FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnyone in the same boat?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Juzl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juzl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone in the same boat?
    Posted: 20 September 2008 at 8:29pm
Hi everyone,

I am 30 years old and TTC baby no 2. My partner and I have been trying for almost 21 months and are about to have fertility tests done as it has been this long.

I am sooo frustrated and feel so disappointed every time AF shows up, I guess after this long it starts to get to you. I also have 2 pregnant friends at the moment so it's really starting to get me down.

Anyone else out there in the same boat? I would appreciate any contact, whether it's just to vent or whatever.

I look forward to chatting!

Lots of love

Jules xo
Sponsored Links

honeybun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2008 at 1:45pm
Hi Jules, well we have been trying for our second for over 3yrs (unexplained group apparently) and we are booked in for IVF in December so I know how hard and frustrating it can be. I am guessing you didn't have any problems with having your first, but definitely start the fertility tests as you will feel better being proactive rather than just waiting and being disappointed each month. Come and join the girls in the infertility thread if you feel like it, has been a bit quiet lately as not too much happening with most of us recently but I am sure it will pick up again.
Mum to a gorgeous 5yr old girl and a beautiful baby boy.
chickpea View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 12:36pm
Hi there. I definately know what that is like my first baby was somewhat of a surprise and my 2nd took a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time... After 6yrs TTC we decide to get checked out and ended up doing IVF (not how I expected life to go). We now have an 11 year old and a 9mth old (and 2 frozen embryos).

You're definately in the right place to rant, cry, chat etc, it's definitely hard work trying to be happy and positive for your friends when you find out they are pregnant (I endured at least 10 I think).

Come and join the infertility thread... we really are lovely!!

Good luck with your fertility tests... we are here to listen and support you.
jin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2008 at 11:00am
hi girls !
ME TOOOOO !!

Our daughter happen before we even started trying ! and now going for number 2 its been over a year.

I was so arrogant and never thought this would happen to me!

Were doing everything right ...nothing differnt to last time :) and currently undergoing fertility treatment

Im getting totally consumed with my fertility/ or lack of it (staring down the barrel of 40 too which is adding to the stress)

i wish i had a $1 for every "just relax and forget about it and it will happen"

How do you do that!

i have just stopped talking about it and would love to have share the madness with others who are going through the same thing - people around me dont really understand and Ive just shut up about it.

hmmm

nice to meet you girls
chickpea View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2008 at 11:22am
Hi Jin... welcome... we are here to support you!
avkiwi3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avkiwi3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 8:27pm
Hi Julz,

We have a 5 year old - conceived 1st cycle of trying on our honeymoon : )

But have been trying for #2 for 4 years. I have had 3 ectopics 2 of which resulted in the tube being removed by emergancy surgery. This means our only chance of conciving is IVF. We have had a consultation at Wellington FA and are elegible for funding and are booked in for a June cycle.

We are hopeful that our chances of success will be good as we have no other known issues like Endo or cysts etc and my DH has no issues.

I know all too well the dispointment of AF showing up month after month.

Kirsty
kobec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2008 at 2:40pm
Hey Julz. I totally understand how you are feeling. My 2 sisters and best friend are all pg and 2 of them are due any day. I really feel like the odd one out when we are all together (which is on a very regular basis). Come and vent on here whenever you feel the need......

Mazza70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazza70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 2:40pm
Hi, my son was conceived through IVF after three years of trying and 4 goes at IUI. Unexplained infertility.

He is almost two now, but I still find it difficult to be around pregnant women. My WHOLE coffee group is either pregnant again or has had their second baby already. I've stopped going to coffee group. Most likely we'll just have the one child. Couldn't go through fertility treatment again, or 9 months of morning sickness.

M
buzzydaisy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzydaisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 10:09pm
Hi there,

Wow so nice to see I am not alone either. I read your little story and thought I had written it.

We concieved No.1 4 months after being married, a huge shock as we were not TTC at all.
We have now been trying for 3 year and 1 month.
We managed to concieve in June this year to find it was ectopic.
We waited 2 cycles and concieved again in september and miscarried in Nov.

I have not had tests done as we decided to change lifestyle and head back to work for a while.
Its so funny that I have concieved at a time when life was so extremely busy and stressfull and not in the carefree 3 years I was at home being a mum 2 no. 1.
My heart goes out to anyone going through this, it is extremely frustrating.

2Angel babies June 08 & Nov 08

Edited by Trying4No2
Mikaela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikaela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 11:53am
I don't know if I qualify for this group yet, but DH have been trying for #2 since January - so that's, what, 11 months? I had a m/c in February and a chemical pregnancy in August.

My DS (16 months old) was a 'surprise' as well, I found out I was pregnant two weeks before our wedding!

My DH is 39 so I don't know whether his age might be playing a part? I had one of my ovaries removed in emergency surgery earlier this year too, but the other ovary has kicked in and is producing an egg every month so I'm not sure what the hold up is. It's frustrating and sad though, I'd love to be able to give my lovely boy a sibling.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 7:26pm
Hi Julz

I was very much the same as you, Alia was such a surprise & freak out that we expected when we started trying for number 2 that we though that's we'd get preg straight away.

After 16 months & 12 months of serious trying, with a 30 day clock work cycle & 2 miscarriages in there (which the doctors fobbed off) I threw my hands up in the air & said I can't do this on our own.

No matter how laid back you try to be about it getting your AF on due date was not fun.

So on the 15th of April this year, when I got my AF (day 1 in a testing cycle) I phoned the doctors & booked in for an appointment which was the end of day 3 & I also rang my nathuropath (he's in Rotorua & I'm in PN)

Nathuropath said to me over the phone you need to take A, B & C, A & B I had here, & He put C on the courier over night.

Went to the Dr on day 3 & got the stuff to start the IVF process. Went & got my bloods done on day 22 (I think it was?) & proceeded to wait for AF to start again so I could have the day 2 blood tests.

I never got to the day 2 blood tests.....I swear I was lacking certain minerals that didn't allow me to get a sticky bubby. 2 weeks to replenish & voila Amazing, I was stunned. There certainly wasn't any other reason for my Secondary Infertility & it's after 16 months the tablets were the only thing we changed.

In speaking to my Grandmother she also had issues getting preg with her 2nd (My Mum) & that she was told to eat a lot of bananas...which ironically have the same minerals in them as to part of the tablets I was prescribed by the nathuropath.

So if you find you in that band of "unexplained infertility" when you do or have done your tests it might pay to look at other alternatives as well? You never know, it may help. I certainly didn't expect it too but it did for me.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
sno0ze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sno0ze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 9:16pm
I have been trying for number 2 for about a year and a half off and on - probably has been longer as I have tried to not keep track as too much at times. I got pregnant to my now 5 year old on the third cycle so i thought there would be no problem with number 2. I am finding it quite hard, we are trying again now as had about 9 mths break as moved oseas and got jobs etc. Haven't had tests yet, might give it a few more months yet.
All the best for everyone
 Post Reply Post Reply