FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI can’t believe....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2008 at 7:42pm

Originally posted by Alianasmummy Alianasmummy wrote:

how often are you sposed to do that?

not that often. I've done it once in 1  year.

Sponsored Links

krisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2008 at 8:50pm
thanks heaps, had never heard of that before, so once a year is fine? or do you do it more often if you find that they arent as absorbant?

we are using some peapods and some home made (new off trademe) but am wanting to buy some more (love itti bitti ones!) any one recommend any??

my son is 11mths old and i am 3 1/2mths pregnant :)
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2008 at 10:02pm
krisha... I think I was doing it once every few months or so.

What you can do to check is run some water onto the fleece and see if it pools or is absorbed straight through the fleece.

If it pools then it's a build up issue that can be resolved (for a while) by stripping... if it absorbs through then it might be a sizing issue or absorbency issue (among other things!) that is causing leaks.

Hope that helps! And as far as recommendations go.... a hire kit?? That might help suss out what sort of system and brands work best for you. there are heaps of cute nappies around the place. By the time you have your babe you'll be an expert!
krisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2008 at 10:32pm
thanks heaps, :) not really having absorbancy issues, althou he is needing them changed every 2-3 hours.. is this normal? maybe i need to put more inserts in them!
]
kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2008 at 8:36am
Originally posted by krisha krisha wrote:

thanks heaps, :) not really having absorbancy issues, althou he is needing them changed every 2-3 hours.. is this normal? maybe i need to put more inserts in them!

Personally, I prefer to get 3-4hrs out out of my nappies. At about your son's age I found my nappies were only lasting around 2hrs so I started adding a booster to get us back to 3-4hrs of absorbency.

Alianasmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alianasmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2008 at 8:53am

Krisha wrote:
we are using some peapods and some home made (new off trademe) but am wanting to buy some more (love itti bitti ones!) any one recommend any??

As for recommendations, i havent tried many different types but we have a growing stash of Itti bittis and Honey Child and we love them both! I just got a stash of Fuzzis for my nearly 3 year old who refuses the potty. He slept in them last night for the first time, with a insert and a super soaker hemp insert and there were no leaks. He is a very heavy wetter too.

Miss Aliana hasnt had a leak from either itii or HC but would leak EVERY time we had her in a huggies sposie!
tickers" /></a>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123