FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat would you cook?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What would you cook?
    Posted: 24 September 2008 at 4:44pm
I have invited someone a bit special over for dinner on friday and now that she has accepted i don't know what to cook!?

Any suggestions?

It needs to be kinda easy 'cause I will be out all day!

PLEASE HELP ME!

Anna

Sponsored Links

surfergirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2008 at 4:50pm
Lasagne with garlic bread and salad.

Always a winner! (and easy to prepare in advance)
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2008 at 4:57pm
Eeek! Sorry, I just realised I didn't really suggest anything much when you mentioned it this morning did I?

Lasagne is super-easy with the maggi packet mix.
Just mince (I used chicken mince last night and it was goooooood), tomato paste, lasagne pasta and cheese sauce (which can also be bought in a packet and takes 2 mins to make). Oh and grated cheese on top.
40 mins to bake and its done.
You could serve with nice bread and a salad?
Most people like lasagne.
Or! You could do that spinach and cheese canneloni recipe that Mazzy posted in here. That's pretty easy and very yum! With salad and bread again...
Chicken pasta bake is yummy and easy and you can chuck the veges in with it to make it a one dish meal.
I'll keep thinking and text you if I have any other bright ideas
Good luck chickie!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2008 at 4:58pm
Hehe Esther, great minds!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2008 at 5:12pm
Ah Mel! You were a great help this morning but I am warking myself into a tizzy here! Silly eh?!

Keep the ideas coming ladies, I need all the help I can get!
Anna

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2008 at 5:16pm
do you have a crock pot? everyone seems to say the roast chicken in there is good....

or just buy indian takeout!

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2008 at 7:53pm
Check some chicken breast, cut it into pieces, fry it in a frypan, add 1 onion (chopped), 1 can of apicots, chicken stock and other flavourings, and a touch of cornflour in water (or reduced cream, once off the heat) to thicken. Serve with rice
 Post Reply Post Reply