FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBleeding during early pregnancy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*Lou* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Lou* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleeding during early pregnancy
    Posted: 15 September 2008 at 7:35am
*****TMI WARNING**********

I seem to be able to find heaps on spotting while pregnant, but very little on proper bleeding! Can anyone help with advice or their own experience (good and bad)?

At 8 DPO I started spotting which turned into bleeding at 10DPO. I did a test anyway on 12DPO, and was shocked to see a very faint positive. A blood test that day confirmed pregnancy. I continued bleeding until 14DPO - in total I would say it was heavier than a normal AF. I have been having blood tests done twice a week which are showing a well above average HCG, but progesterone in the lower end of normal.

I have not had any bleeding or spotting until yesterday.

Yesterday (5 wks 4 days) I got the call to say my HCG was still looking good then 5 minutes after I got off the phone I had a HUGE bleed and AF like cramps. This seems to have reduced to spotting now. I am having another blood test done this morning, but am really stressed!

I would appreciate anyones experience with this. I have previously lost a baby at 5 weeks, but this seems different.

Sponsored Links

kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 8:02am
This may just be a stab in the dark, not having experienced any bleeding during preg except what lead to a mc last year but maybe you had two eggs and one wasn't viable and your body may be flushing to allow existing embryo to have the best chance.  Good luck for blood test this morning
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 8:27am
Good luck with the test results. There are a few women on here who have had full on bleeding and everything has been ok. With this pregnancy a heama something or other was picked up on the 7 week scan and they were surprised I hadn't had a bleed from it. What is was was something that is common and can occur when baby attaches but quite often causes spotting or a bleed, so maybe something like that has happen to you.

Rising HCG levels is a really good indication that things are progressing well, is your GP or LMC going to send you for an early scan?

kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 8:37am
haematoma?
Kerryn, Mum to
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 8:39am
No it was a haema something else...lol

kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 8:52am
hehe stopping thinking now, hurting head lol
Kerryn, Mum to
*Lou* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Lou* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 10:56am
Thanks Ladies

Bleeding seems to have stopped now. Fingers crossed it doesn't restart!

Kezplanet - I had wondered about the two egg thing last time I bleed - especially as I had ovulation pain on both sides this cycle. I'm really hoping that if that is the case that this doesn't mean that I'm losing both.

Today will seem so long till I get my results back!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 11:45am
Good luck with your bloods *Lou*! I had a huge bleed at 14 weeks with my last pregnancy, so bad my blood pressure dropped and I ended up in hospital, baby was fine and they never found a cause for the bleeding.

Funnily enough with missing/vanished twin pregnancies (where one twin is miscarried) the second embryo is usually absorbed back into the body rather than expelled as a traditional miscarriage so bleeding from losing a twin is somewhat of a myth. It does happen but only very occasionally.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 12:41pm
don't really know much about heavy bleeding this early in preg but I hope that things go alright for you and your wee bubs! *hugs*

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 12:42pm
I had bleeding with my first pregnancy, it started out red then went brown and was just spotting, I had a full blown m/c about 4 days after the spotting started.

Then with my last pregnancy I had the same thing, except I didnt m/c, my son is now 3 months old and they cant tell me where the bleeding came from.

I hope everything turns out good for you. The only thing that worrys me is that you said it was worse than a normal AF....
But then like some of the other ladies have said, they have had huge bleeds and gone on to have healthy babys.

*Lou* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Lou* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 8:05pm
Hi

Just thought that I would update this incase anyone is going through the same thing!

I am happy to report that I am still pregnant! I have had no more bleeding other than these two episodes.

I have had a scan and seen the heart beat. The doctor pointed out that there were two sacks, but only one had something in it. She thought that maybe this could have caused the bleeding.

Still early days for me, but I have my fingers and toes crossed that this baby sticks!
kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 9:22pm
Yay good news so far, hope that carries on!!!
Kerryn, Mum to
xox6Girls1Boyxox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xox6Girls1Boyxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 10:52am

Thts awesome news Lou..... I had a pregnancy very similar to yours with my now DD8 I had a scan done at around 5-6 weeks as I was unsure of dates and there were 2 yolk sacs but at that stage no fetal pole was detected in either, I had a bleed about 3 days after that scan and thought it was all over but I went back at around when I would have been 7-8 weeks and I had 1 little heartbeat beating away.

Things are looking very positive for you hun, Congrats

Post Reply Post Reply