FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedclomid and endo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: clomid and endo
    Posted: 13 September 2008 at 8:33am
Hi girls,

I just had a laparoscopy a few weeks ago and I think the next step is taking clomid (I think I have to wait a 2-3 months first to see if the op worked). Anyway, I'm pretty sure I already ovulate so not sure what difference clomid will make. Anyone with endo take clomid and get pregnant?
Sponsored Links

VioletStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VioletStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2008 at 11:41am
Hi ya Chelle,

I'm not sure about the endo and clomid bit but for when ladies who take clomid that already ovulate it's generally to try improve the quality (& possibly quantity?) of the eggs.

Good luck & feel free to join in on the Clomid Pill Poppers thread when you start

Edited by wishin41
Formerly Wishin41
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2008 at 2:37pm
Cool thanks, more eggs popping at sounds like a good plan too and same with better quality so that makes sense.

Got my next appointment on Tuesday so I'll find out more then :)
VioletStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VioletStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2008 at 3:12pm
Awesome!
Formerly Wishin41
kobec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2008 at 6:58pm
Hey Chelle i had a laparoscopy after nealy 2 years of trying before we were referred to the fertility clinic and I got pregnant the month after the laparoscopy. I am sure that is what helped me get pg. We have been ttc for no 2 for just about 2 years this time round and I think my endo is back but my gynaecologist won't do another laparoscopy as she isn't convinced that it helped me get pg.    So we are just about to try our 4th month of clomid (had a 6 month break after the first 3 cycles)

All the best and hopefully you won't even need to go on clomid as you will already be pg.....
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2008 at 6:17pm
That's a pain that your gynaecologist won't do another if it happened so quickly for you kobec. I hope I get a BFP that quickly after my lap too! Glad to hear it seems to make a difference
townie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 4:30pm
Heya I had endo and had lap and DNC and got preggas the month after, we weren't exactly trying, but I reckon it cleaned me all up and made such a nice place for a baby to grow. My baby boy is now 4 months old and will be interesting to see how I go when we try for number two in another year, whether the endo will be back again...
Emily281 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily281 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2008 at 10:59am
Hi Chelle
I had a lap back in August for endo and my surgeon didn't say anything about Clomid. He said after the op that I should try for another 6-12 months and if still not pg then go to IVF.
TTC#1: Jan 07
Aug 08: Lap found and excised Stage 3 Endo
Nov 08: 2nd lap clear - given OK to TTC after next AF
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2008 at 8:12pm
After going back to the doc the other week he didn't seem to think clomid was the answer either so I'm the same as you emily, he said see if the lap does the trick over the next few months and then early next year we can look at IVF but since we'll be paying I guess it will happen once we save the $$ hopefully the op does the trick though as it sounds like it has for a few of you.
 Post Reply Post Reply