FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 2008 Mum’s and bub’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 448>
Author
poohbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poohbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 5:31pm
I just realised that officially I shouldnt be posting in here seeing as Jackson ended up being born at the end of September, but I know you guys! Can I still stay in your little group??

Sponsored Links

emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 6:59pm
don't worry Tineke - I'm still posting in here too (officially a Sept mum now too) but you guys went through it all at the same time as me, so I feel like I can still hang out with you! What's a few days anyway amongst friends!?

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
cealz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cealz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 7:41pm
I'm still going to hang out in here too!

Fi, I hope you get your latching problem sorted out. It must be so hard when he is so hungry but you cant get him to feed.

Chonny I hope your weekend is going well and your nipple is healing.

Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 7:54pm
I plan to hang out here when my baby comes in November lol
catisla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catisla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 9:18pm
ha! i'm another one who posts in both oct and sept! by the time i got my due date confirmed i was well sucked in to the October crowd!

sonyaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonyaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 9:44pm
it cos we are so loveable aye hehe

SHAY 9
QUIN 7
2 angels @9wk 1 day on 30-04-09
our angel 6-06-07
FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 1:40pm

Hi ladies, well we are having a better day today!!! After our latching nightmares yesterday he just decided to be good and do it - weird still going to see an LC as he really struggles with latching but it does help if i'm not stressed.

Last night he would not have his late nap, had his last feed at 11 and slept until 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up in shock could not believe the time.

Inlaws are now driving me crazy, 5 days is a long time espcially when the weather is bad and we are all cooped up.

Ooh yes yesterday we managed to go out for the first time and get a coffee, and he slept the whole time - hoorah.

][/URL]

JoJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 4:15pm
Thats great Fi. J does a great sleep too, makes everything else so much better. I'm gettin sick of having visitors all weekend, last night we had to hide in James' room until he went to sleep and I could kick everyone out so I could sleep.
We went out for the first time yesterday to in laws and James got overtired and real grouchy, he loved the car though. He's been grouchy today so we tried a dummy which worked real well,
what are peoples opinion on dummy's? I'm not sure I want him to have one, but it seems quite useful.
catisla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catisla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 5:15pm
Hello Jo - before i had Catriona i was wayr over in the anti-dummy camp.

However, after realising she was using my boobs as a dummy i tried one out and haven't looked back since. She was such a comfort sucker (she would cry until i put her on the breast when she would suck for 10 seconds and then fall asleep). I say go for it with the dummy

catisla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catisla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 5:16pm
oh - hooray for a good sleep Fi!

ps. try coping with a fortnight of in-laws !

kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 5:39pm
Hehe I'm in the Sept/Oct camp too... but I think I'm the only one who was due in Sept but had bubs arrive in Oct

twins in heaven Oct07
Is 40:11 "He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart."
kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 9:49am
Hey guys,

Posted in the Sept thread yesterday... we had a nightmare of a day on Saturday and overnight, all cuz we made the mistake of picking up a book (the baby whisperer) and trying to follow it. Made me feel absolutely useless and like I had no clue and the most unconnected I've been with Bethany since the day I fell pregnant. Had more than my share of tears before we decided to throw it out the window. Took me most of yesterday to get back to trusting that I really can trust my own instincts when it comes to my baby, so we're back to going with what we feel is right, following our baby instead of a book.

Anyway to cut a long story short, after all that, I can't believe it... Bethany settled in her bed first try last night (as she has done from time to time anyway) and slept from 10:30pm to 4:30am! Then went back down at 5:20am and didn't wake up until just after 9am! (And all this with the help of no book, lol) That's the most sleep I've had in one shot since she was born. Hmmm actually prob since before she was born thanks to all those middle of the night bathroom stops you get used to when you're pg, lol. Yay!

Hey has anyone else had probs with a sticky eye?

Edited by kmarie

twins in heaven Oct07
Is 40:11 "He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart."
FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 11:31am

so get the temptation to throw books out sometimes, my little man was so awake after all feeds yesterday including the one at 3am.....and now I am a dummy convert I am fairly sure my man is a comfort sucker.

unsure how long you should let them feed for on either side - going to post a thread to ask.

Sticky eye, starting to get one, put some breast milk on it was what I was told to do, so I have, shall let you know how it goes.

Inlaws gone, final comment from them was a stressed mum = a stress baby, making me feel totally inadequate!!!!

][/URL]

catisla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catisla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 11:52am
Nice parting comment Fi!

Nearly as helpful as -"Well, we all have to make our own mistakes"

FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 12:51pm

yes it was, cos guess what now i'm stressed and he won't settle.

][/URL]

katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 12:57pm
That sucks them saying that. Just ignore it. What do they expect you to feel like with house guests and a new baby. It is so normal to feel stressed at the start even without inlaws staying. Don't let it get to you.
I went to the chemist when Oliver had sticky eye early on and they gave me some drops which helped. I have also heard the breast milk one but haven't tried it. You could ring your midwife if you are not sure.
Katie_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 5:08pm
So almost through Ash's first day as a 'normal baby'!!!

We got home yesterday afternoon. SO sureal.lol.

Ash is a total sucky baby, seriously so. I figure he's had a pretty crap first month of his life so I have been giving him a feed everytime he wants it and same as you susie, straight to sleep half the time) Don't know how long I can handle that, but it's what I am doing at the moment.haha.

We left his dummy at the hospital!!!! I am being mean and not letting him have it, it was great when we was being poked and prodded and hurt every half an hour, but now I reaaally want to see if we can get rid of it . . . . .

I can relate to the book throwing thing. . . .I had 4 weeks of nurses telling me to wait 2 - 3 hours in between feeds and would give me hell if I didn't "Are you feeding him AGAIN???" and I had to write down feeds so usually I lied and wrote every 3 hours.lol. So kinda the same, felt like I had to do all this stuff that really wasn't me. . and it didn't work really at all.

This morning I got 'myself' back and realised I was 'allowed' to do whatever I thought was best. Same as you guys . . . . so everyone and their comments can go jump! lol

Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 5:15pm
YAY!! How lovely it must be to have Ash all to yourself at last!! Congratulations Katie!!
FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 6:09pm

Such great news you are home Katie - really fantastic!!! Hope you are both settling in well.

][/URL]

poohbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poohbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 9:26pm
Wahoo Katie! Welcome home
I had the same thing in hospital and continue to get scrutinised by the home care nurse as to how often and how long he feeds, I just feed him when he wants it and yes he is a comfortsucker, he has a dummy but we dont really use it all the much, just in the middle of the night sometimes he needs a little more comfort than I can offer lol
The sticky eye thing- I have found that breastmilk worked for Jackson, just did it each feed for a few days and his eyes cleared up nicely.
I couldnt be arsed reading the baby whisperer or any other book about parenting right now, I can hardly concentrate enough to read the paper lol, I think us mums know our babies more than anyone gives us credit for, and my theory this time around is do what works! If you are happy with what you are doing continue doing it, if there is something you want to change then change it :)
I have found that Jackson loves to sleep on me, that would probably be hard but I got a sling so now he sleeps on me all day, doesnt bother me one bit cos I still have my hands free and am able to move around fine, but for others that would be a real problem. Anyways enough of my blabbering on about that!

We had our first baby antenatal get together yest, was really fun, all the babies and parents were there minus one (her baby had a cold), was cool to compare them all and see the differences in sizes and nice to see how all the others were doing. It was cool cos everyone was real honest, noone was competing as sometimes happens in antenatal groups.
Enough from me, might add a pic or two :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 448>