing with disposables because its taking me a while to choose from all the gorgeous nappies out there.
My fav at the mo are our Honey Child Watermelon. I am sticking to pockets for the moment otherwise my head is going to explode with choices!
My question though is all the stuffing of pockets makes for a very bulky nappy, Ali is only small (10 wks) and looks so cute with such a huge bum but when she starts crawling will this impact on her development and the same goes for walking.
Also does any one have problems with the fleece being too warm during summer and creating rashes?
tickers" /></a>
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 9:16pm
We haven't had any rash issues with heat and the bum hasn't created any development issues for us. It's actually quite good padding when they fall down on their butt when they have been standing lol
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 9:17pm

My question though is all the stuffing of pockets makes for a very bulky nappy, Ali is only small (10 wks) and looks so cute with such a huge bum but when she starts crawling will this impact on her development and the same goes for walking. Nope not at all, Josh was in cloths fulltime from 5 months and he was a lazy baby but had no problems with walking and crawling with the nappies on

Also does any one have problems with the fleece being too warm during summer and creating rashes? Not at all, it is very breathable so no heat rashes.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 10:01pm
I found that Livvy did most of her learning to roll while her nappies were off. She was in a OSFA though so it was pretty bulky. But while she was learning, it was very hard for her to swing her body over her big nappy and so she would always roll better when she was having nappy-free time.
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 8:22am
The nappies will only be that bulky when shes little,...by the time she is crawling/walking she will be loads bigger and the nappies will fit heaps better too!
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 9:42am

Originally posted by Kellz Kellz wrote:

The nappies will only be that bulky when shes little,...by the time she is crawling/walking she will be loads bigger and the nappies will fit heaps better too!

Hehe thats what I was going to say!! Lukes nappies lost their bulk as he grew!! And now they are not really any bigger than a sposie...

Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 9:53am
Our son was in cloth right from the begining and has had no problems with his development in crawling (started by 6monyths) and walking (started by 8.5 months)

And yes they look big now, but as the others said they look a lot trimmer as they get older.
kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 12:05pm
What are you stuffing your HC nappies with? I would have thought that at 10wks you'd probably only need one standard insert, which shouldn't be too bulky (although if you're already in a medium it will be a bit bulkier to start with).

As for development issues, my first baby was in disposables and my second baby was in cloth from 5mths. My second baby actually did all of the physical milestones earlier than my first baby in disposables! I also agree that it's great for them to have the padding on their bum when they're learning to stand/walk

Alianasmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alianasmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 1:35pm
Awsome thank you all for your replies. Those were the only doubts i had and now i feel so much more confident in my choice. I am so loving nappies, i actually dreamed of them the other night! LOL

I was using 1 large insert and a small insert on her but yes i am using med size as she is growing so quickly! I have ordered some hemp boosters which will reduce the bulk hopefully.
tickers" /></a>
 Post Reply Post Reply