FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedmaking inserts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alianasmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alianasmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: making inserts
    Posted: 23 September 2008 at 1:14pm
does anyone know of a really good microfiber retailer? i know about Greenbeans.. has anyone used theirs before and can rate it? i have some really bad ones i bought off trade me so im scared of buying the fabric unless its going to be good.
Also if anyone has any good tips for me with making the inserts that would be helpful Im not very competent when it comes to sewing
tickers" /></a>
Sponsored Links

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 1:18pm
I just made some, got some plain old ordinary microfibre from GreenBeans and just cut out 3 layers using inserts I already had as a template, then overlocked together. et voila! inserts. The next plan will be to mix up the materials eg include a layer of hemp. Good luck and let us know how you go! Oh, if you don't have an overlocker I'm sure you could just zigzag around the edge.

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
Alianasmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alianasmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 1:25pm
hhmmm overlocker. might have to pay a visit to the mother inlaws... lol i dont even have a sewing machine!!
tickers" /></a>
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 2:02pm
Apparently designer bums microfibre is really fluffy and thirsty. I haven't used it myself so can't confirm.

Designer bums
Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 2:03pm
I am going to see if my mum can make some nappies and inserts aswell just as extras, she has an all in one sewing machine hehe.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 2:24pm
Greenbeans microfibre is fine to use no probs with it
Tweedle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweedle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 7:06pm
Designer bums has the fluffy stuff - much nicer than GB IMO.
Mum to Ellie, Dylan & Lauren
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 8:52pm

I have insurts made from Greenbeans and they are fine. i actually find the ones my mum made from from there are heaps whiter than others inserts I have from other companies in NZ.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
 Post Reply Post Reply